Winter discing

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Winter discing

Postby turso » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:33 pm

Me, Varsi and jubuttib out discing a couple weeks ago.

Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Re: Winter discing

Postby JR » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:09 am

It must have been late in the summer because there is only so little snow left on the ground :-D Don't film and show the asses of guys eww i don't wanna see that what's wrong with you ? :-)
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:44 am

The man's proud of his ass, and for a good reason!
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby lemberger » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:04 am

Ideal conditions! Finnish summer is so beautiful :D
Banshee, Wraith, FR Destroyer, QOLS, BuZzZ, JK Aviar-x, Rhyno
lemberger
Noob

Favorite Disc: Banshee

Postby fanter » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:27 pm

How long does a round take when you have to tromp through knee-high snow?
fanter
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby JR » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:41 am

Yes.

Very.

The first round for the group i was in at Meilahden Millenniumi this year took two and a half hours IIRC. Of course i was on the farthest away tee for both rounds so i had to walk extra quite a lot. The second round was fifteen minutes faster because we were losing light so i decided to risk my discs and told the others not to spot on a couple of occasions. I was the only player in my group not using any strings on the discs.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Varsi » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:23 pm

After checking the timestamps from videos I'd say it took about 2 hours. That's just 10 holes tho. No sane person goes discing at our course during winter...
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby jubuttib » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:19 pm

Only two of the 8 holes we skipped would've been doable in this weather, the others would've included insane amounts of snow crawling. And even the two would've required some heavy duty wading to get to. =P
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby inthedrift » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:50 am

Things are quite similar in my neck of the woods. If we tried to play the longer courses a video would be much of the same - wading through knee to thigh deep snow. Do you guys have any short courses that are played enough that they stay somewhat tracked down? We play two short courses here in Anchorage in the winter and one in particular stays quite playable. We had about 6" of fresh powder the other day though and that definitely changes things for a while again - you don't get any skips off the fresh fluffy stuff but once the snow is packed back down you can't control them... :lol:
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby Varsi » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:33 am

inthedrift wrote:Things are quite similar in my neck of the woods. If we tried to play the longer courses a video would be much of the same - wading through knee to thigh deep snow. Do you guys have any short courses that are played enough that they stay somewhat tracked down? We play two short courses here in Anchorage in the winter and one in particular stays quite playable. We had about 6" of fresh powder the other day though and that definitely changes things for a while again - you don't get any skips off the fresh fluffy stuff but once the snow is packed back down you can't control them... :lol:

Not in 100km radius at least.
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby jubuttib » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:13 am

We have 9 courses within a 100 km (~62 miles) driving distance, only four of those are really proper courses (that we know, haven't been to all of them yet), and apart from our local course the closest one is 30 miles away. So yeah, wade on!
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Return to Video Critique