Discmania PD2 - CHAOS

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby Booter » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:54 pm

all good. I hope these work great in the wind. I have forces and they're perfect sooo if these hold up fine in our wind,theyll be in the bag. I actually think the p pd2 will be a bomber when it breaks in
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby zj1002 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:59 pm

So is it longer than a pred? I would assume so for bigger arms. Sounds like a nice stable compliment to my solf. I'm really curious how the wind will treat it. I bet the p-pd2 will crush
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Timko » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:47 pm

It's much faster than a Pred. I've got the whole week off, a decently healed wrist, and some longer courses to go work this thing out on. Cliff Drive tomorrow!
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Booter » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:09 am

zj it's a tweeked xcal bottom so it's definitely faster than a pred I can tell you that. Looking forward to your reviews chris. I'm hoping mine come in tmorrow or tues. I'm off all week :)
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby zj1002 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:40 am

well im not after faster, that can be different from longer. I can throw a pred as far as some wide rimmed drivers. If you do get it in before I leave town you gotta let me get a field toss in. Cant wait for discmania to release this thing next year
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby dgdave » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:52 am

Just got mine in from furthur. They feel nice. A lot less bulky than an Xcal while not having a shallow rim. There are 20-25 mph winds and I'll get a round in in about an hour.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Booter » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:57 am

fuuuuuuuck I hope I got mine in today but I'm away from my house :(
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Timko » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:09 pm

The Champ plastic is choice. Very champy, not stiff, not gummy. It's easy to grip in the winter of KC. I'll be interested to see what our Florida and Texas testers think of these.
Timko

Postby dgdave » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:14 pm

That's what I was thinking too. They feel like the pre release Masters stamped Destroyers from 07. Also close to the same color too.

The pro plastic also feels choice.
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby Joz » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:54 pm

So for us in the "mainstream," does anyone know when we can expect the PD2 in Champ plastic? I know Mark Molnar mentioned that they could be sold as CFRs, but when? I like the flight characteristics of my Pro PD2, but I am not a huge pro plastic fan.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Timko » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:06 pm

Mark said that they'll be fundraisers for the European Open. Sometime in April.
Timko

Postby dgdave » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:15 pm

So the Cs definitely track right on 400ft ish shots in a 20 ish mph wind. The always came back, even if given some torque or initial anny. They have more hss than early/1st run echo and champy/star xcals with dome. The plastic did get a little nicked up from hitting a chain link fence on a big hyzer toss.

With the P, I was getting some really big flex shots. These flew like new 1st run echo xcals. They glide great and have a more forward fade than the C. I had one big 450ish toss downhill withered a L-R tailwind. We'll see how they break in.

Both plastics had more lift and glide than expected. Not enough glide to get knocked arounds, but it was noticable. I got about 15 or so tosses with each.
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby Booter » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:32 pm

mmmm just got home and saw some goodies waiting for me. These feel nice! Both of mine are domey and feel good. I can't wait to throw these tomorrow. I have a star xcal,and a few forces I can compare side by side. Il report back later in the day with my findings. Thanks chris!!
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Timko » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:38 pm

No problem guys. I think Mark knows that I get good reviews out of people, so I think he'll be happy with our arrangement. Hopefully it will allow us to review more Discmania tester discs in the future :).
Timko

Postby zj1002 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:11 am

I got throw booters yesterday. I'm definitely placing an order for some p-pd2s when i get back in town.

I only got to throw them on some huge hyzers but got destroyer/hurricane type distance on the throws. The p-pd2 will turn into a crusher, this is really more of a dd3. For a wide rim it feels natural in the hand, which is a big thing for me. Only possible negatives i saw were some crazy skips. They didn't take big skips, but rather would skip and spin in odd directions when thrown on long hyzers
zj1002
metroid cannon

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment