Refund Request and Reregistering for Different Division

Rules Discussion and General PDGA discussion.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Refund Request and Reregistering for Different Division

Postby jenb » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:13 pm

I'm presently registered to play Rec at an all ladies tournament, but I signed up before they posted any registrations online. Now that they have posted the registrations, I can see that the other ladies are all playing up quite a bit. My rating would fit in fine in the Intermediate, Advanced Master's, and even Master's divisions, so I would like to change divisions. I contacted the tournament director about it yesterday or the day before, I forget which, to see if I would be allowed to move up at sign in, or if I need to request a refund and reregister, but haven't heard back yet. If I don't request the refund in the next day or two, I'll be within the two week period where I can't get a full refund automatically, so I'm trying to figure out what to do.

I'm wondering if anyone else here has ever requested a refund and tried to reregister and found any problems doing that. For example, if you request a refund and then try to register for another division before being removed from the registration list, is there a problem created in the software or the like because the rules prohibit people from registering for two divisions in the same tournament?
:p
jenb
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: judge

Re: Refund Request and Reregistering for Different Division

Postby mark12b » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:43 pm

I'd say to just hang in there and trust that the TD will get back to you before the tourney, or be prepared to take care of it the morning-of. There is a bit of last-minute shuffling and registration at most tournaments, shouldn't be a big deal.
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Re: Refund Request and Reregistering for Different Division

Postby ferretdance03 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:09 pm

Switching divisions day of is typically not a big deal. I definitely wouldn't go through the headache of requesting a refund and re-signing up.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Return to Rules Discussion