pure(ly) awesome

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: pure(ly) awesome

Postby rehder » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:00 am

Gripline plastic is really grippy in dry conditions, unfortunately it is some of the worst when it is wet.

And regarding stability of the pure, it is not as stable as a Wizard/KC/VP, so I wouldnt trust it as much into a headwind

I was actually surpised when it first came out, because I found it to be quite similar to the Spike, and I thought that they would have something that differed from the putter-lineup they had at that time.
Z-Pred, Z-Force, Destroyer, (M,S,Q)OLF, Roc, Wizard&VP
rehder
1000 Rated Poster

Postby eky8 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:39 am

Love my pures..... most of the time. When I first switched over I was nailing everything. Lately everything is just off a tad. I know it feels different when I throw it right. Just haven't figured out what I'm doing when I do it right vs. do it wrong. My one complaint is I tend to blow by the basket a ways when I miss. And if I'm off that day I tend to get too many bogies from missed comebacks. I am putting with the grip line pures, and really haven't had problems with the grip. even when wet. But I do dry my disc before every throw. Originally I used the zero pures. So if I can figure out what I am doing different I may go back to them. I do love the grip line pures for upshots too.
eky8
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The last one I dyed

Postby Jeronimo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:01 pm

I still love them.

Though this premium plastic Prodiscus Joker is going to start invading the Pure's slot in my bag simply because I can't get an Opto one.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby RustyP » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:37 pm

I've had a grip pure in the bag for about 3 months now. I originally bought it because I lost my last really old, worn wizard and needed a quick replacement for turnover putter drives / approaches. I fell in love with the low profile grip and the great glide on drives right away, but never really cared for it as a putter. I do like it for the occasional long putt where I have limited room for arm movement or a very low ceiling - my medium wizards drop too quickly for those shots. I throw a zero pure in the bag from time to time too, but I find the grip pure paired with a medium wiz keeps me covered pretty well. I think that if/when my premium jokeri wears in and loses a little high-speed stability, it'll be perfect paired with a pure.

And although I understand the outlook is bleak, I'm still hoping for an opto or gl pure.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby JimW » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:50 pm

I've been throwing Pures for well over a year now though I've long since returned to the Wizard for putting. Zero Pures are still my go-to for all approach duties and off the tee.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Postby josser » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:27 pm

Pures feel perfect in the hand with my putting grip
Rattler - Pure - Jokeri || Fuse - Roc || Gazelle - xXx || PD - Pred || Wraith

Often found in the bag as well: ZXS (thumbers), S-TD, QOLF instead of S-PD, Flow (still trying it out)

My trades
josser
Fairway Surgeon

Postby TechnoHic » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Meh. I liked the Zero Pure for a driving putter and approach duties but I didnt care for it for putting.
TechnoHic
Noob

Postby Sean40474 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:21 pm

booter wrote:I am ,I've been using the zero line pures for about a month and a half or so.I decided to try them and fell in love with the shallow feel and beadless grip.reminds me of my old san marino beadless aviars I used for several years.anywho,I putted with them for the first few weeks and was really hoping it just wasn't a new putter deal and wasn't just working because it was new.they completely kicked out the magic and wizards I was rockin.I had to adjust my putting routine for them but it was wel worth it.I've been able to nail more jump putts with this putter over any other one I've tried. They're PURE $$ and the grip is awesome. I was a little worried about how fast they dinged up like gateways stuff but after seeing pics pics of jeronimo's year old pure,I'm pleased to see it wasn't all clovered and beat to rap. I'm beyond sold.

ps.I am undecided that I will drop the wiz for overstable duties or driving but atm I'm throwing a se rhyno for that spot. However the magics are replaced completely by the pure

I got two of these based on a thread on DGR.us that a buddy Rescue sent me. I was trying to find a Champ XD and Frank talked me out of those stating they weren't the same disc. I wanted something in a more premium plastic that flew like the XD does in DX. I wanted a stable to slightly understable putter for throwing and fell in love with the Pure. I use a DX AD for my stable driving mold (thinking of changing this, don't know yet).

I currently putt with 168 S Magics and love them very much, don't see this one changing. My buddy inthedrift really wants to get some to putt with and he putts with Magics. The grip on the zero line is awesome, but I'm not sure if i'd leave my Magics for them. I'll have to get a couple of Pures in a light weight and try putting with them.

Sidenote - how does the grip compare to the zero?
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Postby Floodj32 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:08 am

Someone needs to take Lat 64 Hostage and force them to produce a run of Opto Pure's. I will buy the whole batch, even if they are more stable than their Grip and Zero cousins.
Striker|River|Halo|Pain|Flow|Pure|XXX|Blitz|Whippet
Floodj32
Noob

Favorite Disc: Striker

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:57 am

Floodj32 wrote:Someone needs to take Lat 64 Hostage and force them to produce a run of Opto Pure's. I will buy the whole batch, even if they are more stable than their Grip and Zero cousins.

I get the impression they're trying, really trying, but there's definitely a manufacturing stumbling block in the way.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby Floodj32 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:54 am

I have seen the posts on the lat 64 thread by the owner that says they are. I would of voted for a new mold that has pure flight characteristics and supports premium plastic over the havoc project. They don't produce any putter in premium, not one. I hope they figure it out, so I can finally carry only latitude. As of now I have to carry another putter just in case my grip line pures get wet.
Floodj32
Noob

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:58 am

Floodj32 wrote:I have seen the posts on the lat 64 thread by the owner that says they are. I would of voted for a new mold that has pure flight characteristics and supports premium plastic over the havoc project. They don't produce any putter in premium, not one. I hope they figure it out, so I can finally carry only latitude. As of now I have to carry another putter just in case my grip line pures get wet.

I've had this very conversation with the Svante through PM's. They know there's a shortcoming, they're working on it.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby Floodj32 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:04 am

Jeronimo wrote:
Floodj32 wrote:I have seen the posts on the lat 64 thread by the owner that says they are. I would of voted for a new mold that has pure flight characteristics and supports premium plastic over the havoc project. They don't produce any putter in premium, not one. I hope they figure it out, so I can finally carry only latitude. As of now I have to carry another putter just in case my grip line pures get wet.

I've had this very conversation with the Svante through PM's. They know there's a shortcoming, they're working on it.

That is great news. I will host a parade they day they figure this out.
Floodj32
Noob

Postby RustyP » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:15 pm

Seems like everyone on here who throws the pure is anxious to see an opto or gl version, but the expectations are different. Some want the same flight characteristics in a more durable / grippy / stiff plastic. Personally, I'm hoping the premium plastic will add a bit more stability, especially low speed fade, but a little more hss would be great too. Either way, there's a slot in my bag for it. This disc just feels so damn comfortable in my hand...I want to throw it on every shot and then hold it while I sleep at night :)
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:41 pm

RustyP wrote:Seems like everyone on here who throws the pure is anxious to see an opto or gl version, but the expectations are different. Some want the same flight characteristics in a more durable / grippy / stiff plastic. Personally, I'm hoping the premium plastic will add a bit more stability, especially low speed fade, but a little more hss would be great too. Either way, there's a slot in my bag for it. This disc just feels so damn comfortable in my hand...I want to throw it on every shot and then hold it while I sleep at night :)

Ideally, I would hope for an Opto Pure that would fly slightly more stable but over tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime break into a flight path similar to how the Grip's fly. That way I could carry a newer one and a BEAT one.

I suppose the same could be accomplished with a more stable Opto Pure that stays that way and complimenting it with a Grip Line, but where's the fun in that... :lol:
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment