ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Prodiscus Jokeri

Postby JR » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:26 am

Robin Hood wrote:So are these things shallow like a Ringer? If so I may be very interested.

The overall height is a little less than that of a Ringer. Curling my index finger to the flight plate with the outermost joint of the index finger under the bead of the Ringer and the wing/rim corner of the Jokeri it's much easier for my short finger to touch the flight plate of the Jokeri. I have to apply pressure to get tissue to compress so that i can touch the flight plate of the Ringer. Jokeri needs no squeezing for finger tip to flight plate contact.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby vesakai » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:13 am

Shipping is said to be 7 to 30 days to USA
but when I sent those to PDGA it took less than 7 days

so someone please keep Frank in his pants next week, because it might take longer :)

fyi. few contacts already. So Prodiscus discs may soon be available in USA
vesakai
prodiscus maximus

Favorite Disc: LEGENDa

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:53 am

I don't wear pants.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Itchy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:36 pm

Yeah, based on his disturbing picture it looks like a dress/skirt to me... :roll:
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Re: ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legendi)

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:41 pm

So vesakai can we hear a little about the mid and drivers you have planned?
Frank Delicious

Postby turso » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:20 pm

The driver they have in test use atm is planned to launch in spring according to the website. Going by the description it seems something on the lines of XXX. It would be the Respecti.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:54 pm

If they are a little less stable and a little longer I am highly interested.

p.s. google chrome tries to translate disc to puck on their site and makes it hilarious.
Frank Delicious

Postby turso » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:31 pm

puckgolf, join the hip new trend of tossing pucks into baskets!

turso

Postby JR » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:17 pm

Puckgolf would be cheap. Fairly similarly flying standardized pucks so you need just one or another one for backup.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby vesakai » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:25 am

I may need to check that translation. Sounds funny...

anyway I try to get those finglish pages ready this week

and about the drivers. I need also less stable discs, but the Team players those mean asskickers, they wanna play hard and the respecti is theis anhyzerdisc :)
vesakai
prodiscus maximus

Favorite Disc: LEGENDa

Postby jubuttib » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:43 am

Okay, who changed the thread title? It's LEGENDa, not LEGENDi...
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: ProdiscusThread (Jokeri, Midari, Respecti, Legenda)

Postby turso » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:50 am

I was wondering why it looked so wrong :P

turso

Postby JR » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:10 am

My order arrived today with an extra mini that looks like it's shaped like Jokeri and is so hard that it rings when tapped. Thanks Kai. I cleared a javelin throwing runway partially for traction and threw about 240' with mine in winds that gusted up to 23 MPH according to Ilmatieteenlaitos (Finnish Meteorological Institute). Right rear wind mostly. I tried stand still throws against the wind and no problems! One low power sidearm approach too and that worked great and felt great in the hand. I definitely need to try more of those at higher power levels. So far so good with a way better grip than Rhynos and Pigs I've used so far. Although Jokeri doesn't have equally hard fade so it won't fall out of the air as fast or make an abrupt corner in the flight once the fade kicks in. It will glide farther to the side once the fade starts because the hyzer angle won't increase as fast and the Jokeri won't drop nearly as fast. So it drives farther and straighter with equal confidence which is amazing. Especially coupled to a great easily grippable shape for both BH and FH. The plastic is grippy for a premium plastic even in 35F. The flight plate does bend a little under the thumb even at this temperature but i don't think it will be too floppy for most players in most conditions. Maybe vice fingers in southern states summers in the US may have preference issues but it doesn't mean that it wouldn't be a drivable putter even then.

I think that once i'm able to add a run up to my throw with traction i'm able to generate enough power to get the primo Jokeri to fly straight for a considerable distance without fear of the disc flipping over even to quite bad winds. Great job guys!!!

I didn't take the mini out with me but it putts and drives well indoors for a few feet until it hit the blanket i was throwing at. I basically got out straight after receiving mine so i've only putted twice with mine indoors at short ranges and judging by that not accurate enough test it felt indistinguishable from the base plastic Jokeri flight wise. And i had no trouble with grip.

I'm looking forward to throwing Jokeris a long time. Last and this year a lot of great driving putters have passed through my hands and some have pushed the boundaries of what's been called a putter. Hey i'm injured for life in my throwing arm and I've thrown a Ringer (FR broken in) just past 300' in calm weather. Still i'd say that for general usage Jokeri in primo plastic is better. At 300' one can easily use a mid too for little to no fade. KC BB Aviar fades too hard for tight fairways and D, not the Jokeri. Magnet is tall but after recent developments in my grip that may be a thing of the past. Ions with the new type of manufacturing increasing gyroscopics can be tremendous if you can tackle the grip issues. I just did and wahoo, oh that's Innova :-) I used a Medium Ion today with bee's wax and still i had slipping issues at times under the thumb. The next test is with a soft Ion. I'd say that Ion plus Jokeri gives laser performance and almost as good performance with wind handling. And far. For utility and trick shots Rhynos and Pigs are great compliments on technical tight and short courses and for second shots. Wizard 150 floated almost as well as 174 medium Ion and also just got alleviated grip issues. Unless issues return once so fast rear winds subside.

It is a matter of approach to bag building and preference what to use but Jokeri is clearly a top tier disc in quality so it's up to you to decide what your preferences are and how you build your bag. Jokeri is a very good candidate. It putts and drives great. If you're serious about your game you need to check it out. To me it is the grip ease of a Buzzz combined with a new max weight good DX Roc flight in putter domain. If that doesn't give you a boner you're a girl.

If you think this is too enthusiastic try it out for yourself because i'm not affiliated to them or getting paid by them. Jokeri honestly flies very well among the best and for some preferences it will probably be the best disc available now. Less glide than an Ion with a little more fade and more speed. More forgiving for gripping and OAT and almost as long for a little over 400' thrower.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby J-Bolt » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:51 pm

I like what I hear, thanks for the writeup. Now if I only lived in Finland so I would have my order...
J-Bolt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Vacant

Postby JR » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:53 pm

PM vesakai he sells them.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment