Distance difference between mids and drivers

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Distance difference between mids and drivers

Postby kachtz1 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:10 am

for me it is the opposite on the ROC & BUZZZ thing...ROCs can get up to 400 and BUZZZ i can get to 350, same weight...the roc seems to go faster through the air to me, the buzzz seems to drag, but holds a straighter line at lower speeds than a ROC.
kachtz1
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby anubis080 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:52 pm

kachtz1 wrote:for me it is the opposite on the ROC & BUZZZ thing...ROCs can get up to 400 and BUZZZ i can get to 350, same weight...the roc seems to go faster through the air to me, the buzzz seems to drag, but holds a straighter line at lower speeds than a ROC.

I would agree with you on this. I think the Roc has the potential to go further than a buzzz, a little more streamlined and definitely more stable. I don't think I've ever seen the cannons around these parts throw a huge buzzz shot, always a roc or something similarly stable.
Halo, PD, Leopard, Buzzz, Hornet, Wizard
anubis080
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD, Hornet, Wizard

Postby JR » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:25 pm

Roc has a larger frontal area and a blunter shape plus the bead is what Dave Dunipace the designer of the Roc called "An aerodynamic brake" IIRC. Thus Buzzz is faster given neither throw has grip issues. Which may explain the atypical experience of the Roc being faster.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Sean40474 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:53 pm

I've always seemed to get my Buzzzs our farther than my Rocs. I was pretty sure that the Buzzz was just a tick faster than the Roc and had a slight advantage on distance potential. Anybody else have input on this?
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Postby Dookville » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:10 am

Love my Rocs, but the Buzzz is faster and farther for me. I can't shape the Buzz nearly as well and if I had to hold a line or die, ROC ME.
"JimW wrote:
Every time I've ever tried to implement any of the advice from on here to get more distance on my drives it has ended up wrecking my game completely for a while.
Dookville
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PAIN

Postby Sean40474 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:01 pm

Dookville wrote:Love my Rocs, but the Buzzz is faster and farther for me. I can't shape the Buzz nearly as well and if I had to hold a line or die, ROC ME.

Have you played with the Buzzz in all the different plastics at all? I find that it is quite controllable depending on what you think you need. I understand that semantics between certain discs is a flavor thing for a lot of people, but sometimes it seems folks don't give the whole spectrum a chance before making a sound decision. Not saying that is the case with you Dook, just curious is all.
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Postby Reon » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:57 am

Thanks for this informative and helpful posts. I have heard that using a distance calculator anybody can measure distance between cities usa. Is it right? If it is right then i will collect a distance calculator. Please tell me something about it.
Reon
Noob

Previous

Return to Technique