BBQ

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: BBQ

Postby veganray » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:19 am

Mixed Bag Madness wrote:Cool man. My memory is very long. Feelings weren't hurt. I was just calling you out for being a negative whiny bitch with no sense of humor. When I'm in Fredericksburg this year I'll stop by guinea station road and we'll see who the little bitch is then.

It'll be your mom; you can say hi to her when you stop by, if I don't have her out on the corner making me some cash.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby Wabbajack » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:14 am

does this thread title make you mad veganray?
Wabbajack
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Pro Katana

Postby veganray » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:04 am

No, but your idiocy does a little…
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby uNicedmeMan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:10 am

VR- do you ever make your own chipotles with the peppers Biscoe grows?
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby veganray » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:13 am

Both he & I smoke a variety of peppers, including jalapenos (i.e., chipotle), cayenne, Trinidad scorpion, bhut jolokia, naga morich, fatalii, habanero, and many others. His "Hawk Hollow Heat" sauces & the hot sauces I serve when I cater events are made exclusively with smoked chiles.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby uNicedmeMan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:20 am

Badass. I would like to sample up on some varieties of smoked peppers.

Do you smoke tofu? I had some smoked tofu a few months ago and it was really really good.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby veganray » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:52 am

Oh, yeah. When I fire up the smoker, I grab everything I can get my hands on & throw it in. Meats, fish, tofu, tempeh, grains, herbs, hops, veggies, fruit, you name it - I have quite an affinity for the flavor of smoked foods.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby biscgolf » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:55 am

veganray wrote:Oh, yeah. When I fire up the smoker, I grab everything I can get my hands on & throw it in. Meats, fish, tofu, tempeh, grains, herbs, hops, veggies, fruit, you name it - I have quite an affinity for the flavor of smoked foods.

...he left out "pole"
biscgolf
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: proline leopard

Postby veganray » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:00 am

Why, you!!

My memory is very long…

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby biscgolf » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:06 am

...so's mine... and i know where you live... :lol:
biscgolf
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: proline leopard

Postby RustyP » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:24 pm

I've got a venison ham in the deep freeze that I'll be thawing out soon. My last one was stuffed with bits of bacon every few inches, dry rubbed (mostly black/white pepper, smoked paprika, brown sugar and salt), then covered in bacon slices before smoking over hickory. Tasted great and the bacon kept it juicy, but I wouldn't mind trying something different with this one. Any ideas on a good rub for venison, or other techniques for adding/keeping moisture in the meat?
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby veganray » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:25 pm

Caul fat. Indespensible for venison. Do your rub, wrap the ham in the caul fat net, & smoke away. Try a little espresso powder in your rub for extra yumminess.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby dgdave » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:13 pm

Just made a fucking awesome meatloaf

"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby MR. WICK » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:38 am

Forgot to take a pic, but yesterday I smoked a chuck roast.

Dry rubbed it with a special mix (a little on the tangy/spicey side) and let sit in the fridge for 24 hrs.

Smoked using a little bit of hickory for around 4 hrs (till the temp hit 140) then wrapped in tin foil and continue until the temp was about 170ish. Took it off and let it sit in a cooler for about an hour and a half.

Pulled it all apart and mixed in with some bbq sauce then served on buns with dill pickle slices on it. Was awesome!! Especially since I've never done a chuck roast before.

I'm using the smoke n' grill.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby Wordgie » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Love me some BBQ! I've got a Char-Griller with the smoker box and I've used it a few times. Done chicken leg quarters a few times, twoce by brining. Never done it before that and made all the difference.

Here's some pics of one of the pork butts I've done. The rub is brown sugar, black pepper, kosher salt, paprika, cayenne pepper and thyme. I use a throw away pan with water to catch the juices and create steam.

I'm a big fan of John Boy and Billy Grillin' sauces and got some of the Eastern Carolina (I'm more into the Carolina style BBQ) sauce. I thought it was a finishing sauce, but it's actually a basting sauce/marinade. I tried it on my sandwich and was disappointed. I used the right way last month and what a difference!

My intention was to pull it, but I didn't let it stay in the heat long enough. It sliced up great, though.

For sauces, I like Sticky Fingers, JB&B's, Stubb's and Sweet Baby Ray's.

No thread about BBQ is complete without some Rhett and Link....

Wordgie
Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.