Tyler One and Done - Feb 24 - Who's Gonna Be There?

A place to post or request tournament information.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Solty » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:43 pm

roadkill wrote:Tyler 2/24 Who was there:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_OvFMLIlseJc/ReE ... 1nDone.jpg

for Bigs being a tallguy....he got blocked by everyone...lol
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby bigs348 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:04 pm

Yeah, stupid Hobie standing in my way. That's the problem with multiple cameras. I was looking around his head at one camera, but was then blocked from the other.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby roadkill » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:20 pm

disc_golfing_fool wrote:
bigs348 wrote:
Actaully, who are we kidding?? Bagger Martinez will prob show up, play am again, and destroy us all. :x

He's not that good. You're better than he is.
He talks too much.

This quote is kind of funny in hindsight considering he shot a 78 and in fact did destroy us all.
Winning the open division in his first tournament ever as a pro........ something just not right here......
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby bigs348 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:32 pm

Yeah, I was happy to win AM1, but it wasn't a big deal to me at all for two reasons:

1) Martinez was forced to play up, but he still beat me. When we play other places I can usually take him, but at Tyler he always plays phenomenally.

2) Eric (jist313) shows up to his first tournament ever and wins AM2, also beating me.

So yeah, I did great...
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby disc_golfing_fool » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:54 am

roadkill wrote:
This quote is kind of funny in hindsight considering he shot a 78 and in fact did destroy us all.
Winning the open division in his first tournament ever as a pro........ something just not right here......

I am definitely not quite right! Just ask my wife. :D

I was trying to bump up Biggie's confidence, since he has the game to beat any AM when he is playing well. The one round I played with Dave, he seemed to have average AM1 skills, I didn't see anything spectacular in his game.

I've only met Dave once, and he did not leave a great impression.
Scoring controversy, with a 20 minute explanation I didn't want to hear while trying to play golf. And, another 30 minute lecture when I had to take a stroke for a disc lost in plain site buried under the snow. He was all up in my grill while I was trying to golf on the lead card. I got worked, and it pissed me off; more because I let myself get worked than anything.

I'm sure he's a decent guy, and when he wasn't "close talking" me, he seemed like a nice enough guy.

I've got too much love to hate, so please forgive the appearance of such.

I love Tyler and its locals. Good people, great course!
~~~some rise, some fall, some climb to get to Terrapin~~~
~~peace.love.disc~~

OM
disc_golfing_fool
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby bigs348 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:59 am

Hmm, I didn't know all that happened up at Hickory Run. I was down on the second card playing about 850-rated golf that 2nd round.

Let me just say that, "scoring controversies" seem to happen a lot with Dave.

As far as him being a "decent guy," I don't know. I'm not sure if I know Dave as just a guy. I know MJ Dave. I'm sure regular Dave is a great guy, but I can't stand MJ Dave. That's about all I have to say here...
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby disc_golfing_fool » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:22 am

bigs348 wrote:Let me just say that, "scoring controversies" seem to happen a lot with Dave.

I did not know that. Thanks for the heads up.

MJD was there in full effect.
~~peace.love.disc~~

OM
disc_golfing_fool
Tree Magnet

Postby disc_golfing_fool » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:06 pm

Alan,
Just a couple thoughts on things:

I believe the score was mistaken by the TDs, I doubt there was any intentional cheating going on. The fact there was no penalty assessed means the TDs decided so, and I trust their judgement.

I played a total Mullet Round the second round, and I blame no one for that but myself. I did not even deserve to finish T1 with that performance, so I don't want to appear to be shifting blame. I was my problem second round, not Dave.

Dave was Dave and that was that.

Weird how this all comes up a month later.
~~peace.love.disc~~

OM
disc_golfing_fool
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to Tournaments