Discmania S-TD Turning Driver

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania S-TD Turning Driver

Postby Spinach D » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:56 pm

I ended up giving mine to my oldestg kid (7 YO) and he's had some good rips with it. Maybe I'll check it out again after it gets nice and worn in.
Spinach D
Fairway Surgeon

Postby victorb » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:40 pm

Threw my new S Rush tonight - Red 175 - and it definitely turned the way I hoped it would. I underestimated the amount of turn it had a few times, but threw a couple of massive turnover drives with it, I think it flies very nice for an understable driver. Probably will find a spot in the bag.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby BrotherDave » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:12 pm

I've got a buddy that pretty much only throws Champ Roadrunners off the tee, sidearm for huge S-curves. I've thought about giving him one of these so it would be RR like but with hopefully less left-to-right play. What say you, DGR masses?
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby Booter » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:25 pm

yes. I threw rr for a long time,then switched to the td and havnt looked back. It's nice when new and very nice when beat. To me it's a longer slightly faster rr.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby jubuttib » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:12 am

The gummy ones are somewhat more understable, closer to the RR. The stiff ones can be very stable indeed, not anything like an RR. Keep this in mind.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby BrotherDave » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:25 pm

Right on, thanks guys. Are there any colors that tend to be gummy or stiff? Short of asking Discpeed to pick them out for me over Clearwater, there isn't really any place where I can go hands on. I've thought about getting a white S-TD and dyeing Ohio St. on it since he's a Buckeyes fan, any knowledge with the whites specifically?
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby Booter » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:30 pm

sorry I only hav felt up the orange,yellow,blue and red. All of those were gummy and domey. The yellows being the domiest. I have yet to feel up the white or anything else I didn't mention.

speaking of the td. It worked amazing for me this weekend. Tailwind bombs all day. I love this disc.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby jnecessary » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:42 pm

I have two yellow S-TDs but I just can't stick with em long enough to break one in. I just keep on keepin' on with the RR.
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby jubuttib » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:49 pm

I have a red gummy, a bit translucent champystar, a yellow stiff normal S-Line (which is my most stable S-TD) and a blue, domey, not really gummy but not stiff either C-TD. I've also felt gummy whites, blues and yellows, and stiff whites, reds and oranges. So yeah, can't go by color.

But the gummy red champystar stuff is awesome.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby discspeed » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:27 am

Of all the new C line discs, I think the TD is surprising me the most. I have a merlot 175, and it's the most point and shoot driver I've ever used. It's SOOOO gyroscopic for a 1.9cm wing. The RR convex bottom is the most gyroscopic wing Innova has, the apparent nose space adds more plastic to the outside, and then the PD top is the most gyroscopic top Innova has. Now add the PLUS core, which adds even more plastic to the outside...It's a beautiful thing.

I'll admit I haven't thrown this disc more than 20 times, but yesterday I parked 7 holes in a row, from 260'-400', all with my CTD. I thought the PD was easy to power down...This disc doesn't fade dramatically if popped flat even @ 260', yet it wasn't flippy on the long shots either. On hard throws, it holds the line forever. I was able to throw annies, straight shots, and gentle hyzers.

Anyway, this disc performs way to well to not give a chance in my bag. It could potentially knock both PPDs, flippy S-PDs, and my GL Flow from my bag. I'll have to use it some more to see exactly where it fits.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby disc junkie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:43 am

discspeed wrote:Of all the new C line discs, I think the TD is surprising me the most. I have a merlot 175, and it's the most point and shoot driver I've ever used. It's SOOOO gyroscopic for a 1.9cm wing. The RR convex bottom is the most gyroscopic wing Innova has, the apparent nose space adds more plastic to the outside, and then the PD top is the most gyroscopic top Innova has. Now add the PLUS core, which adds even more plastic to the outside...It's a beautiful thing.

I'll admit I haven't thrown this disc more than 20 times, but yesterday I parked 7 holes in a row, from 260'-400', all with my CTD. I thought the PD was easy to power down...This disc doesn't fade dramatically if popped flat even @ 260', yet it wasn't flippy on the long shots either. On hard throws, it holds the line forever. I was able to throw annies, straight shots, and gentle hyzers.

Anyway, this disc performs way to well to not give a chance in my bag. It could potentially knock both PPDs, flippy S-PDs, and my GL Flow from my bag. I'll have to use it some more to see exactly where it fits.

There's a reason Myself, dgdave and booter have been singing praises about the TD for many months now. Probably Discmania's best disc in my opinion.
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby Booter » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:47 am

Yea mike where have u been? First ur late in kc glow aviars n now td rushs? Lol. Better late than never i guess.
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby uNicedmeMan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:00 am

disc junkie wrote:There's a reason Myself, dgdave and booter have been singing praises about the TD for many months now. Probably Discmania's best disc in my opinion.

I've been hearing this and got very curious about the TD. So much that I put two c-pd's in my order with Marshall Street.

It seems like you guys throw PDs and TDs. I remember when someone asked dgdave which disc he uses for what he said PDs for the straight stuff and TDs for any sort of curves (or something like that, sorry if I'm speaking wrongly Dave). For those of you that keep the PD and the TD in your bag, what are the specific uses for both?
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby dgdave » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:04 am

That's pretty much it. Mu beater PDs are very angular in flight and the TDs curve more. The TD will also come out of a flip more than a beat PD. The TD is also a straighter roller.

I've had the same C TD in the bag for about 9 months and its like a faster CE Leo.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby jubuttib » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:49 pm

disc junkie wrote:There's a reason Myself, dgdave and booter have been singing praises about the TD for many months now. Probably Discmania's best disc in my opinion.
I haven't exactly been singing, but I've been promoting the TD for some time now too.

The best part about the disc is how gradual it is in it's movements. Even my most beat and understable S-TD turns over slowly, it just does it for a longer period of the flight.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment