Discmania PD2 - CHAOS

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby MR. WICK » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:25 am

Anyone know what the weight range is going to be on the P's? All of the dgv ones are max wt. I want a few of these at 170-172.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby jubuttib » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:42 pm

Hopefully they'll be available in the ~169 range eventually.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby discspeed » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:43 pm

I unfortunately haven't gotten to throw mine too much yet. On the scale my yellow champ weighs 175.5 and my orange P weighs 173.8. Today I got a few throws with the champ. It flew really nice, reminding me very much of a faster PD. I didn't get a chance to throw the P yet. I also really like the way these feel in the hand, much more than the Xcal or Destroyer. It teamed really well with my Flows today and I'm looking forward to some more extensive testing in the coming days and it warms up a bit.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby dgdave » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:55 pm

Got to toss mine some more today. I feel pretty much the same, except I really liked the P for long pd type shots. The C held up great in the wind. I let a guy with 460ish power toss them and he got some great results with them too.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Booter » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:09 pm

ok so I took the pd2's out yesterday and today along with a 175 star xcal, 174 domey pink z force. First off,these things feel soooo nice,very comfortable and easy to grip. The 2 I got, one p and one c ,were both domey and grippy. So yesterday I played a round with zj and threw them a handful of times due to shitty weather conditions. Rainy,no wind, and muddy. First rips with the p it flew great,nice forward penetrating fade with BIG skips at the end. The c was more overstable than the p and came out of the straigt flight sooner than the p. I let zj throw both on a hyzer line for one hole and the glide on these things was nice! No matter what though,they skipped alot.once we got to an open hole there was a small tail wind which made these and every other disc hyzer out a little more than usual obviously. I threw the p,c,xcal and force,all were similar in flight with the cpd2 being the most overstable,force next in line,xcal 3rd,and the ppd2 4th.disappointed there wasn't any wind I didn't want to post my findings just yet.

today we had a moderate wind with much better conditions. 70 degrees,12-15 mph winds, dry. I took all 4 to the field today and had about 10 throws with each both RHBH and RHFH. Today I got much better rips and a better idea on how these fly next to eachother. 1st up I threw them in a tail wind with a little anny forced on them to see how they would flex out.again the p was the longest by 15-18' infront of my star xcal and z force with the cpd2 being the shortest. All flew similar in flight but the pd2's were definitely a tad faster. Next throws were the opposite direction in the headwind. Ppd2 crush's btw,threw it flat and had it track right a few feet to flex back and skip a good bit.next I threw the *xcal and got the same results only,less fade and little less d. Next the new z force,tracked right a tad then finished left short of the ppd2 but past the *xcal just a bit. Last was the cpd2 with barely any turn,possibly a couple feet but it didn't last long til it hyzered out coming up short of all 3.

next set of throws were RHFH in the headwind again,powerstack grip and some of my best rips FH. Again,the ppd2 was the furthest,*xcal 2nd,z force 3rd right behind the *xcal leaving the cpd2 last. I'm not the best FH driver but it was pretty good today going 360+ while my BH d is 400+ I guess. Anywho, after all the throws with all 4,id say they're very similar in flight only the ppd2 was the furthest getting the same flight pattern as my domey * xcal just going further.my pink zforce is pretty beefy but the cpd2 is definitely a little more beefy. Now I never removed the flashing from these so I'd assume that when I do this,the cpd2 would probably gain some d as well as the ppd2. The ppd2 was my favorite mainly because I can see it crushing once it beats ina bit. I'm hoping I get to toss these into some of our usual wind, 20+mph. These felt great,easy to grip and weren't stiff at all.i wouldn't say they were gummy but just the right medium as well as havin some nice cfr plastic to grip.

I think discmania has done well with these and I will be keeping these in the bag for a while to see how the fair up and to see if I can get the ppd2 to beat in. I wish I had a champ xcal to compare to te cpd2 but I don't. I'd imagine it's ver similar with some slight differences. The true test will be the longevity of the discs after some seasoning. I'm enjoying them. I want a *pd2 now!!

ps. I'm sure mikes review will be much more detailed but I'm glad I got to test these out!!
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Booter » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:25 pm

pss. I got a fuckn cramp in my thumb from typing all that from my damn phone! Haha
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby discspeed » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:03 am

booter wrote:pss. I got a fuckn cramp in my thumb from typing all that from my damn phone! Haha

I was going to ask if JR logged into your account this time. :lol:
discspeed

Postby discspeed » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:08 am

Today I've got some nice weather, so I should be able to do some better testing. I'm taking them to the field today alongside a Champ Xcal and a couple other discs.
discspeed

Postby dgdave » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:14 am

Heading out to toss these again. 20-30 mph winds
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Dump truck » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:55 am

Would one of you guys that have em post some profile comparison pics? Ppd2 vs cpd2, or vs xcal, force, destroyer, etc...
omega/rhyno/comet/torque/hornet/valk/pd/nuke/destroyer
Dump truck
Tree Magnet

Postby discspeed » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:20 pm

I just got back from the field. I threw my 2 PD2s (175.5 champ, 173.8 P, same PLH, P a bit more domey), my GL and Opto Flows, a Z Nuke, a Pro Orc, and a Champ Xcal. All discs weighed 173-175. I was throwing mostly through crosswinds blowing 5-10mph, but it was really gusty so it was hard to make concrete comparisons. My yellow PD2 is kind of a gummy champ and has a nice dome. My P PD2 is a strange pro plastic. It's definitely got a heavy dose of R-Pro because you can see through it a little when you hold it up to a light, and I've never seen any clear straight pro plastic.

Brand new and in mild wind, my P seemed to fade a bit more than my C. The P however did get flipped a little more into a head/crosswind than the C. Both were a little less stable than my Champ Xcal, but they were also noticeably faster. Length-wise the PD2s were right there with my Flows. I did not see a noticeable distance difference between the P and C, but I only got about 10 throws with each. The PD2s were definitely longer than the Xcal. They had really great glide for a stable disc and reminded me of my Flows in this respect. They seemed to have to be really overpowered to flip and hold from a flat release, but I could see them pushing into cruise long before they would turn over.

Overall I again would compare the PD2 to a faster PD. It is halfway between an overstable star Destroyer and a Champ Xcal in stability and nose sensitivity. I will definitely be testing and posting more.

I'm pretty sure this disc is more or less exactly what I was looking for to pair with my Flows and be a step up from my stable PDs. I'm excited to see this disc come into production. I want an S-PD2, and I also want to throw one made of some stiffer champ plastic as gummy is almost always less stable in my experience. However, I love my gummy Champ and I think that overall it probably makes a more versatile disc than a stiff one would, but I'd just like one for really windy days. In normal conditions I don't have any need for anything more stable than these C-PDs.
discspeed

Postby zj1002 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:27 pm

I agree with you that it is right in between an xcal and destroyer. When Rick handed me his I told him it felt more like a destroyer. The p-pd2 will be hurricane-ish when it breaks in. It has the forward push of a pd with initial destroyer/xcal stability. I only threw them twice but I'll be buying some later today that should get some heavy work
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby jubuttib » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:30 pm

Funny how discs that Jussi designs to fit his own needs are so well liked by everyone... =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:45 pm

discspeed wrote:
booter wrote:pss. I got a fuckn cramp in my thumb from typing all that from my damn phone! Haha

I was going to ask if JR logged into your account this time. :lol:

Pssst! A tip: Keyboards on computers :-)
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby steven » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:20 pm

i assume these have the same rim width as the destroyer and xcal, even though there are minor differences in the pdga specs. if this is correct, how could they be faster than a destroyer, which has a sharper nose than the pd-type top. i know the dd2 is a hair slower than the katana. I believe the dd2 is a katana bottom with a pd top. is the pd2 a destroyer/xcal bottom with a pd top? if so, i would guess it to be a hair slower than the destroyer. thanks for the info, psyched to get some when they are available and see if they work better than my pro and champ destroyers.
YETI - GATOR - ROC - PD - BOSS
steven
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: dx roc

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment