the bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: the bag

Postby zj1002 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:12 am

List is still mostly the same. oh yeah, it is all in a GripEq bag now

11x KC Pro Aviar
S-P2
CE-QMS x2
Champ Roc 2006 throwback
Sanny Q-Sent
R-Pro Tank
Leopard Champ 2x BS
CE-QJLS x2
CE-EXP1 x2
11x FB
QPLS
QOLF
SOLF 1.1
QOLS

last minute additions:
DX Wedge(want star wedge bad)
Champion Monster, pearly

no Destroyer, I was only using it on long FH shots. I prefer the QOLF over the destroyer because I can get similar distance and more reliable nose down releases. The QOLF has firmly placed itself in my bag. I throw this disc on long hyzers and in wind. I can't believe I wasn't throwing one. I just got the Tank from DGV, so I am testing it against my pro Rhyno. The leopard was a surprise add for me. I hadn't thrown one in like 3 years, back when I started played. I threw
a buddies last friday and noticed it would have a spot in my bag for shots in between a QMS and QJLS. I constantly find myself powering down on a QJLS and up on a QMS, so having a Leopard is perfect.
Last edited by zj1002 on Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby zj1002 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:16 am

oh yeah

I also added a DX Wedge to test out a bit more. Should be a great "out" disc that I can throw from awkward angles behind obstacles. and short rollers
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:46 pm

Wedge will stay in the bag for now. it got me a few birdies off the tee, which was unexpected. Some of the holes on my home course are touch shots in the woods, and the wedge kicked ass.

Also picked up a couple of pearly monsters in trades and used shops. Was really impressed with the disc today. I really didn't touch my FB at all, but that was mainly because I wanted to test the Monster. It was about as long as my QOLF but super stable and much more capable of pure hyzers, where the QOLF will flip and then hyzer out if I lay into it.

the Leopard has been a tasty addition. I have parked a lot of shots I might have over/under shot with other discs. However since it is a used disc, and an unfamiliar mold, I have a tendency to over/under power it on certain lines. In time I will learn what it can take, but right now I am very happy with the results. I have found it can reach out pretty damn far when I really need a long and accurate shot. I am really starting to get out of mold minimalism now that I have developed some skills. I find myself throwing only 1 of a lot of molds but in premium/candy plastic. I have found this is really elevating my game, by trusting only one disc that will always do the same thing. Having to rely on 3-5 different stabilities of a mold really did add an extra layer of mental thought that I don't always need. I am pretty confident that I can put any disc on it's intended line now.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:46 pm

11x KC Aviar
12x KC Aviar - replaced P2, got tired of the late fade. needed one that can land any direction. it is used and one of the tasty 12x's
Star Wedge - out shots, situations were I can't throw with power.
CE QMS x2
Champ Glow Roc hole 7 winthrop
San Marino Q-sent
R-Pro Tank - really like this disc
CE QJLS
QPLS
CE Exp1
Sirius Exp1-L : proto I got from Fritz, fun disc, but is simply the hot disc this week
11x FB
QOLS
QOLF 1.2
SOLF 1.1
P-PD2 - boom this thing is fun
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:01 pm

11x KC Aviar - putts only
12x KC Aviar - driving
Star Wedge
Champion Shark
CE QMS
Champ Glow Roc
Sanny Q-Sent
Pro Rhyno
CE QJLS
QJLS
Exp1 1.7
Exp1-L
11x FB
QOLS
QOLF 1.2
SOLF 1.1
P-PD2

Disc reviews/comments:
PD2 is so easy to throw and a ton of fun. you can really crank on this thing and it always comes back. It is definitely my go to 350-425ft pure hyzer disc. Can't wait to see how it breaks in over the next couple months.

The wedge is still in the bag, but it sort of pissed me off today because every type of wind fucked with it. It basically wont ever be used for driving or putting, only standstill low power shots.

