Discraft Nuke

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:08 am

Big Jerm was saying they are flippy but not uncontrollably so. Bombers on open holes.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby JHern » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:49 am

Frank Delicious wrote:Big Jerm was saying they are flippy but not uncontrollably so. Bombers on open holes.

Sounds maybe like the Pro Destroyer...? I'd be interested in hearing about it when anybody here throws an X-Nuke. I also wonder about its longevity given the relative sharpness of its rim.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby JR » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:21 am

JHern wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:Big Jerm was saying they are flippy but not uncontrollably so. Bombers on open holes.

Sounds maybe like the Pro Destroyer...? I'd be interested in hearing about it when anybody here throws an X-Nuke. I also wonder about its longevity given the relative sharpness of its rim.

And the softness of some X. Is this a hard blend? My flattish dark pink Z Nuke 169 flips a little and my blue FR ESP 169 with a huge dome won't flip at all. Even when broken in my 168 Pro Destros flip less than my new Z Nuke. Destro is consistently shorter for me than both Nukes. Z Nuke is controllable so it flies as straight or straighter on low lines than the Destroyer but the Destroyer has a wider margin of error for hyzer angles on low lines. At full power a low drive with the Z Nuke risks turning over and landing short and right.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby AbelRod » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:51 pm

NUKE, Pred, XL, Comet, Buzzz, Challenger
AbelRod
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: comet

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:28 pm

So now that the wind is calming down here in NC. I was practicing with with my two Z nukes and am really liking them. They are really great calm wind distance drivers.
Frank Delicious

Postby JR » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:07 am

Whoo boy is my X Nuke 167 a thin flight plated mushy disc under the thumb if i move the thumb away from on top of the wing. I fear for the durability of the flight plate. Of course a disc this shape and speed in X needs babying and not smacking objects within 300' maybe more. But a thrown at any distance has a great chance of puncturing the flight plate. I just a load of new discs i need to try and i'm stuck at work totally broken in body. Ouch. So it will take some time before i can throw any of these. Of the torment, temptation and agony. :cry:
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Ryan C » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Having messed around with about 20 different distance drivers in the last couple of months, I can say with confidence that Z Nukes are still the longest disc out there for me. Also one of the most controllable.

If I was going to choose a disc that is a little bit more controllable, but still quite long, I'd go with Destroyers.

If anybody has a purple Z Nuke from right when they first came out, I would probably buy it from you. I only got 3 at the time, but I haven't thrown any Z's since then that are as stable. Luckily, it was nice Z plastic, so my first one hasn't even begun to really wear out.
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Dump truck » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 pm

Ryan C wrote:If anybody has a purple Z Nuke from right when they first came out, I would probably buy it from you. I only got 3 at the time, but I haven't thrown any Z's since then that are as stable. Luckily, it was nice Z plastic, so my first one hasn't even begun to really wear out.

I picked some up recently that are pinkish red that have a higher plh than the others I've seen. I haven't thrown the 1st run purples to I can't reference to them but the reddish pink are pretty stable. You might check em out...
omega/rhyno/comet/torque/hornet/valk/pd/nuke/destroyer
Dump truck
Tree Magnet

Postby Ryan C » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Dump truck wrote:
Ryan C wrote:If anybody has a purple Z Nuke from right when they first came out, I would probably buy it from you. I only got 3 at the time, but I haven't thrown any Z's since then that are as stable. Luckily, it was nice Z plastic, so my first one hasn't even begun to really wear out.

I picked some up recently that are pinkish red that have a higher plh than the others I've seen. I haven't thrown the 1st run purples to I can't reference to them but the reddish pink are pretty stable. You might check em out...

Thanks, that's a useful tip.
Anode--Fuse--Buzzz--Vector--TD--Teebird--Hurricane--Predator
Ryan C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby rusch_bag » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:38 pm

I have a handful of z nukes and they all fly different. Kind of frustrating. I have come to realize that the destroyer is the best of the max d discs for me.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby jnecessary » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:46 pm

rusch_bag wrote:I have a handful of z nukes and they all fly different. Kind of frustrating. I have come to realize that the destroyer is the best of the max d discs for me.

I agree that each Nuke can be different. As long as they are not super flat I like them though. They are the easiest/most controllable max D for me. I would still trust any Destroyer more for accuracy, but for all out distance I haven't found anything better.
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby niuvalleycane » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Looking for info on the standard Z runs vs the Glo runs specifically for glide and durability.

Thanks in advance
niuvalleycane
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Trey133 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:39 pm

I'd stay away from glo and mess with the regular Z runs. You'll find that the glo's are all over the spectrum. Most of the ones I've corralled are super flips.
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby rehder » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:11 am

Ive only thrown one z and one glow, but my findings from that very limited sample are the same.

I still think that the Nuke is one of the best distance discs out there. It flies far, with relatively little effort compared to its contemporaries.
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:59 pm

Anyone else notice that the purple Zs are crazy stable?
Frank Delicious

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment