Voodoo disc golf bags

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Voodoo disc golf bags

Postby some call me...tim? » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:11 pm

Does anyone know about this company? There was a tournament here last weekend, and Feldberg was sporting one of their bags. He said it's a new company, and basically that the guy behind it was frustrated with the shortcomings of other bags on the market, so started making these. Dave, of course, had the largest capacity one, but he said there are other "normal" sized bags too. From what I saw, it looked pretty solid with ample storage, internal pockets, tall drink holders, and a lifetime warranty. I did a quick google search and didn't turn anything up, here's the one pic I know of though: http://www.flickr.com/photos/edgepix/44 ... 767332444/
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Re: Voodoo disc golf bags

Postby Unity » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:26 pm

That looks like a really solid bag. Too large for my tastes, but a smaller bag would be legit. Hopefully we can get some more info on them soon. I love all the new companies that are getting into the sport.
[Ion] [Zone] [Fuse] [Buzzz] [XXX] [PD] [Destroyer]
Unity
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Jsw » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:09 pm

Well if Feldberg has one, I simply HAVE to have one.
Jsw
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: DGR's Night-Owl

Postby Voodoo disc golf » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:58 pm

I ran across your guys post and I figured I would help you out with some useful information. Thanks for the interest! Hope to see you owning a Voodoo Disc Golf Bag in the near future!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Voodoo-Di ... 4304859464
Voodoo disc golf
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Edition FB

Postby ManU » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:11 pm

so the Mojo looks like a Carolina but with extra features added
like organized end pockets etc

one of the things I have not like about my Carolina is that the end pockets are just big open spaces

I'd like to see more pics
especially pics with "back pack straps added"

Favorite Disc: Orion LF

Postby EpicLeopard1337 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:12 pm

the pic that Tim posted looks like the Zulu bag. a whopping 30-41 discs!

these bags definitely interest me. I just wish there were a more user friendly site or something, so I could see the prices and different colors available and whatnot
Flash-Valkyrie-Cheetah-Roc-Buzzz-Comet
EpicLeopard1337
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: honky cat

Postby JR » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:34 am

It felt sturdy and is well padded. For the weight Dave had in it it should have wider straps at the shoulder. But i'm spoiled by my great ruck sack. I'm not sure about how well the discs stay in if you keep the bag open. Even with the full arsenal of Feldy i dropped four of his discs without noticing in the first day of the Stockholm Disc Golf Open. I caddied for him and the hills are steep and wanting to stay close to the players to allow the maximum amount of time for Dave to think and pick his discs i walked so fast that the bag jumped up and down on my rump. The next day i walked and the discs stayed in better. I just wonder what would happen with a looser packing of fewer discs. Filled the bag is heavy so it's good for practice but may drop your effectiveness from exhaustion. Especially on hot days and physical courses. We had both then.

I forgot to mention that Dave adjusted the straps in a hurry when the bag was on me and i think he ran out of adjustment length. The bag was on my rump and that may have magnified the bouncing up and down and all around of the bag. It was on a large bump going every which way :-)
Last edited by JR on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby A buzzz and a beer » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:00 am

interesting looking bag. I didn't see any info on how many discs the top two hold though. I am looking for a new bag for tourneys next year but would like to have one that I also use day to day. Right now I have a innova competition bag. It is about perfect. When I want full discs I have the perfect room. Or when I want to carry a six pack I can do that and still have enough room for the main discs I want. I was planning on picking up a carolina bag this winter but I am worried that the small size difference will become an issue when I try to carry beer and good amount of discs.

The big thing I like about this bag and the carolina bag is the giant side pockets. With my competition I can barely fit my towels, phone, cigs, keys, lighter and all that stuff. No room for snacks.

I want to carry around 18-20 discs. And around 14-15 with a six pack. Then big enough pockets for a large bag of combos and all my keys, phone, towels and shit.

also i wonder what colors it comes in.

Great to see more bag companies coming out though.
A buzzz and a beer
Tree Magnet

Postby NoLifeLeft » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:34 am

A buzzz and a beer wrote:I want to carry around 18-20 discs. And around 14-15 with a six pack. Then big enough pockets for a large bag of combos and all my keys, phone, towels and shit.

Have you looked at the Lat 64 Pro Bag?
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby EpicLeopard1337 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:28 am

A buzzz and a beer wrote:interesting looking bag. I didn't see any info on how many discs the top two hold though.
I want to carry around 18-20 discs. And around 14-15 with a six pack. Then big enough pockets for a large bag of combos and all my keys, phone, towels and shit.

Zulu Bag: 30-41 discs
Karma Bag: 18-25 discs
Mojo Bag: 10-18 discs
Juju Bag: 8-10 discs
Flash-Valkyrie-Cheetah-Roc-Buzzz-Comet
EpicLeopard1337
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: honky cat

Postby A buzzz and a beer » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:18 am

The karma bag seems perfect. Post more info on how to get one and I might be picking one up before spring.
A buzzz and a beer
Tree Magnet

Postby Booter » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:28 am

or you could click the face book link above and ask them yourself
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Eric O » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:00 am

ManU wrote:so the Mojo looks like a Carolina but with extra features added
like organized end pockets etc
and without the godawful frame

They look pretty nice. Hard to get an idea about the details looking at Feldberg's bag cause it's plastered in patches.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Pwingles » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:12 pm

i think the real question is why some of these big name pros are abandoning Revo and going with these newer companies? I was under the assumption that a lot of these guys were sponsored by them (feldburg, jenkins, and a few others that i see rocking grip and others now) you think they are stakeholders in these new companies or what. I would think that a revo sponsorship for these big namers would have a bit more in the way of money and tourney entries etc than a new company could offer right away. (thread high jack comensicon)
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby Leopard » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 pm

i was looking at a used Revo bag that one of their sponsored pros had for sale. they said, "as a friend, i'm telling you -- don't buy it."
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Next

Return to Equipment