BFBC2 Players?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

BFBC2 Players?

Postby lefty-hyzer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:05 pm

Any Battlefield Bad Company 2 players on the board?
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: got a few

Re: BFBC2 Players?

Postby jnecessary » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:48 pm

My favorite game right now. On Xbox, GT: jimlolol

I play with Redditors, basically a psuedo clan called Team Awesome that is 495 members strong. More or less I fill my friends list with these guys and can always get online and play with decent to very good players. BFBC2 is meant to be played in groups or 3+ without a doubt. I rarely ever play alone.

Add me and/or check out the TA Reddit if you are looking for people to play with.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Team_Awesome
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby lefty-hyzer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:51 pm

i guess i should have clarified on ps3...

agreed it's a great game though, takes a poop on black ops IMO, multiplayer wise. i love it, k/d - 1.8 and rising, level 46 but i've only been playing a couple months. 2000+ dogtags already as well!

do you encounter lag/rubberbanding on xbox? it's not as bad as black ops, but sometimes it seems like the servers are overloaded and the game gets pretty glitchy...
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Postby jnecessary » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:37 am

lefty-hyzer wrote:i guess i should have clarified on ps3...

agreed it's a great game though, takes a poop on black ops IMO, multiplayer wise. i love it, k/d - 1.8 and rising, level 46 but i've only been playing a couple months. 2000+ dogtags already as well!

do you encounter lag/rubberbanding on xbox? it's not as bad as black ops, but sometimes it seems like the servers are overloaded and the game gets pretty glitchy...

I haven't been playing long, but one night the servers went all to hell and everything was jacked up. Even changed games a few times and nothing fixed it, so I quit. Never happened again.

Dunno how you get a K/D that high unless you are either a bush wookie or a chopper whore :) Either is fine, I just don't have as much fun unless I'm in the action.
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Postby lefty-hyzer » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:25 am

nope, i never run recon, i hate it, i'm not patient enough. i'm always in the action! i'm an anti-tank mine whore, i'll run explosive upgrade when i first spawn and set out 3 sets of 2 in my special spots, then switch to assualt and throw out packs, then to medic, etc...and all i do is no scope headshots. if you run across me on BFBC2 you will most likely die, lol. i do like tanks and choppers, but only on atacama, port valdez, and heavy metal. some of the guys in my clan keep k/d of 4.0 and higher doing the same thing...but they are top 500 in the world players.

best advice i can give - learn how to kill people without scoping. aka hip firing, if you can perfect that, it makes you soooooo much faster than everyone else, it's pretty much unfair. i'm sure you know this already but, just in case, never stop, if you can shoot on the run, and even jumping, you can't be touched. don't get me wrong, there's a time and a place for camping, but you never want to camp long, IMO. if a camper kills me more than once, i get their tags everytime.
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Postby jnecessary » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:14 am

lefty-hyzer wrote:nope, i never run recon, i hate it, i'm not patient enough. i'm always in the action! i'm an anti-tank mine whore, i'll run explosive upgrade when i first spawn and set out 3 sets of 2 in my special spots, then switch to assualt and throw out packs, then to medic, etc...and all i do is no scope headshots. if you run across me on BFBC2 you will most likely die, lol. i do like tanks and choppers, but only on atacama, port valdez, and heavy metal. some of the guys in my clan keep k/d of 4.0 and higher doing the same thing...but they are top 500 in the world players.

best advice i can give - learn how to kill people without scoping. aka hip firing, if you can perfect that, it makes you soooooo much faster than everyone else, it's pretty much unfair. i'm sure you know this already but, just in case, never stop, if you can shoot on the run, and even jumping, you can't be touched. don't get me wrong, there's a time and a place for camping, but you never want to camp long, IMO. if a camper kills me more than once, i get their tags everytime.

I haven't dissected the Battlefield series like I have the COD series so I don't know many tips/pro tips at all. Is the first shot from hip-fire accurate to the center of your screen in BC2? That seems like the only way you could consistently no-scope headshot people.

How about some pro-tips!?
--My PDGA--My Trade List
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Postby uNicedmeMan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:59 am

xbl gt = unicedmeman

I haven't been playing online as much because none of my buddies play and as jnecessary said, it's best to play with others. This intrigues me:

jnecessary wrote:My favorite game right now. On Xbox, GT: jimlolol

I play with Redditors, basically a psuedo clan called Team Awesome that is 495 members strong. More or less I fill my friends list with these guys and can always get online and play with decent to very good players. BFBC2 is meant to be played in groups or 3+ without a doubt. I rarely ever play alone.

