TeeRex

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:18 pm

TexasOutlaw wrote:Why would you want a more understable Wraith? Just beat up your pro or dx.

I like throwing my wraith into a hw. The wind turns it, the disc fights it and comes back landing in line with where I threw it from.

Who wanted a less stable wraith?

The wraith is just right for pure distance. And the pro ones are great for hyzerflips... still havent tried dx
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Weebl » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:41 pm

TexasOutlaw wrote:Why would you want a more understable Wraith? Just beat up your pro or dx.

I like throwing my wraith into a hw. The wind turns it, the disc fights it and comes back landing in line with where I threw it from.

No matter how much hyzer I put on my wraith, it will turn over and roll with a 15mph HW. Too Domey, my champion teebird is perfect for HW shots though, if it's super nasty (35+mph) I'll use my Firebird.

From the sounds of the Tee-Rex, I won't be buying one.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 pm

the wraith has nothing to keep it stable over its cruise speed, teebirds do. So if you get a wraith over its cruse speed (or simulated speed with headwinds) it will turn without mercy. I threw my cfr wraith in a particular round into a LR Headwind when I needed a long gradual right turn that faded into the wind. The wraith has a bit of fade, and the wind was only about 10 mph (just enough to make a flag stand) I threw with a touch of hyzer 85% power and the disc flipped up began its turn and looked fine, but it continued to turn anny more and more until I found myself literarly 150 feet too far to the right and the disc carried about 75 feet past the pin. Horible throw, took a while to find the disc because it carried even further offline than it looked.

Long story short without some kind of rim stabalizer will be effected by the wind especially if the wind gives it that extra simulated speed. The avenger fifteen feet short round two for an easy bird. Without the wind the wraith would do fine, but the avenger is more controlable. I am going to keep a wraith around until I get some X avengers broken in to fly as longin the open.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby presidio hills » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:52 pm

do avengers have some sort of rim stabalizer? i had an x one that flipped much more than some champ teebirds and a dx eagle i had out that same session in a windy field. i always thought the avenger was similar shape to a starfire L... which are squirrelly in the wind.
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Postby LastBoyScout » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:05 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:the wraith has nothing to keep it stable over its cruise speed, teebirds do. So if you get a wraith over its cruse speed (or simulated speed with headwinds) it will turn without mercy. I threw my cfr wraith in a particular round into a LR Headwind when I needed a long gradual right turn that faded into the wind. The wraith has a bit of fade, and the wind was only about 10 mph (just enough to make a flag stand) I threw with a touch of hyzer 85% power and the disc flipped up began its turn and looked fine, but it continued to turn anny more and more until I found myself literarly 150 feet too far to the right and the disc carried about 75 feet past the pin. Horible throw, took a while to find the disc because it carried even further offline than it looked.

This is why i have CFR and Star Wraiths. My CFR are great for woods and low to no wind situations, and the Stars you use for open courses and windy days. I do like the sound of the TeeRex being a longer stronger Firebird.
LastBoyScout

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:29 pm

presidio hills wrote:do avengers have some sort of rim stabalizer? i had an x one that flipped much more than some champ teebirds and a dx eagle i had out that same session in a windy field. i always thought the avenger was similar shape to a starfire L... which are squirrelly in the wind.

did it flip worse than a pro or dx tee bird though ;-)
Of course the x plastic ones wont hold in a headwind like a z, they break in, and the z starts off more overstable. But I do believe the avenger does have a rim stabalizer.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Previous

Return to Equipment