Audi B5 S4 Stage III

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Audi B5 S4 Stage III

Postby lefty-hyzer » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:05 pm

lol @ Roy, you have good taste sir!

why you running that big of a rotor in the rear? just for looks? i wouldn't spend too much cash on that, it won't ever matter, and adds weight, the enemy. looks like they are drilled, don't go slotted+drilled, if you actually heat them up consistently they will fail...and that's a horrible thing to have go down. solid+vented is the best way to go...function>form sir!
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: got a few

Postby overdubbed » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:43 am

I did the math wrong.. They are 11.8" in the rear. the rears were upgraded to the same percentage of size as the fronts to not mess with the bias.. They are just drilled.
overdubbed
Noob

Favorite Disc: core

Postby AciDBatH666 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:55 am

I'm still debating on doing the full APR RSC exhaust to mine. I like not being loud tho, that's my major reason for debating it.
That and I'm not really looking at a huge gain from it and bumping it up to stage 2. The only thing you NEED to go to stage 2 with the MKVs is an aftermarket less restrictive downpipe.
I'm thinking I could maybe just change the pipe and leave the rest of the cat back the way it is... And the downpipe will add a little bit of deep tone to it but not make it as loud as a full out exhaust. Even tho I do like the rasp of the full RSC exhaust. APR has some videos comparing the two and I kinda dig it.

But I HATE that rat sound from shitty Hondas and stuff.
Then again I could just save my money and buy a cruiser bike like I was planning on. I'm kind of content with my car. It's a quick 14 flat machine, gets good mileage, I can haul my bass gear in it. I don't wanna drop tons of money in it.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby overdubbed » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:03 am

I would suggest doing the downpipe or at least changing the big suitcase muffler for a higher flowing one.. And you wont sound like a honda.. Vw motors are more throaty.. I have a full 3" exhaust in my car and I like the sound.. It almost sounds like a vr.
overdubbed
Noob

Favorite Disc: core

Postby lefty-hyzer » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:20 pm

overdubbed wrote:I would suggest doing the downpipe or at least changing the big suitcase muffler for a higher flowing one.. And you wont sound like a honda.. Vw motors are more throaty.. I have a full 3" exhaust in my car and I like the sound.. It almost sounds like a vr.

2.5" d/p and catback sounds really good, not ricey at all, plus it will give you a performance boost as well as better mpgs. APR is way overpriced, shop around, techtonics makes a good little setup at a fair price.
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: got a few

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.