Yeti Pro Aviars

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Yeti Pro Aviars

Postby throwharder » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:15 am

steven wrote:how do these fly compare to the soft-x focus or the tacky d focus?
thanks

Could someone please respond I am digging the soft focus right now, but I worry about the plastic.
throwharder
Noob

Favorite Disc: Echo Star Teebird

Postby victorb » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:06 pm

learned 2 things today.

1. Still can't get comfortable with a big beaded putter.
2. Don't need the extra glide with my putting style.

back to challengers. :roll:
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby zj1002 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:02 pm

The yetis have been great jump putters for me. Only draw back is the bounce of these discs because of the firm R-Pro mix. I might switch back to tacky 11x's for putts inside 25-30. I can't afford to have bounce/swing(chains) outs because of the plastic blend. The yeti won't be leaving the putting rotation however, mainly because it holds up great in all wind conditions. The plan is to carry a tacky 11x and one yeti. I'll switch them up based on the putt and weather conditions. I feel pretty confident with both because of the BB mold
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby steven » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:31 am

in weekend putting practice with my new yetis, I saw no more bounce outs than I have with other putters. I like the tacky feel and sunken flight plate. they fly very much like my tacky D focus', but feel a little better to me.
YETI - GATOR - ROC - PD - BOSS
steven
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: dx roc

Postby Risk » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:56 pm

So is everyones opinion on the disc still good? My bro picked one up at a Tourney last weekend and thought it was a "game changer" for making more long putts.
Force - Z Nuke - Predator - Stalker - Buzzz - Fuse -Zone - Focus
Risk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:04 pm

I know a lot of guys who use these to run longer putts b/c the lack of glide.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Itchy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:52 pm

Lack of glide and crazy straight too. I have two and put one in the bag in place of my Wizard some times. Depends on how I've been putting lately. Really love my wizard, but some times I feel it lets me down, or gets in my head and I need to change something so Yetis or a Summit come in.
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby JR » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:59 pm

Hmm i just played a round putting with them in contrast with the WWW tooled 12x KC Aviar yesterday and a lack of glide on the Yeti was not present. I overthrew too often. But i was also futzing with a different putting style. Going from spin putt to a hybrid of loft and spin putt. That rising momentum of the arm lead to some startling throwing over the basket and far away. From about 10-15' i missed three times going too high. The worst flew over the basket to 2' lower than the base of the pin to 25' away at least probably 30'. With way less elbow bend than a regular spin putt and less arm push speed. Not a lot of wrist action or finger spring either. Jokeri fell short big time the couple of times i tried to spin putt it. The height aiming for the styles is way different and it is more my inexperience with the hybrid style than the Yeti but it can glide well enough. Wind wasn't an issue because i was in a forest that blocked the wind present all around.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby juju » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:19 pm

How is the plastic holding up for those that have been using them for awhile. I never really gave it much of a chance since my KCs are working well for me.
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby Itchy » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:30 pm

I never use it for anything more than 100-ish feet, but the one I've thrown so far is in very good shape. Gets dirty really easily, but it isn't bashed up. The other one is 10/10... because it hasn't been thrown yet.
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby JR » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:56 am

Nicks fairly fast on rocks but so does a KC Aviar too. KC for driving, approaches and putts, Yeti for putting only.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:33 pm

More surprising airballs going far harumph...
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Sean40474 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:57 pm

JR wrote:Nicks fairly fast on rocks but so does a KC Aviar too. KC for driving, approaches and putts, Yeti for putting only.

I was really happy with this disc when it came to approaching, one of my favorites actually.
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Postby Booter » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:28 pm

I went back to these for upshots,short drivs etc and im happy. The cfr yetis are a little stiffer than the stocks. Especially the black yetis. I likey.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby xare » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:12 pm

So how long before we start seeing the 4x Yeti Pro's and until booter starts paying $40 for every 3x Yeti out there?

Inquiring minds wish to know! :P
Ridge § Omega SS § Classic Cobra § Roc § Sentinel § Leopard § Teebird § Sidewinder § PD § Firebird
xare
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Classic Cobra

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment