TinCups Bag o' Tricks

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

TinCups Bag o' Tricks

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:36 pm

Revo Dual Pack, Tournament bag:

Drivers:
174 Z Nuke (Overstable, for a Nuke)
173 ESP Nuke (Perfectly stable)
174 ESP Nuke (Beat, Super flippy)

174 Z Force (New, overstable)
173 Z Force (Beat straight)
173 ESP Force (Worn, think Star Wraith)
169 Sparkle Z Force (Late turn, tailwinds)

168 Z Flick (Forehand rollers and overhands)
174 ESP Avenger (New, everything that is good about an Avenger)
170 ESP Avenger (Great disc, very useful)
173 ESP Surge (Flip City, backhand rollers)

Mids;
177 Z Wasp
176 Proto Glo Z Buzzz (Gliding Hyzers, Headwind Buzzz)
174 ESP Buzzz (Forehand Touch Buzzz)
170 FLX Buzzz (Perhaps my favorite)
176 Glo Z Buzzz SS (Power Turnovers)
174 ESP Meteor (Underrated disc, touch shots and anhyzers

Driving Putters:
174 LE ESP Zone
175 FLX Challenger (Dependably more stable than Cryztal)
5x Elite X Soft Challengers (New to clovered)

Putting Putters:
168 RedRing Proto Soft Ion (Brand new, with flash, jump putts)
167 RedRing Proto Soft Ion (Worn off flash, all other putts)

KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Craft Discs

Re: TinCups Bag o' Tricks

Postby Pwingles » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:17 am

how far are you pushing your mids out? Im assuming pretty far since you have no true fairways, what do you do for tweener shots 300-340ish
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:45 pm

I will throw a Buzzz at anything under 380', if it is fairly straight. If it needs more hyzer, the 170 Avenger gets the call. The Surge is flippy enough to use for low anhyzers in that range, while one of the other Buzzzes will go right, RHBH, on a higher line. 300-350' is also right in my wheelhouse for a forehand Force shot. I definitely get the "Where are your fairway drivers ?" question/look often. I was carrying a Stalker for awhile, but I can throw a Buzzz within 10' of a Stalker, so it seemed a bit redundant. I tell people that I use my Avengers the way I see other players use TeeBirds.
I should also say that since it has cooled off, I have been less and less pleased with the way I am throwing my drivers. I seem to have gotten out of timing somehow, maybe it is the added clothes. Oddly, my drives with putters and mids have been pretty damn good. I may just need some fieldwork....but it is hard to do that with the snow falling. Our winter series starts Saturday, luckily it is a wooded technical course (Elk Creek, Appomattox VA), so there won't be too many full power shots required.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:29 pm

Ordered a couple of heavy X Nukes, and a Z Hornet. My impression of the Hornet in ESP was that it was not HSS compared to a Wasp, but maybe just as LSS? I remember really liking the feel of the disc for forehand shots. Eh, I will give it a shot, but I doubt it makes the bag. As far as the X Nukes, I am not sure what to expect. I suppose they could be an off the shelf replacement for the really flippy one that I am carrying now. Anybody thrown one?
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby Pwingles » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:13 pm

sometimes people get to a point where they are so confident in their mids and then after that the only reason they reach for anything else under 380 is wind/stability needs. I hit a wall like that a while back, i was sort of upset at the fact i was getting my rocs 340-360 accurately and maxing out with a Tb @ 380ish, so i just took everything bigger out and worked on my accuracy more, D has never been an issue with me really but i worked really hard to control it and i feel like this last year i made huge steps towards living up to my own standards of where i should be with the D+accuracy part.

I contemplated using several fairway combos in the past, the only ones that have pleased me so far have been TB,Leo,XXX and PD, River, XXX. I recently added a Pred to take the fairway spot of the XXX and am going to use the XXX as more of a utility type disc. But i could see how someone could use Avengers and something overstable to cover everything in that in between area. I was thinking of using Orc/Pred/Roc for everything between my putter and Max D driver, still may lol.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:46 pm

When I used ot throw Innova discs, the Starfire was a great mold for me. Hard to beat forehand or backhand. The Avenger is like that for me now. I throw a Predator now and then, but I have never really kept one in the bag for long. The Stalker is a great disc. It was my security blanket for a long time, but I need to work on getting some discs out. I am happy with the number and feel of molds in my bag, but there is room to trim some fat. I have thrown several times in the past couple of days, and it has been pretty bad. Still not hitting my marks like I need to. I took 6th in Open at our first winter event. The next course is very open with wind and treacherous greens, so I need to get whatever the hell is going on straightened out. I have considered taking the Nukes out for the winter, but I can't make up my mind.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby keltik » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:05 pm

I like it.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:19 pm

This may be a little off subject, but maybe I will get some input. It seems like in warm weather, if I am having problems (form wise/grip lock), some work with throwing putters usually takes care of it. As of late, I am having better luck working with drivers to correct problems. Maybe the whole issue is grip? Damn near subconcious. I don't feel like I am locking up on drivers, but EVERY one of them is yanked right (RHBH). Yesterday, I just went out and threw pure hyzer shots, and it really helped when I was trying to throw straight. Probably assed up my putter drives. Winter golf is tough.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:32 pm

NoMoreTinCup wrote:Revo Dual Pack, Tournament bag:

Drivers:
174 Z Nuke (Overstable, for a Nuke)
173 ESP Nuke (Perfectly stable)
174 ESP Nuke (Beat, Super flippy)

174 Z Force (New, overstable)
173 Z Force (Beat straight)
173 ESP Force (Worn, think Star Wraith)
169 Sparkle Z Force (Late turn, tailwinds)

168 Z Flick (Forehand rollers and overhands)
174 ESP Avenger (New, everything that is good about an Avenger)
170 ESP Avenger (Great disc, very useful)
173 ESP Surge (Flip City, backhand rollers)

Mids;
177 Z Wasp
176 Proto Glo Z Buzzz (Gliding Hyzers, Headwind Buzzz)
174 ESP Buzzz (Forehand Touch Buzzz)
170 FLX Buzzz (Perhaps my favorite)
176 Glo Z Buzzz SS (Power Turnovers)
174 ESP Meteor (Underrated disc, touch shots and anhyzers

Driving Putters:
174 LE ESP Zone
175 FLX Challenger (Dependably more stable than Cryztal)
5x Elite X Soft Challengers (New to clovered)

Putting Putters:
168 RedRing Proto Soft Ion (Brand new, with flash, jump putts)
167 RedRing Proto Soft Ion (Worn off flash, all other putts)

KP

Okay, coupla changes. Took out one Nuke, added two others. One is a heavy Z that is a little flippy, one is ESP and is by far the most overstable Nuke I have thrown. Looking at some wind for the tourney this weekend. I don't think carrying 4 Nukes is all that great of an idea, but I need to use them before I decide what's what. I also took out a Force. Should have time tomorrow to throw some other ones and decide what all is going back in. Mids and putters are the same. Still having issues with griplock, despite an hour and a half of relaxed driving this evening. Today, though I only threw the Nukes. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:58 pm

So the temps were nearer 50F than 30F for a change, and voila, he can throw again! Not exaxtly an epiphany, but I was not following through very well, and just feeling generally tight all the way around. Threw 30% better shots today, still with some lock on anyhzers, but nice hyzers and good forehands. Brand new Z Force in the bag, and a new (last one) gummy proto too. The Proto was the class of the field for forehands today, and the new Z for headwinds and hard hyzers. Headed to play the tournament course tomorrow, and I feel good about it. Probably gonna take some stuff out after tomorrow, but not until it gets some real round testing. Currently waiting for X Nukes, Z Hornets, Sig Buzzz SSs, a Meteor, and a Comet in the mail.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:50 pm

Still waiting on X Nukes and Hornet. Have and have thrown Buzzz SS. Bleeecccchhh! Domey, overstable (for what I wanted), and not a great stamp. Upside, the best Z Plastic I have seen in some time. The white is beautiful, and flies like crap. Oh well. The Meteor is just a backup, it flies right. The Comet is an X, which I had never thrown, and it is pretty cool. Very straight with lots of glide. Seems like a longer putter to me. May actually put one in the bag. Does anyone have any input on how a Comet will fly in moderate winds? Not necessarily headwinds, but I was wondering if they get squirrely in crosswinds, or just need a deft touch to keep true. Will need some practice, but it was very impressive today.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:32 pm

Played a new course yesterday. Neat fairways, utility right of ways, 40'+ wide with really thick nasty stuff down both sides. 3-4 holes like that near or over 800', on almost 1100'. Cold and windy. Appreciated the stability of my Forces, threw some nice hyzer shots in the wind. Had some really good Nuke shots too. They go a long damn way uphill, and I didn't yank any off the fairway. I had one that went up over a crest and was still turning as I lost sight of it. That one found some headwind that I couldn't have felt where I threw it. That was my one pitch out. Took 5 on the 1100' hole with that pitch out. Overall, very pleased with the bag. ESP Avengers continue to cement their place as my favorite utility driver, forehand and backhand. The X Comet was a little underwhelming, but that was my fault. Threw it some more today, may keep it in the bag.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:12 pm

X Comet is out of the tourney bag, but in the woods bag. Auditioned ESP and Z Hornets today. Had some wind to throw in, which was good, but both versions were much like my first impression. Nice LSS, but lacking in HSS. I did get some nice low hyzers, but I would be throwing Avengers for that most times anyways. Faster than a Wasp, but not better for me. I did throw them with a couple of Wasps and a Discmania Gremlin, and the Gremlin was quite nice. If the Hornet had the HSS of a Gremlin, I would consider making room in the bag. I am a bit concerned about the new Buzzz SS mold, and was considering trying to flatten them. Overall, the response seems a bit underwhelming. I do wonder what others who have thrown both the new and old ones think.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:44 pm

So lately I have been toying with the idea of building another bag, not for any good reason, but sort of a "best of the rest" deal.
I could really use some input in a couple of spots. I would prefer, but not exclude, keeping away from all Gateway and most Innova products. Again, nothing written in stone, just an idea.
I really like Halos swapped in for Nukes, Halos seem to fly nicely in a good range of weights. Could use Opto to Star comparison.
I think a heavy Halo would also compare with a new Force.
Need replacement for a beat Force.
I like Strikers, but believe they are mostly less stable than Avengers?
The PD gets raves, would be willing to try one, need more info, don't know much about Discmania, other than I like the Gremlin.
Is the XXX as good at FH rollers as a Flick?
Need replacement for ESP Surge, long hyzer to anhyzer drives.

Mids could be...
Gremlin
Core
Fuse (never thrown one)
I would like something between the Gremlin and Core, open to suggestions.

Driving Putters...
Spike (maybe)
Pure (I like it)
Omega SS (Innova, I know, but a solid disc)

Keeping the Ions, wouldn't swap them for anything, but just for putting.
Let me hear your ideas, remembering that I would like to keep this simple, and be able to assemble it fairly quickly.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:49 pm

Been awhile.......
Current setup is:
Z Nuke OS
Z Nuke
X Nuke

3x Z Force

2x ESP Avenger
Z Avenger

FLX Drone
2x Z Buzzz
ESP Buzzz
FLX Buzzz
Z Glide

ESP Zone
Z Challenger
2x X Soft Challenger

2x D Challenger

After 3 months of new form, I am throwing everything further, but not as consistently. Good to be playing though, and the bag is happy.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Next

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion