Discmania PD2 - CHAOS

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby Pwingles » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:41 pm

jubuttib wrote:What was wrong with the C-Line in your PD?

It was a very slippery, very very stiff blend. Also, super duper overstable, and glide-less. ive been tuning it up but its got a ways to go before i keep it in my bag. So if theres an Xcal on roids in this plastic, its going to be a giant meat hook with no grip. Not a lot of use for that for me, but ill gladly explore an S line whenever they come out
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby Booter » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:42 pm

hmm i love the plastic my cpds were made of. tacky for me. really good cfr plastic.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby jubuttib » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:08 am

Roc Lover wrote:Also, super duper overstable, and glide-less.
Funny, this has basically been the reason people have liked the C-PD, you can use it to extend the slots the PD can cover even further. They're also almost as good thumber discs as the old standard Champ FBs and Opto XXXs. =)

All of my C-PDs are quite grippy though, very nice and stiff CFR plastic IMHO. They will surely get closer to normal Champ standards when they do the production runs though, losing everything the rest of us have liked about them so far...
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby rodman20 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:39 pm

i have 1 big D in the dessert and 2 asia open c-pds and love the plastic and feel. They are overstable and glideless but this helps push the fb outta my bag and i assume will get better with some wear.
rodman20
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird/Roc

Postby jubuttib » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:16 am

Woohoo, they did the same thing as with the TD (compared to the Roadrunner). XCal wing, but with modifications, so it's faster with a 2.4cm rim, instead of 2.3cm.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby JR » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:57 am

jubuttib wrote:Woohoo, they did the same thing as with the TD (compared to the Roadrunner). XCal wing, but with modifications, so it's faster with a 2.4cm rim, instead of 2.3cm.

That could be a great thing indeed! Watch oout Force there's a new kid in town. I may have to punch him before he's usable for me (tuning) but we'll see. One in new condition and another broken in or tuned if i get tired of waiting might be the only thing from Innova that would kick out Forces for me. Ain't competition among manufacturers grand?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JR » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:08 am

Sorry for the derail but i guess it's ok when the PD2 ain't out yet. Talking of RR vs TD does the added speed of the TD show in distance? Does the TD fade so hard that it loses the speed advantage for overall D? How much longer is the TD to a RR and how do they compare to Beast and Flow? I just threw GL Flow that is on the border of my preference on the wrong side with initial hyzer needs for a flip to flat. I wouldn't use it in any other cases than rear winds, rollers and hard flips. I threw it to i think 40' with a few degrees of anny and at the apex it was at least 40 degree annied. The hole was turning right 20 degrees and it almost went OB right. Opto it is for me and both Flows have flash intact and are new. In the snow Opto flow with flash is too much for me for ultimate D because it fades out on me a little too early and hard. I believe breaking it in or removing the flash from the Opto makes it perfect for winter and s-curver in summer or hyzer flip to flat disc. The GL in winter fades on high lines and won't on low lines. Unfortunately a low throw has a steep hyzer requirement with almost no margin of error in the hyzer angle or it's turning and burning.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby bullet » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:30 am

I'd really like to go out and throw my f*cking clear C-PD2 but I don't wanna lose it into the snow.
Well maybe some day I will 'cause it's getting hard to resist
bullet
Noob

Favorite Disc: Sinus AP

Postby Varsi » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:33 am

bullet wrote:I'd really like to go out and throw my f*cking clear C-PD2 but I don't wanna lose it into the snow.
Well maybe some day I will 'cause it's getting hard to resist

Come throw it in Kuopio and you'll have a few guys watching where it lands... not sure if you'll get it back after that but at least it won't get lost.
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby jubuttib » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:36 am

Try a local Citymarket/Prisma/equivalent. They usually have large parking lots that stay lit a couple of hours after the store closes, and they're usually well plowed.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Timko » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:12 pm

So I'm on the tester list for this disc. I guess selling 350 PDs does get you some recognition :). I'll let you know what I think once they get to me.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Booter » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:22 pm

and I'm gonna call dibs if you decide to let em go :)
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Joz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:24 pm

Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby jubuttib » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:44 pm

Perhaps they just copied the width from the XCal without checking further? PDGA approved discs list says 2.4cm.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Joz » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:49 pm

jubuttib wrote:Perhaps they just copied the width from the XCal without checking further? PDGA approved discs list says 2.4cm.

Oops, touché....

Long day for me here....
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment