TeeRex

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

teerex

Postby twmccoy » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:31 pm

It will be even more overstable than a wraith, with a harder fade at the end. Damn, I was hoping for a slightly more understable wraith.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Smyith » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:39 pm

Fritz wrote:
Smyith wrote:innova ratings
11, 5, 0, 4

sounds like another wraith, i dont care so much now :cry:

Not really, Wraith is 11 5 -1 3 T-rex is 11 5 0 4 That's quite a bit of difference.
If those are even real numbers.

yea your right. so then its absolutly nothing like a teebird. awesome innova way to use the name in a way to attract attention. i don't think i'm even gonna bother picking one up, i don't really like the wraith and from the looks of it i'm not gonna like the teerex either.

thanks fritz you saved me from being duped.....lol :lol:
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Fritz » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:56 pm

Smyith wrote:
Fritz wrote:
Smyith wrote:innova ratings
11, 5, 0, 4

sounds like another wraith, i dont care so much now :cry:

Not really, Wraith is 11 5 -1 3 T-rex is 11 5 0 4 That's quite a bit of difference.
If those are even real numbers.

yea your right. so then its absolutly nothing like a teebird. awesome innova way to use the name in a way to attract attention. i don't think i'm even gonna bother picking one up, i don't really like the wraith and from the looks of it i'm not gonna like the teerex either.

thanks fritz you saved me from being duped.....lol :lol:

:) I'll get a DX version. I lvoe the DX Wraith, but not the star/pro/cfr, so far the only Star plastic disc I'm impressed with is the Sidewinder, I freakin love that thing.
I'm pretty excited about eh firebird, can't wait to try it. The Valkyrie is nice also, but I'm still testing it to see if the DX is better or not.

The thing that confuses me, is why would the make a high speed Firebird 9 3 0 4 and make it sound like it's gonna be a Teebird?
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby garublador » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:01 am

It sounds to me like the TeeRex will only act like a long Teebird if you have enough of an arm to make the Wraith unpredictable. I would suspect that the TeeRex would be faster, glide more and fade later in the flight than a Firebird.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Fritz » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:18 am

garublador wrote:It sounds to me like the TeeRex will only act like a long Teebird if you have enough of an arm to make the Wraith unpredictable. I would suspect that the TeeRex would be faster, glide more and fade later in the flight than a Firebird.

The Teebird is 7 5 0 2. So this TeeRex will be faster on teh high speed, but Fade like a Firebird. Won't be anymore Glide then before. Just a confusing combo, for me anyway.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:02 am

I think that the people who carry it will love it for headwinds, probably take the firebirds place in many bags.

anyway I would be more interested to see how it will fly broken in dx more than new.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby garublador » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:02 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:I think that the people who carry it will love it for headwinds, probably take the firebirds place in many bags.

I'll second that prediction. I'm not sure I'd rely on a Wraith for a headwind, but it sounds like the TeeRex might be more reliable.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Smyith » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:20 am

i doubt it will be any good in headwind. the dome is prolly gonna be huge. the wraith is terrible in the wind.

i think with all these big-d drivers coming out they need to make a good headwind one.
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:42 am

idk, if it is shaped much like a wraith it will definately suck, but if it honestly has a flight like a teebird (i almost expect it to be more overstable though, like a champ teebird which is pretty good in a headwind), and the proposed ratings being 0 turn It may handle pretty well, but if it is just a wraith x, I doubt it.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:39 pm

Why would you want a more understable Wraith? Just beat up your pro or dx.

I like throwing my wraith into a hw. The wind turns it, the disc fights it and comes back landing in line with where I threw it from.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fritz » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:20 pm

I'm pretty attached to my Pro Firebird for Headwinds. That thing cuts the winds like it's not even there. Even with a right to left cross wind I put a lil Anhy on it and it s's our really nice. I'll still get a Tee-Rex just to try it cause I like to try new stuff.

Anyone see a post on the Stegosaurus? WTF is Innova gonna start going with the Dinosaur for their next disc names? It's suppose to be a putter similar to a Wizard???
Guess time will tell.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby presidio hills » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:42 pm

part of what makes the wizard great is gateway's plastics... the e wizards feel like CE stuff. i like the s plastic they make more than any DX plastic... way more. innova can try, though.
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Smyith » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:55 pm

Fritz wrote:Anyone see a post on the Stegosaurus? WTF is Innova gonna start going with the Dinosaur for their next disc names? It's suppose to be a putter similar to a Wizard???
Guess time will tell.

i think its a joke post. it was pretty ridiculous. spikes? lol
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby bigs348 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:28 pm

Yeah, if you read it carefully, someone just took the exact specifications from the previous post, cut and pasted it, and changed the name to Stegasaurus. The Approval # or whatever is a bunch of random crap like this: $#@&. I saw that someone did ask about it on the Ask Dave D Thread, so who knows what people are capable of.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Fritz » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:49 pm

ahhh, I totally didn't even notice the #@%$%@ as the approval number. LOL
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment