MD2

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: MD2

Postby jubuttib » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:38 am

My experience has been that the MD1 is consistently more stable. It is also the single most OAT sensitive disc I've ever thrown in D and S-Lines. If you get a clean release it won't turn in a head wind (I've used it in 20 mph wind, don't know how much faster the gusts were but they were definitely very noticeable), the fade will just get straighter. If however you have even the slightest wobble it'll turn and burn quite quickly. The SG-Line doesn't seem to suffer from this behavior, just as stable as the S-Line on a good throw without being sensitive to OAT.

The MD2 isn't as good in wind, but it doesn't fall apart either.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Spike » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:42 am

I have made ONE throw with ONE Discmania disc ever (P1), so you see, I'm new to the brand to say the least. It feels a bit awkward to make a post here because I feel that I should have tried at least a couple of their discs by now :oops: However, I have a pretty basic question before I may consider exploring the world of Discmania: Are those beautiful superb clean-styled prints a la Finnish minimalism going to be replaced alltogether by monster prints? Because I can't have that :)
Spike
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: very old Birdies

Postby jubuttib » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:14 am

Looking at the C-PD picture released, not at least in the C-Line, and I HIGHLY doubt that they'll add graphics tp the Jesse Heinonen Signature PD and P1, so at least those should be safe. I also have a hunch that the MD1 and P2 will be available without graphics. Every other disc has had monster graphics only for a long time now, right after the first runs of CD and DD.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Spike » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:03 am

kiitos! It was mostly the MD1 that I had in mind at the moment, so maybe I'll try it.
Spike
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: very old Birdies

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:19 pm

some of the monster stamps are ok but the retarded and Michael Jackson zombies on the CD and DD2 respectively are unforgivably bad
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby jubuttib » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:21 pm

The only one I strongly oppose is the Rush-monkey.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:24 pm

yeah that one blows ass too
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby JR » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:14 am

Joz wrote:For those that know, which one is more stable - the MD1 or MD2 ? How susceptible is the MD2 to flip in a headwind?

Like jubuttib wrote for the reasons i suggest an SG MD1. Although i've had better luck with my S and D MD1s than him.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:52 am

JR wrote:Like jubuttib wrote for the reasons i suggest an SG MD1...
... for headwind situations. The rest of the time the MD2 rules over all. =)
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby JR » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:38 am

Only if you grip it so that it releases cleanly. I didn't change my grip to a cleaner releasing less power transferring one until i sent mine to you. So for added safety if your grip ain't so good or wind safety overall from any direction SG MD1 is my pick. There are other straight fliers that are long out there that are better for wind tolerance than MD2.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby discspeed » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:50 pm

We just got the CMD2 in, so I decided to give it a shot. I was not impressed by the SMD2...It just flew like a heavy Z Buzzz without much glide. To my surprise, the CMD2 is pretty awesome. I played a round with Climo yesterday, and he really loves his MD2. I'd say he threw it for 40% of his tee shots. We talked about it a lot...I was throwing a new green one, 177. Mine was WAY overstable compared to his USDGC CMD2. The biggest difference was that mine had a big poppy dome and his was flat. He really likes how it can hold a slight hyzer angle while flying straight the whole flight, and also how it will hold any line without flipping. He's surprised that more people aren't throwing them. I told him it was because he's got everyone brainwashed on the greatness of the Roc, to which he defensively replied that he still throws his Rocs :lol: . Finally he mentioned that "the other guys(discraft) have had this disc for years, and now I've got one too". I assume he was talking about the Buzzz.

I went back to CDGS and grabbed a couple of much flatter yellow production CMD2s to try out as I really liked how Kenny's flew, and I liked the speed and glide of the one I was throwing. I just can't believe how overstable it was. This disc has got me really interested. I can't believe how HSS it is for the modest amount of LSS it has. It may give my Buzzz a run...
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby jubuttib » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Hehehe... Heeehehhee... MuahaahahaHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

EDIT: If you can find any of the flat and gummy pink ones, give them a go.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby discspeed » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:03 pm

jubuttib wrote:Hehehe... Heeehehhee... MuahaahahaHAHAAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

EDIT: If you can find any of the flat and gummy pink ones, give them a go.

We have flat and gummy yellow/orange/merlot, but no pink. In fact, those are the only colors we got of all the new discmania stuff, with a couple of exceptions.
discspeed

Postby uNicedmeMan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:29 am

discspeed wrote:He's surprised that more people aren't throwing them. I told him it was because he's got everyone brainwashed on the greatness of the Roc, to which he defensively replied that he still throws his Rocs :lol: . Finally he mentioned that "the other guys(discraft) have had this disc for years, and now I've got one too". I assume he was talking about the Buzzz.

Interesting... Did he mention which shots he keeps the rocs around for?
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby discspeed » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:00 am

uNicedmeMan wrote:
discspeed wrote:He's surprised that more people aren't throwing them. I told him it was because he's got everyone brainwashed on the greatness of the Roc, to which he defensively replied that he still throws his Rocs :lol: . Finally he mentioned that "the other guys(discraft) have had this disc for years, and now I've got one too". I assume he was talking about the Buzzz.

Interesting... Did he mention which shots he keeps the rocs around for?

Touch shorter shots, rollers, turnovers, and overstable shots. He only used it once when I was playing with him though.
discspeed

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment