A crapload of remote controls

General, Non-Disc Related Goods for trade/sale.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

A crapload of remote controls

Postby Blake_T » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:39 am

I've accumulated a ton of A/V gear remotes over the years... need to purge them.

I'm flexible on prices on most of them, especially if you want more than one. Buyer pays shipping. Will throw in brand new batteries for each remote if you want more than $10 worth (but be aware that batteries may increase the shipping weight/cost).

Universal remotes

Sony RM-VL600
8-Device Universal learning remote. This remote can control up to 8 devices and was designed to control TV, DVD, Satellite, Cable, VCR, CD, Tape, and a Receiver. It can be programmed with device codes and it also supports learning functions so if you have a device or remote function that isn't supported by the remote you can always program the remote to do it.
Programming instructions and links to the manual can be found here:
http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-rem ... dl=RMVL600
$7

Sony RM-V302
5-Device Universal remote. This remote can control up to 5 devices and was designed to control TV, DVD, CBL/SAT, VCR, and a Receiver.
http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-rem ... mdl=RMV302
$5

Sony RM-V201
4-Device Universal remote. This remote can control up to 5 devices and was designed to control TV, DVD, CBL/SAT, and VCR.
http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-rem ... mdl=RMV201
$4

Sony RM-V21
5-Device Universal remote. This remote can control up to 5 devices and was designed to control TV, CBL, VCR, and 2 additional A/V devices. Features backlit keys.
http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-remote.pl?mdl=RMV21
$3

GE RC24911-B
3-Device Universal remote. This remote can control up to 3 devices and was designed to control TV, Cable or Sat, and DVD or VCR.
Programming instructions:
http://www.jascoproducts.com/support/do ... ctions.pdf
Remote Codes:
http://www.jascoproducts.com/support/do ... it-New.pdf
$3

Receiver Remotes

Sony RM-P313 Programmable Learning Receiver Remote (originally from the Sony STR-GX67ES receiver)
Can control TV, up to 3 VCR's/Cassette Decks/DATs and CD/LD in addition to the receiver. Individual buttons can be programmed/learned via IR. Will work with most receivers made before 2000 or so.
$10

Sony RM-U185 Receiver Remote (originally from STR-DE185, STR-DE197)
Can Control VCR, DVD, MD/Tape, CD, TV in addition to the receiver.
$5

Sony RM-AAP027 Receiver Remote (originally from STR-DA5400ES)
Can control zone 2 functions on a Sony Receiver and will also work as a remote for a Sony TV, 2 VCR's, Bluray, DVD, Satellite, Cassette, Minidisc, CD, and Digital Media Port.
$15

TV Remotes

Sony RM-762A Programmable Learning TV Remote (originally from late 80's XBR Trinitrons over 27")
Can control TV, Cable Box, up to 3 VCR's, and MD. Individual buttons can be learned via IR. Compatible with nearly all Sony TV's.
$5

Westinghouse RMT-11 LCD TV Remote (originally from Westinghouse LCD TV's LD-2655VX, LD-2685VX, LD-3255VX, LD-3285VX, LD-4255VX, TX42F810G, LD-2657DF)
Includes direct input selection for Component Video x 2, HDMI x 2, Video x 2, TV Tuner and PC input. I found that this remote also will control most functions on Sony and Sceptre TV's.
$10

DVD Remotes

Sony RMT-D175A DVD Remote (originally from a Sony DVP-NS710H as well as most of the newest sony DVD players DVP-SR200P, DVP-SR500H, etc.)
Controls TV and DVD Functions. Controls Sony TV by default but can be programmed to control TV's made by Daewoo, Hitachi, GoldStar, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Philips, RCA, Proscan, Samsung, Sharp, and Toshiba.
$5

Sony RMT-D205A DVD Recorder Remote (originally from RGR-DX300 DVD Recorder but is compatible with 95% of Sony's DVD players)
Controls TV, DVD playback, DVD Recorder functions, and some A/V receiver functions. Can control up to 3 RGR-DX300 recorders from the one remote. Controls Sony TV by default but can be programmed to control over 40 brands of TV. Can be programmed to control some functions on Receivers made by Denon, Kenwood, Onkyo, Pioneer, Sansui, Sony, Technics, and Yamaha.
$5

Toshiba SE-R0131 DVD Remote (originally from SD5915 5-Disc DVD Player)
Controls TV and DVD Functions (can work with any Toshiba TV).
$5

VCR Remotes

Sony RMT-V130 VCR Remote (originally from SLV-750HF VCR)
Can Control TV and VCR. Has jog-wheel for speed control and VCR+ control. Works with nearly all Sony VCR's and TV's.
$5

DVD/VCR Combo Remotes

Sony RMT-V501 DVD/VHS Combo Player Remote (originally from SLV-D100 combo player)
Can Control TV and DVD/VCR combo. Controls Sony TV by default but can be programmed to control over 40 brands of TV.
$5

Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Re: A crapload of remote controls

Postby Blake_T » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:00 pm

updated. added remote for sony str-da5400es receiver
Blake_T

Postby rusch_bag » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:06 pm

Do you have a remote fetish?
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Blake_T » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:41 pm

nope :P

for a while we had 6 A/V setups going between my gf and i all w/ tv, vcr, bluray, dvd (when bluray players were super duper slow), cable box, and some audio gear as well. i mostly buy a/v stuff used or on clearance and in a lot of cases the stuff is missing the remotes, power cords, etc. so when i have a chance to pickup an extra here or there i usually do. also, our coach eats remotes (and breaks em if they slide into the reclining hinges so it's good to have backups). i also had a slew of extra video gear from when i used to make movies and such. i also had a handful of VCR's that every time you unplugged them and plugged em back in they would default with a "data screen" on, and you couldn't turn it off without the data screen button on the remote.

basically, if spending $4 on an extra bluray remote from the "misc" bin at a pawn shop so that 2 months later when you are looking to upgrade players and find one for dirt cheap that is missing the remote, it's no big deal :P it helps that my two A/v setups are all sony and all sony remotes (with the exception of receivers) pretty much use the same IR commands no matter when it was built.

a couple of these remotes i've had since the late 80's and they're still in perfect working order :P
Blake_T

Return to Garage Sale