Discmania PD2 - CHAOS

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby discspeed » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:27 pm

I was throwing these a lot today, both Ps and Cs. I'm going to keep some Ps around for max/open/risky D, and the Champ is the best speed 10+ hyzer disc I've thrown both FH and BH. It might not be overstable enough for the biggest arms, but it's plenty for me. I like these, but for most shots I still prefer the smaller rim of the Flow, especially when accuracy is paramount.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby uNicedmeMan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:13 pm

discspeed wrote:
rusch_bag wrote:I haven't got to play with it a lot, but I noticed my C PD2 skipped more up in the air than most other discs do and it had a less right to left skip in it when thrown rhbh.

I agree with this...More of a Predator skip than a FB with a high-hop-then-stop. I still maintain that it's going to skip just like an Xcal, so if you've thrown one of those, you know how it's going to skip..

Hmmm... This is somewhat discouraging to me. Can you still get a big low lateral skip if thrown on a low hyzer? My hope is that the c-pd2 will take the place of my stable bosses (minimalist in me) but I rely on my boss for these type of shots. I could just keep the boss around if the c-pd2 doesn't skip as I'd like.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby discspeed » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:33 pm

uNicedmeMan wrote:
discspeed wrote:
rusch_bag wrote:I haven't got to play with it a lot, but I noticed my C PD2 skipped more up in the air than most other discs do and it had a less right to left skip in it when thrown rhbh.

I agree with this...More of a Predator skip than a FB with a high-hop-then-stop. I still maintain that it's going to skip just like an Xcal, so if you've thrown one of those, you know how it's going to skip..

Hmmm... This is somewhat discouraging to me. Can you still get a big low lateral skip if thrown on a low hyzer? My hope is that the c-pd2 will take the place of my stable bosses (minimalist in me) but I rely on my boss for these type of shots. I could just keep the boss around if the c-pd2 doesn't skip as I'd like.

It is all about the angle it hits the ground. Mine are overstable, so unless I'm pushing them out 380'+ they are usually hitting the ground at a pretty steep angle, hence the high and short skip. I also use it on another local hole where I have to throw it low and do a long lateral skip and it works great for this...Though not as good as if I had a stiff one. We'll see what kind of variation the production run brings us. I'm hoping for some stiff domeys to add to my collection...
discspeed

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:50 pm

Got some field work in with my two Ps and really I don't notice a weird skip or anything. They do seem to skip less than my forces though.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Whiz » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:52 pm

I have gotten in some more fieldwork as well with my yellow max weight gummy P-PD2s and I have to say that the ones that I have are not significantly more stable than new wraiths when thrown side-by-side. I turned the PD2s over on a few shots and they did not come back as much as my forces would have. The PD2 is a looong disc. I can throw it far but I do not trust it for headwind shots like I would trust my C-PDs or my Firebirds. I have not thrown stiff P-line PD2s or C-line PD2s and my hopes are high for these as long as they have some more stability.
E* DD2, Wraith, Glow Firebird, S-P-C PD, TD, Leopard, Roc, KC Aviar
Whiz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: S Wiz/S PD

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:34 pm

My P-PD2s are more stable than wraiths but I only throw 400' max. What are you hitting nowadays Whiz? Also you playing the Clash?
Frank Delicious

Postby Whiz » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:11 am

I am throwing around 400 but that is golf, not field D. For reference I was throwing my DD2s past hole three at albemarle and sadly, too far down the hill for a putt. Right now when throwing my PD2s on a flat shot I would estimate they are going around 300ft without any left/right movement before fading and if I torque them they will turn over and with enough height fade back at around 350. This flight is pretty similar to new wraiths that I am throwing. Also, I am most definitely playing the clash 8)
Whiz
Tree Magnet

Postby Trey133 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:16 am

Really wish I got signed up for that. You playing best in the nest?
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:49 am

Whiz wrote:I am throwing around 400 but that is golf, not field D. For reference I was throwing my DD2s past hole three at albemarle and sadly, too far down the hill for a putt. Right now when throwing my PD2s on a flat shot I would estimate they are going around 300ft without any left/right movement before fading and if I torque them they will turn over and with enough height fade back at around 350. This flight is pretty similar to new wraiths that I am throwing. Also, I am most definitely playing the clash 8)

I'm gonna need to throw your PD2s at the clash to see how they compare to mine.
Frank Delicious

Postby Whiz » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:57 am

Best of the nest is on my wife's birthday...so yes, I am definitely playing in it as well. Yeah, I will have to throw your PD2s as well.
Whiz
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:20 am

Two blue C-PD2s arrived today, fieldwork in 2 hours 40 minutes.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby discspeed » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:40 am

PPD2s fly much faster than the CPD2s as my P's seem to get really stable if I back off on them a little, moreso than the Champs. I was also throwing my Ps and Cs into a little headwind and I was getting them to fly on the same line (throwing Cs flat or slightly turned, and throwing Ps with slight hyzer). The Cs were going about 400' and the P's were going 420'-430'.

The Cs fit into my bag perfectly, but the Ps are kind of weird for me. I swear my PPD2 is as fast as my Z Nuke, and it has similar speed sensitivity...Both fly WAY differently for me on 80%, 90%, and 100% throws. At 80% they are overstable, 90% they get a nice high speed turn and recovery, and at 100% they flip more than I want. So all it takes is a slight mistake either in how hard I throw these discs or the angle at which I throw them and the shot can fail horribly. I hope that when the Ps break in a little that they are more consistent with more hyzer than they are for me with flattish releases. The Flow is much more consistent for me all around...As long as I get either my angle or speed right I can mess up a little at the other and still get a usable drive. The faster discs tend to make me look really stupid when I make a small mistake.
Last edited by discspeed on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
discspeed

Postby Whiz » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:47 am

What discspeed said.
Whiz
Tree Magnet

Postby Whiz » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:49 am

To expand, I really agree with his assessment as my Ps (I still have not thrown the Cs) can turn and come back on a very long line but if I throw them flat or anhyzer and am just slightly off the shot is horrible. On a straight with slight left finish 400' hole throwing RHBH today I threw my P with a tiny bit of anhyzer and it turned and literally cut rolled on me from a 20' high apex. I looked pretty stoopid :)
Whiz
Tree Magnet

Postby emiller3 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:05 am

Discspeed (or anyone else),
You've thrown E* Destroyers, the Flow, and the PD2. I'm pretty sure I like the Flow as my max D driver better than the Destroyer, but I've lost a max D headwind driver in doing so. What do you think, should I stick with E* Destroyers, try out a PD2, something else, or just use the Eagle/Firebird for headwinds? Part of me feels that max D drivers don't need to be used in a headwind...I tend to trust my Eagles and Firebirds more anyway and it's often worth the sacrifice in distance.
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment