my toss

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

my toss

Postby lefty-hyzer » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:05 pm

this is #13 at Zebulon (about 320'), @ about 70% power, sorry for the shi**y camera phone vid, you probably can't tell but the shot goes directly over the basket, lands about 30' past, banged the birdie.

http://s98.photobucket.com/albums/l251/dukesdank/?action=view&current=Video0010.mp4

tips?
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: got a few

Re: my toss

Postby keltik » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:23 pm

man I miss the big Z.

what are you throwing?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby lefty-hyzer » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:15 pm

175g star wraith

yeah, it's a great course. i haven't played it in a while myself. had my best round ever out there that day though at -8 (playing as a par 56).
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Postby keltik » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:38 pm

350 uphill with a max weight star wraith. I'm guessing you can hit 400 on flat ground with that disc. that's a good throw. better than most people will ever see but it all depends on what you want out of this. can you consistently hit that shot in the video?

you got some work to do if you want to truly hit it. better quality video will help with analysis.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby lefty-hyzer » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:49 pm

i can consistantly hit that shot up to 75% power, if i go full power i can get it out around 450' (flat surface, no wind) but i lose accuracy when doing so. i can't flick for shit, so i've learned how to anny or hyzer flip most everything i throw. my arm speed is super fast (boxed since i was a kid), so i don't use as big of a x step as some, and i hold the disc with my right hand to keep it stable up until the very last second. i do realize that is robbing me of some distance, but i usually don't have the problem of coming up short anyway.

furthest throw i've measured was out at Cedarock on #8 from the longs, hit 540' with some funky crosswind using a 172g champ katana.

i'll try and take a vid with a proper camera from some different angles and repost so it's easier to see. oh, and for what i want out of this...i want to hit 600'+!
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:23 am

I think it's my paranoid firewall that prevents me from seeing vids on Photobucket :-(
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby keltik » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:15 am

since you have the athletic background and you already have the big golf distance, what you need to work on for GIANT throws are the big distance lines. and yes you will lose accuracy as you increase distance.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby lefty-hyzer » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:17 am

JR wrote:I think it's my paranoid firewall that prevents me from seeing vids on Photobucket :-(

could you see it if it's embeded? could someone embed it...i tried but it wasn't working for me.

keltik wrote:since you have the athletic background and you already have the big golf distance, what you need to work on for GIANT throws are the big distance lines. and yes you will lose accuracy as you increase distance.

yeah, that's what i've been working on, getting the correct azimuth/nose angle for big annys...still maxing out around 500' with them though (at around 90%, i typically don't try and throw my arm out), maxing around 450' on my big d hyzer shots.

side note - did we play Leigh Farms together with TG, Dan, and a couple others about a year or so back?
lefty-hyzer
Tree Magnet

Postby keltik » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:16 pm

nope I've only played with TG Dan Jr. et al in the Raleigh Courses. I don't think we've ever played together. I've only played Leigh Farms once and that was with Kulp and some other guys.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Return to Video Critique