Voodoo disc golf bags

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Voodoo disc golf bags

Postby Pwingles » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:58 pm

in before Dave sews 2 nutsacs, and a camel back to his current bag and sews a FRD patch on
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby emiller3 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:53 pm

I asked about the Mojo bag, here was the response.
VooDoo wrote:Hey Eric,

Thank you for you interest in Voodoo Disc Golf Bags, Here are the answers to your questions, hope this helps out.

How much is it (including shipping)?
With tax and shipping the cost is $92.75

Are they currently in production and for sale?
They are available

What is the frame made out of? And do you have any pics?
The frame is made of plastic and mesh fabric. To see pics click on this
link below.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=3 ... 4304859464

Will the putter pocket fit two putters?
One putter pocket and mini pocket

How big are the side pockets? I'm curious if I can get a light jacket in them.
The side pockets are big enough for your light jacket no problem, I carry
a thick hooded pullover sweatshirt.

If you have any other question please don't hesitate. I know if you choose
to go with the Mojo bag you will be much happier with the Style and
functionality then with the competitors. Hope to talk to you soon, take
care.

Shane-

He didn't answer my question about the dimensions of the frame/main pocket. From the pics it looks like there are maybe 8 drivers and 6 mids, which is basically what I fit into my Chimp. Really would like to see the frame and frame dimensions before buying.
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Fritz » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:26 pm

First off, I might have to get one of these bags for name alone! :) As I have been known as the Voodoo Ninja, Voodoo Food Ninja etc...

I love the idea of the bag having the pockets in some sort of organization as well. The Revo bag open pock is just so cluttered and you have to dig around to find what you are looking for.
Even more so now that I travel with an iPhone/iTouch .
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby lordbyron001 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:55 pm

So i purchased a mojo bag recently and figured i should post what i think about it so far. Thankfully, i can say that this is a really great bag. It is what i wanted the REVO carolinas to be. First, the picture shown with the water bottle sagging to side pocket seems strange to me as this easily has the deepest side water pocket slots ive seen on a bag yet. As well the side pockets themselves only unzip to halfway down the side so even when open there is still some bag structure. Inside the large side pockets there are really nice phone pockets on one side with a large mesh side pocket underneath those as well as a main compartment and on the other side there is teh same mash side pocket and a large velcro pocket as well as main compartment. Quads hook up as normal. the 2 putters fit comfortably without having to stretch the pocket itself. Actually has a functional mini slot in front. something i faulted the revo for heavily, i found it really annoying. The inner disc compartment comfortably holds 14 discs with a single divider in it and the frame of the bag itself is made of what seems to be a nice rugged plastic covered in a thin padding then covered in mesh. It fits together with copious velcro then sits in the bag snugly but without causing stress points like the revo does, which eventually stretches the top of the bag out and rips little holes in the bottom of the bag. There is no putter rain flap, which some like but im ok with it. All in all this bag has been an extremely worthy purchase and would recommend anyone to get the mojo bag. oh yeah and it is surprisingly compact for how much it holds. it is definitely a bit smaller than a revo carolina
lordbyron001
Tree Magnet

Postby dgdave » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:28 pm

I'd like to try one of these. Plus they do custom stuff
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby emiller3 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:32 pm

lordbyron001 wrote:So i purchased a mojo bag recently and figured i should post what i think about it so far. Thankfully, i can say that this is a really great bag. It is what i wanted the REVO carolinas to be. First, the picture shown with the water bottle sagging to side pocket seems strange to me as this easily has the deepest side water pocket slots ive seen on a bag yet. As well the side pockets themselves only unzip to halfway down the side so even when open there is still some bag structure. Inside the large side pockets there are really nice phone pockets on one side with a large mesh side pocket underneath those as well as a main compartment and on the other side there is teh same mash side pocket and a large velcro pocket as well as main compartment. Quads hook up as normal. the 2 putters fit comfortably without having to stretch the pocket itself. Actually has a functional mini slot in front. something i faulted the revo for heavily, i found it really annoying. The inner disc compartment comfortably holds 14 discs with a single divider in it and the frame of the bag itself is made of what seems to be a nice rugged plastic covered in a thin padding then covered in mesh. It fits together with copious velcro then sits in the bag snugly but without causing stress points like the revo does, which eventually stretches the top of the bag out and rips little holes in the bottom of the bag. There is no putter rain flap, which some like but im ok with it. All in all this bag has been an extremely worthy purchase and would recommend anyone to get the mojo bag. oh yeah and it is surprisingly compact for how much it holds. it is definitely a bit smaller than a revo carolina

Hm, so the main compartment only fits 14 discs. I was hoping for 16. Any chance you could take some pics of the frame/bag?
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby A buzzz and a beer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:25 pm

I wish their website was functional. I am interested in buying a karma bag, but prefer to deal with a company that has a website rather than just a facebook page and an email.
A buzzz and a beer
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby lordbyron001 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:22 am

yeah a website would be nice, but shane was super prompt in delivering my bag. Shipped monday arrived wednesday at like 11 am in time for a round :) i have no doubts in his service. As far as pics go shoot me an email to send some to and Id be happy. Also in my bag i pack a rhino and which seems like i could fit 2 drivers in place of it making it 15 discs most likely as a max. After that it would def be gettin cramped
lordbyron001
Tree Magnet

Postby guru10 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:27 pm

Myself, I like the Karma. I've been rocking a Crunch box, but have outgrown it, as far as needed space is concerned. My questions about it are:

Specifically, could the public be supplied with a color palette? I heard there was a purple available, but i'm looking for more Crown Royal than Barney, ya dig?

Next is about the backing. From the pictures, it looks like it is padded, a major win over the bags i've seen. What's going on there?

Not only does this bag look nice, it also looks like it could take to some nice mods, in the vein of speakers, cooler compartment, etc.
I also use DGCR

Destroyer/EXP/Gazelle/Whippet/Roc/Magic
guru10
Noob

Postby lordbyron001 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:52 pm

the back is padded and is quite comfortable
lordbyron001
Tree Magnet

Postby aithos » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:45 pm

They should ask me to do a website for them and make me an offer of some custom bags as payment. I'm programmer doing web development and I could easily get them a site up and running, would just be a matter of adding in some fancy stuff to make it look pretty once the functionality is done. But getting a clean site in place with pictures and ecommerce functionality would drive business a lot ;)
aithos
Noob

Postby J-Man » Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:34 pm

looks heavy...does it have an optional pull out handle and wheelies?
Team Oregon Ambassador@Large
J-Man
1000 Rated Poster

Postby dgdave » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:35 am

I wanna try one. I want the bohemith one.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby mickas » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:05 pm

So what's the consensus on which bag is closest in size (disc holding capacity) to the revolution carolina bag.

I want to grab one of these but I already own a chimp and I'm looking to upgrade to a little more space, would the mojo provide said space or would I need to go with the Karma or whatever the next step up is?
Destroyers | Predators | Eagles | Buzzz | Comets | Magnets

trades: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22441
mickas
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby Steady 26542 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:21 pm

If you like the Chimp why not go with the Gorilla?
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment