What pets do you have?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: What pets do you have?

Postby JR » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:54 am

Do great flying discs count here as pets or is this so off topic that they don't?

For me local courses have been attacked with Rhynos of different plastics, R-Pro Pig, Ion, Jokeri, Z and Glo Buzzzes, Gator (most FH looking to try out beefier driver like discs instead aka Whippet and Speed Demon after a retest of S Blaze which wouldn't survive in the summer on my home course from the beating to bedrock with lots of height changes on the holes) Z Stalker (straighter and very few feet shorter than Champ Leo that's been great in field practice), various Beasts after upgrading from Valks contested by Surge SS Z for summer and FLX for winter (i prefer the flight of the Z even for winter -i like lasers), Opto Flow being similar but longer and harder fading than the previous, Z Nuke DD2 broken almost doppelganging and Z Force.

I think i'm nearing a fairly stable bag. Jokeri primo plastic and finally getting some control over drives with Ions force me to think my putter selection further i should be able to remove at least one mold. The one with the least general usage combined with most overlap is the Rhyno gasp a staple for me in the last one and a half years. I'm in no hurry to cull Rhynos because they work so great for me. And i'm not going minimalist for the sake of minimalism just because i usually only use the Pig for FH drives and approaches with doglegs and nose up anny stall to flex to hyzer dropping to the bucket when there's a steep drop right behind the basket. Still trying to make to putt.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby bill » Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:36 pm

i have a fine specimen of Alabama blacksnake. but it ain't too buku.
flow pd eagle leopard axis rattler ion
bill
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby lokirising » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Got 2 cats, a yellow lab, and a 300 gallon saltwater aquarium.
You lost! You get nothing! Good day, sir!

-Willy Wonka
lokirising
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: Pro-D Buzzz

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:01 pm

My cat killed a mouse tonight. I saw him playing with what looked like a smaller version of his toy mouse on the apartment floor, turns out it was a small mouse. How do you feel about your cats catching mice? I personally think it's badass. It's the only time the motherfucker earns his keep around here. Otherwise he just lazies around the around all day, eating and spilling water from his bowl.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby JimW » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:20 pm

uNicedmeMan wrote:It's the only time the motherfucker earns his keep around here. Otherwise he just lazies around the around all day, eating and spilling water from his bowl.

Oh man this made me laugh. I have the same type of thoughts about my cat though she's declawed and unlikely to kill anything significant. She has aided me in killing bugs a few times though, I'll see her pawing at something on the floor and when I go to look she has found a bug and keeps trapping it. She doesn't spill water from her bowl though, in fact if she had her way she'd never drink out of it at all and we'd turn the damn bathroom faucet on for her to drink from all the time.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Postby JimW » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:32 pm

More pictures of mine.

Sleepy cat is sleepy

Dumb looking cat is dumb looking

Posing for her close-up

discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Postby juju » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:38 pm

My 100 lb yellow lab had the squirts for the last few days. He must have ate something nasty down by the lake. For two nights he was going about once every two hours. Got him some antibiotics, fed him a bland diet for a few days, and he is all better now. He has had some minor diarrhea in the past, but never this kind of explosive type. Bruno needs a vacation up north once the lakes melt.
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby Itchy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:20 pm

A dog named Bear.

Puppy pics

He's grown up now... and knows some tricks, like sit.
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby jubuttib » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:58 am

uNicedmeMan wrote:How do you feel about your cats catching mice? I personally think it's badass. It's the only time the motherfucker earns his keep around here. Otherwise he just lazies around the around all day, eating and spilling water from his bowl.
We don't really have a cat as such, but there's been one periodically living in the attic at my parents' house. During the day the thing's all cuddly and lovable, during the night the fucker kills hares as big as itself.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby bill » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:19 am

jubuttib wrote:
uNicedmeMan wrote:during the night the fucker kills hares as big as itself.

i knew a guy that brought home a stray and it would do the same thing. kill full grown rabbits right in his yard. crazy.
flow pd eagle leopard axis rattler ion
bill
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby uNicedmeMan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:24 am

bill wrote:
jubuttib wrote:
uNicedmeMan wrote:during the night the fucker kills hares as big as itself.

i knew a guy that brought home a stray and it would do the same thing. kill full grown rabbits right in his yard. crazy.

You're quoting the wrong bro, bro. Either way, that's wacky. Full grown rabbits???

My cat is strictly an indoor cat. There are rats in this city that weight as much as he does and I don't need him going toe to toe with any of them.

I need to snap a few pictures of my pussy.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Kscustom » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:41 am

I have a German short hair pointer and salt water fish!
Kscustom
Noob

Favorite Disc: Flash

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.