Add me and/or check out the TA Reddit if you are looking for people to play with.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Team_Awesome

Can I get in on that?
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby lefty-hyzer » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:06 pm

jnecessary wrote:
lefty-hyzer wrote:nope, i never run recon, i hate it, i'm not patient enough. i'm always in the action! i'm an anti-tank mine whore, i'll run explosive upgrade when i first spawn and set out 3 sets of 2 in my special spots, then switch to assualt and throw out packs, then to medic, etc...and all i do is no scope headshots. if you run across me on BFBC2 you will most likely die, lol. i do like tanks and choppers, but only on atacama, port valdez, and heavy metal. some of the guys in my clan keep k/d of 4.0 and higher doing the same thing...but they are top 500 in the world players.

I haven't dissected the Battlefield series like I have the COD series so I don't know many tips/pro tips at all. Is the first shot from hip-fire accurate to the center of your screen in BC2? That seems like the only way you could consistently no-scope headshot people.

How about some pro-tips!?

i try and always keep my gun aimed center screen so it's easy to transition in any direction. i typically shoot in the chest with the hip fire letting the bullets rise to the head, giving me headshots a large percentage of the time. teamwork is huge, and the key to victory in this game. another good tip is to be patient. don't just kill a guy as soon as you see him and run right over like a hero. typically he's got 1 or 2 buddies lingering around just waiting to be merc'd and help you on your way to multiple exemplary combat pins. which game mode do you play the most? most of the tips i can offer are kind of proprietary to conquest, rush, deathmatch, etc...

i know this sounds extreme, and a bit overboard...but i use my talk from my DG bag on my analog stick to make sure it does what i tell it to! also, i run my sensitivity up to about 90%, it may take a little getting use to, but it makes your reaction time drop considerably.

most of all, always be spotting. make it second nature to tap select while scanning the field, even while shooting...
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Postby jnecessary » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:01 am

@uNicedmeMan: For sure, just make a Reddit account (takes 5 seconds) and add the TA Gen 3 metatag so that you can browse that list and find people playing, then just join any party you find and make your clan tag something like...RDT, DRP, HRP, TA...something that lets people know that you are not a pub. Add me (jimlolol) and join my games :)

@lefty-hyzer

Lets go with Rush pro tips :)

I have been playing mostly engineer/medic/assault in that order. Have not spent much time with recon yet.
--My PDGA--My Trade List
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Postby uNicedmeMan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:34 am

Thanks jnecessary. The GF is not home tonight so I'll probably be busting that up.

O and x2 on the rush tips.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby lefty-hyzer » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:26 pm

first and foremost this game is like a chess match, you have to plan ahead.

alright, if you are attacking - (this works better with a full squad) get one person to run recon and sneak close to the objectives, but not too close, and camp, giving other squad members a solid spawn point. always find cover. if you have to go the long way to make it close, do it. never just run right in like rambo and set the objective, observe your surroundings and kill as many enemies as possible before setting. while setting, don't stay still, do circles around the objective. always helps to run assualt or engineer and add some C4, or RPG the objective quickly after the set. once you've set the charge, and done some damage to it, get away, go find a good spot to merc the enemies coming to disarm the charge. if you have a team that is really kicking your ass, and won't let you get close - you and a squad member spawn off in your base, each get a vehicle, load it up with some C4 (at least 3) and run them straight at the objectives simultaneously, hop off letting the vehicle continue towards the objective and trigger the C4, boom, bye bye noobs. also works great with the UAV, since friendly C4 will not blow it up. you'll need a buddy to stick with you and coordinate for this since you obviously can't blow the C4 while flying the UAV, and both of you run assualt when doing this so you can resupply yourselves. then just keep bringing the UAV back and loading up more C4. also, setting both charges at the same time is the best way to make sure at least 1 gets blown.

as for defending, set up more than 1 line of defense. tank mines/C4/etc. then you and a buddy go camp near 1 objective, and have the other 2 squad members do the same at the other. WATCH EACHOTHER'S BACKS. by that i mean, each find an opposite corner where you can see people coming at him, and he can see people coming at you. then, proceed to waste everyone!

as far as general tips - of course, always reload, always spot, always communicate with your squad members. there are also tons of videos on youtube/etc. out there with tips/tricks, some suck, some are whorth while, just takes watching them and deciding if it seems like a good plan of attack or nah. if you have any specifics feel free to ask, i'll give any input i can.
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Postby Wabbajack » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:10 am

^takes this shit seriously
Wabbajack
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pro Katana

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.