Which one is in?

Rules Discussion and General PDGA discussion.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Which one is in?

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Wed May 19, 2010 12:57 pm

It was a challenge doing that photo since it was breezy and I was by myself. I realized afterwards that I didn't show the classic DROT sitting flat on top. But the yellow disc hanging on the side was a cooler looking DROT. Even though it looks like the yellow disc might be touching chains, it was not. I agree the weirdest one is the white disc up under the chain support and I have no idea how it would get there unless the disc came in high and bounced up from hitting the chain ring perhaps. The Zephyr hanging outside the basket was actually taped there because, if you look close, it's the old style Mach III basket where the vertical nub wires were welded sideways on the inside. The current Mach baskets have the wire coming from the outside and hooking like finger over the circular top wire pointing toward the pole. Discs can actually hang outside the basket on those without any tape assist.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby curt » Wed May 19, 2010 1:02 pm

Chuck,

If that yellow disc were touching the chains, would that satisfy the requirements for a hole-out?
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Wed May 19, 2010 1:14 pm

I'd have to check with the Rules Committee to be sure. It's sort of like the weird shots wedged between the outside of the basket and a rock or tree that we've seen. The ruling there is if the tree or rock were taken away, could the disc still be supported solely by the basket? If 'no' then no hole out. In the same way, if the chains couldn't solely support the yellow disc in that position if the chain support also holding it were taken away, then I suspect their (RC) position would be that no hole out occurred.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby ChUcK » Thu May 20, 2010 10:28 pm

Yes, but if it is touching the chains in any way then the disc and chains are exerting normal forces upon each other, and the chains are therefore providing some of the support. What percentage of support should be required?
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby Pwingles » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:42 am

quick question, if the disc goes into the bucket, yet by virtue of the angle and speed of the disc or the shittiness of the basket the disc goes through the bottom and onto the ground. Ruling?

and for arguments sake, nobody disputes that the disc went into, and through the bottom of the bucket
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:08 am

Not good, unless the disc stayed in the basket long enough that the group declared the disc at rest before it then dropped out.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:57 am

And no sanctioned event should be held where a disc can fall out the bottom of the basket. Casual ruling, its a good put.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby kern9787 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:10 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:And no sanctioned event should be held where a disc can fall out the bottom of the basket.

Besides this point here, it is no different than a disc hitting in and skipping back out. It's holed out once it comes to rest.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby money 21 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:27 am

ziggy wrote:Image

Let's discuss :)

what would be in if the throw was seen by the group with te new rules?
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, sharp shooter #2, trak, ascent, seacert weapon, vulture, unlace, lace, olace, solace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby veganray » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:37 am

White Classic Roc & Red Roc. And only then if the group doesn't decide it witnessed either one enter through the side of the tray (or the top of the chain-support assembly )& miraculously climb & stick in the chains. Orange wedgie could be in, but if the group decides it witnessed it go in the basket in the 'incorrect' manner (i.e., wedging into the side of the tray instead of entering the tray in the conventional manner & wedging on the way back out), it is out. Yellow and other 2 orange OUT in 2011 rules.
Last edited by veganray on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:40 am

Read here for the answer:
http://www.pdga.com/rule-changes-2011

I just updated this Rules School article to synch with the new holing out rule:
http://www.pdga.com/interference-rule