What happened to Salomons?

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: What happened to Salomons?

Postby bill » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:if the weather is too bad to wear my fivefingers im most likely rocking some Lowa hiking boots.......they are the shit

i had two different pairs of lowa tempest lo's and they were great shoes.
flow pd eagle leopard axis rattler ion
bill
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby BLURR » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:00 am

They are still thriving around here. I just had to make a warranty claim on my Mid GTX's and Salomon customer service was spot on. They will be replacing mine in the next few days. They are tops in my book right now. Merrell can stick it where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby peppermack » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:54 pm

You guys should look into Inov 8 shoes too. I have a pair that that I have put 500 trail running miles on, and maybe 100 or more rounds of disc golf in and they are still in pretty good shape. They make a really divers line of shoes that seem to last really well.
S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby J-Bolt » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:00 pm

peppermack wrote:You guys should look into Inov 8 shoes too. I have a pair that that I have put 500 trail running miles on, and maybe 100 or more rounds of disc golf in and they are still in pretty good shape.

What model do you have?
J-Bolt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Vacant

Postby peppermack » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:26 pm

I've got these. They are great for running in the snow and mud. And great for the course.

http://www.zappos.com/inov-8-mudclaw-272-red-black
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Postby peppermack » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:29 pm

In fact I have them on right now.

peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:21 pm

As someone who also owns a pair of Inov-8's I would also recommend them. They're probably not for everyone because of how thin the soles are but they fit well and feel like they're well made.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby BLURR » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:15 am

So, Salomon just got more points in my book. I submitted my warranty exchange on Friday around noon. FedEx just dropped off my replacement shoes at 7:30 this morning. Now that is how customer service should be done.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby chainbanger » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:15 am

how long did you have the shoes blurr and what was wrong with em? i have had mine for a year, the soles are separating and i dont have my receipt. so idk if i can do a claim or not
I need your new old stock JLS'S
chainbanger
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JLS

Postby BLURR » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:07 pm

I had them for about 2 years. The sole separated from the toe piece so they were no longer waterproof. I called in and told them I had my receipt and she started the warranty process. I had to send in my old ones. If you call in and they ask about a receipt...I would recommend saying you have one :wink: Make sure you know the exact model of your shoe too. It also helps if you look up an equivalent replacement before hand as well. It made my transaction really easy.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby peppermack » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:34 am

Jeronimo wrote:As someone who also owns a pair of Inov-8's I would also recommend them. They're probably not for everyone because of how thin the soles are but they fit well and feel like they're well made.

The thinness of the soles have not been an issue for me, and I am by no means a small guy (6'1", 210lbs). Even on long runs like 7-10 miles I have no had a problem with any joints hurting or foot pain. They seem to have just the right amount under there!
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:26 am

The thought occurs to me that if we start a wave of people buying Salomon's and returning them after they wear out, Salomon may quickly reverse that policy. Personally I wouldn't return them unless they had failed in something ridiculous like 3 months give or take. If they last me a full season, I wouldn't attempt a return.

I hate to be "that guy" but abuse of policies like this is generally what gets them taken away...
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby chainbanger » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:53 pm

well i got my pair less than a year ago and the soles split from the rest of the shoe. I dont have my receipt any longer but did order a new pair so i guess this time ill hang on the the receipt.
I need your new old stock JLS'S
chainbanger
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JLS

Postby BLURR » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Jeronimo wrote:The thought occurs to me that if we start a wave of people buying Salomon's and returning them after they wear out, Salomon may quickly reverse that policy. Personally I wouldn't return them unless they had failed in something ridiculous like 3 months give or take. If they last me a full season, I wouldn't attempt a return.

I hate to be "that guy" but abuse of policies like this is generally what gets them taken away...

I don't disagree with the principal of what you are saying. You can't expect to run the hell out of a pair of shoes for 2 years and get a full exchange. But there are extenuating circumstances that I think should be taken into consideration.

So here is my stance on this. If I spend $130 on a pair of shoes that get used about 4-8 times a month, through a 4 month period(December-March) over a two year period...I would expect them to not fall apart(usually worn for shoveling snow and the occasional winter dg round). I mean even on the high side you are looking at 64 times of being worn in a two year period. I mean, I have other shoes that get that much wear and tear in a month during the summer time and don't rip out. I think in this particular instance a warranty claim should be allowed.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:13 pm

BLURR wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:The thought occurs to me that if we start a wave of people buying Salomon's and returning them after they wear out, Salomon may quickly reverse that policy. Personally I wouldn't return them unless they had failed in something ridiculous like 3 months give or take. If they last me a full season, I wouldn't attempt a return.

I don't disagree with the principal of what you are saying. You can't expect to run the hell out of a pair of shoes for 2 years and get a full exchange. But there are extenuating circumstances that I think should be taken into consideration.

So here is my stance on this. If I spend $130 on a pair of shoes that get used about 4-8 times a month, through a 4 month period(December-March) over a two year period...I would expect them to not fall apart(usually worn for shoveling snow and the occasional winter dg round). I mean even on the high side you are looking at 64 times of being worn in a two year period. I mean, I have other shoes that get that much wear and tear in a month during the summer time and don't rip out. I think in this particular instance a warranty claim should be allowed.

Yes, in that case you are absolutely correct. If you spend $130 you should absolutely get $130 worth of performance out of them.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

PreviousNext

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear