Cold weather bag.

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Cold weather bag.

Postby Amateur » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:53 am

I have a sweet belt mounted bag that Peppermack made for me (thanks again, dad and I love them!) that holds 4 discs. I like to carry 1 extra disc in the hand to fill the gap after I drive so the bag doesn't rattle when I walk. However using my left arm to try to silence the rattle has really helped me with my open and close my shoulders, and consequently I'm throwing 400' low line drives now.

Contents of the bag:

167 SPD - Straight with fade. Headwind duties. Max D.
167 Champystar Valkyrie - Max D. Long turnovers. Rollers. Hyzer flip straight drives.

176 Z Buzzz - Stable fairway length drives. This disc has legs.
174 ESP Buzzz - More understable than the Z. Basically what I wanted my Comets to be.

173 Firm X Challenger - Main putter. More straight stable than the other plastics.
166 Soft X Challenger - I will use this instead when the temperature is really low or if there is snow on the ground. Overstable compared to the other plastics.
Last edited by Amateur on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
PD - Valkyrie - Buzzz - Challenger
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Re: Finally don't suck bag.

Postby fanter » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:04 pm

What made you choose such a lightweight (by comparison to the rest of your bag) *Wraith? I ask because I've considered trying lighter weight fast drivers because I don't think I have the capacity to get anything more than a speed 9/10 up to cruising speed.
fanter
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby jenb » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:43 pm

From your sig, I take it you traded in your TL, Banshee, and Surge for a Cyclone, Predator, and Wraith.

I thought the Wraith and the Surge were pretty much the same speed and slot. What prompted that change?

What are you using for overheads and rollers?
:p
jenb
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: judge

Postby Amateur » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:14 pm

It's actually fairly new, I only bought it because I lost my broken in 171.

I'm loving it because it is a little quicker to flip than a heavier Wraith. I'll replace it with a heavier Wraith when the lighter one breaks in more, probably another light one too.

Might as well try one out. If you don't like it somebody will buy it from you. You hardly ever see Star Wraiths in the B/S/T.
Amateur

Postby Amateur » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:32 pm

As for the change, Wraiths are consistently longer for me and easier to power down. The TL is great at going straight, but the Cyclone will do the same thing and more. It's also much easier for me to range. My Banshee just got too beat up. On windy days it would still finish predictably but would get slapped around a bit before then. The Predator lives up to the hype, great wind penetration and much more distance than the Banshee.

I don't really throw overhands except to get out of trouble they really hurt my arm. If I had to I'd use my ESP Cycone. I use my turnover Pro Wraith for rollers, but I really don't have many opportunities to use a roller.

My new home course is windy about 80% of the time and I've really had to rethink how I approach my setup. On windy days I would probably benefit from just using my *Wraith, Pred, and Zone. I don't mind chasing down some errant drives, it's kinda fun to throw big distance in the wind.
Amateur

Re: Cold weather bag.

Postby Amateur » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:18 pm

Update bump.

Dropped all discs bigger than 1.9 cm and dropped all very oversable discs. Having much more success with smoother form and smaller rims. As far as fairway drivers are concerned, my Z Buzzz is about 10' shorter than my Leopard and we all know how well PD's can power down. I believe I have every shot covered with my current setup.
Amateur

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion