New player, go easy on me!

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: New player, go easy on me!

Postby derfernerf » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:37 pm

Okay, update and new video. I think I got the heel pivot pretty good, it's the whipping of the arm I'm having trouble with. I'm also having a lot of discs turn over and go anhyzer, Although I can get the Leopard and Buzzz I got to go pretty darn straight. Discs like Nukes, Avengers, Wahoo, Surge SS all just go WAY to the right. I had some good throws that broke 300', mostly with the Katana, I was hitting about 315' - 320'

I did this one in slow-mo, sorry for the wind noise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufz5bklvajs
derfernerf
Noob

Postby Craig Smolin » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:37 pm

big time improvement ... looks like you're actually THROWING rather than just letting go of the disc. IMO, still just a bit too casual with your walk-up (but that may be a function of the slo-mo). Focus on accelerating your arm across your chest. Then try to determine if you're either 1) changing the angle of the disc in your hand OR changing your wrist angle during the throw. Both can lead to anhyzer throws, but the first you do on purpose, and the second you don't.
The University of Michigan - "Hail to the Victors" - Class of '99
Drivers: TLs, Sidewinders, Wraiths
Mid-ranges: Shark, Meteor, Buzzz, Wasp
Putters: Wizards
Craig Smolin
Tree Magnet

Postby derfernerf » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:19 pm

Craig Smolin wrote:big time improvement ... looks like you're actually THROWING rather than just letting go of the disc. IMO, still just a bit too casual with your walk-up (but that may be a function of the slo-mo). Focus on accelerating your arm across your chest. Then try to determine if you're either 1) changing the angle of the disc in your hand OR changing your wrist angle during the throw. Both can lead to anhyzer throws, but the first you do on purpose, and the second you don't.

Good to hear I improved! When you say too casual with my walk up, you want me to speed it up, or was that just saying I'm too casual, so I need to accelerate my arm across my chest?
derfernerf
Noob

Previous

Return to Video Critique