Champion shark won me over in just two days. by the time i started playing the game, the champ shark was discontinued. I threw pro sharks a lot when I first started 3 years ago. I got all up on the kc roc train, but now I am really starting to enjoy throwing multiple premium molds. I have moved away from mold minimalism now that I feel I can control any disc. Back to the champ shark...wow this thing has a great late fade. Holds any line you putt it on, and was magical on s-lines. It even held up in 20+ mph winds. I dropped my star roc while I play around with the shark again. This is the closest thing Innova has to a Buzz, and it is a shame they don't still run them in champion
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:35 pm

11x KC Aviar - putts only
12x KC Aviar - jump putts, and hyzer flip to flat drives, out to 300ft
P2 S line - Stable drives that always finish left(RHBH), out to 300ft
Rhyno Pro - approach disc inside approx 225ft.
Roc Champ Glow 2006
Roc Star Sanny
Q Sentinel Sanny
QMS CE
QJLS
QPLS
EXP1 1.7
Firebird 11x
QOLS
QOLF
SOLF
Wraith Champ Glow
P-PD2 Chaos

just picked up the champ glow wraith. I have been toying with the wraith mold for a while now. I had some echo star wraiths that were money but lost their stability and I got rid of them. This glow is nice and stable, perfect for long flat hyzers. It fills the gap that exists between the OLF and Chaos. That wraith slot will hopefully be filled by a Z-Hurricane in the next few months.

dropped the shark for the sanny roc, go figure
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby ferretdance03 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:48 am

The Glow Wraith is definitely my favorite version of the disc; sweet stable and stayed that way for awhile for me.

What are you using the EXP for that the Firebird won't do? It's been years since I touched one (EXP) so maybe I remember it being more overstable than it really is.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby zj1002 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:05 am

Stable eagle type shots. The exp1 gets up to speed much faster than the FB so I can throw it on a much straighter line and not get fade until the very end. The FB gets used on pure hyzers and the EXP on hyzer flips.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Yeti Pro Aviar - putts only. the overall feel is awesome!
12x KC Pro Aviar - beat
12x KC Pro Aviar - fresh
Pro Rhyno - beat
Pro Rhyno - newer

QMS - straight & turnovers
Champion Glow Roc Winthrop #7 - overstable
Star Sanny Roc - straight
Sanny Q-Sentinel - stable low ceiling and skips

Q Polaris LS - stable
CE QJLS - beat, rollers
CE QJLS - fresh
Star Whippet - spike/short hyzers
11x FB - big hyzers

QOLF 1.1
QOLF 1.2
Champ Glow Wraith
Monster
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby dgdave » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:30 pm

Why did you choose a beat 12x over a Yeti?
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby zj1002 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:46 pm

It is a really nice 12x. grippy and I am comfortable driving with it. it has been well used and doesn't lose chunks like the crappy slick 12x's. I am all about feel with my discs and what I used them for. I prefer the even dome on my driving aviars as well.

The Yeti's don't really drive like I want. They have a notch less glide for me. The Yeti's will only be used for putting, and I want to stick with that, at least my current stock. I may pick up some different colors for driving only. I pretty much always have atleast 3 aviars in the bag, one stable, one beat and one putter.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby dgdave » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:13 pm

WHat don't you like about the way they drive? Just the glide?
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby zj1002 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:26 pm

yeah, they just seemed to fly different than the way I like to throw aviars. That doesn't mean I won't try them as drivers again. I was testing them on a rainy day after I had spent the previous day installing three new holes on my home course. I think my body being sore and the rain had a part in how I was throwing. I'll give you a more accurate driving description latter this week
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:40 am

Dave I stand corrected, I had a lot of success driving with them on hyzers and flat shots off the box. Even had some awesome approach shots that dug in unlike the KC's that love to skip for me
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:56 pm

Yeti Pro Aviar
DX BB Aviar
S-P2
QMS
DX Roc san marino
Star Roc san marino
Champ Roc 06 glow
Qsent
QJLS(newest run, they are tasty)
Star Eagle 170g straight/flip shots
Star Eagle 175g stable eagle
11x Firebird
QOLF
Champ Glow Wraith
1st run Xcal
Pro Destroyer

Tester:
Gateway E Warrior - been throwing this a lot in the field at work. it has my attention. I really like the shape of the disc. It doesn't have a lot of glide, but it reminds me of a shorter and more stable Panther. I would try the S plastic but I actually am looking for a low profile stable disc. The Q-sent just doesn't feel natural in my hand despite the awesomeness. Luckily Disc Nation has buttloads of gateway discs for me to try when I get bored at work, otherwise I never would have tried some of these molds. The savage and warrior have really impressed me, and I think mainly because all I heard about Gateway was they were only good for putters.
zj1002
metroid cannon

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion