World 2 my knee's 0

While mechanics are crucial to the disc golf throw, it's important to have your body in shape to throw. Talk about conditioning and injuries here.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

World 2 my knee's 0

Postby Pwingles » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:01 pm

About 6 years ago i tore my ACL completely, partial MCL tear and some meniscus damage. Had surgery to repair it and after about a year i was fully better and my knee was probably stronger then before.
Well saturday @ leagues, overtorqued a bh roller, slipped off the tee, pop (worse sound ever if youve heard it before), and i go down like a sack of potatoes.

This time it was the other knee, luckily i dont believe it to be the ACL this time (if you can call that luck) i believe it to be the PCL or a PCL MCL combo. I havent gotten an MRI yet, but i am hoping to figure all this stuff out by the first week of Jan. Either way, it sucks dick but on the bright side, sooner i have surgery, or maybe a custom brace (not my first choice but money may be an issue) then the sooner i can play again. Til then ill be putting the Jim Beam family kids through college.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Re: World 2 my knee's 0

Postby Apothecary » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:26 pm

that sucks, brother. devil rollers.

get well soon and drink one for me.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby Pwingles » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:47 pm

Thanks man, i for sure will
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby JR » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:58 pm

Sorry to hear that. Take care and ask the docs if any new information has come up regarding treatments and physio since your previous injury. But first you need the correct diagnose. If you rehab the wrong way you may well injure yourself way worse.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Body Conditioning and Injury