Discmania PD2 - CHAOS

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: PD2 CHAOS

Postby jubuttib » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Was the P-PD2 firm of soft? I've only thrown the firmer, more overstable ones, where as many people report the softer ones only being about as stable as a Nuke.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby anubis080 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:39 pm

jubuttib wrote:Was the P-PD2 firm of soft? I've only thrown the firmer, more overstable ones, where as many people report the softer ones only being about as stable as a Nuke.

It was pretty firm, not floppy at all. Very beveled edge. It was definitely more stable than a Nuke, ESP at least. I just didn't find it to be any faster than say a wraith. I would almost say my PD was as fast as it. Maybe I got a bum Chaos?
Halo, PD, Leopard, Buzzz, Hornet, Wizard
anubis080
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD, Hornet, Wizard

Postby jubuttib » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:10 am

Can't say, every Chaos I've seen has been as fast a Destroyer at least. Not that Wraiths are far behind.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby discspeed » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Production PD2s are a little different animal than the prereleases and first runs...They are much stiffer and more overstable. I love them...Where my old Cs will push on a hyzer these newer ones hold true. They feel much beefier in the hand as well. It reminds me of a faster FR Teerex. So far I'm super impressed with Discmania's C-line release (PLUS molds and all).
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby jubuttib » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:51 pm

discspeed wrote:So far I'm super impressed with Discmania's C-line release (PLUS molds and all).
So, the C-PD is great, the C-PD2 is great, the C-TD is great, the C-MD2 is great, now someone just needs to test the C-DD2 and we'll have the whole lineup checked out. (No-one's interested in the C-P1, it's a premium plastic Aviar, whoop-de-doo.)
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby anubis080 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:19 pm

How are the production C-PD2's? I'm interested in filling the "slightly overstable" driver slot in my bag and wanted to give the disc a second chance since it felt so great in the hand. I am just hoping it is a little more stable than the P line :?
Halo, PD, Leopard, Buzzz, Hornet, Wizard
anubis080
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD, Hornet, Wizard

Postby carlitocal » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:33 pm

now someone just needs to test the C-DD2 and we'll have the whole lineup checked out

fwiw, i bought a c-dd2 after falling in love with the p-dd2. out of the box i love the p line, but soon i was flipping it over more often than i would like so i was hoping the c line would be slightly more stable version.

i have a bright orange 171 c-dd2 and so far i love it. as expected the c line flies a bit more stable than the p and perfectly fits the flight path i was hoping for. i am currently using it on max D drives that arent into a headwind. just have to throw it clean and it flies forever.
carlitocal
Noob

Favorite Disc: pd

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:59 am

anubis080 wrote:How are the production C-PD2's? I'm interested in filling the "slightly overstable" driver slot in my bag and wanted to give the disc a second chance since it felt so great in the hand. I am just hoping it is a little more stable than the P line :?

I don't think I would describe the C-PD2 as "slightly overstable".
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby muchachogrande » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:32 am

Frank Delicious wrote:
anubis080 wrote:How are the production C-PD2's? I'm interested in filling the "slightly overstable" driver slot in my bag and wanted to give the disc a second chance since it felt so great in the hand. I am just hoping it is a little more stable than the P line :?

I don't think I would describe the C-PD2 as "slightly overstable".

Would it be like describing you as "slightly unstable", Frank?
Predator-PD-Teebird-Leopard -Roc -Comet- Wizard - Magic
muchachogrande
Noob

Favorite Disc: Leopard

Postby JR » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:36 am

carlitocal wrote:
now someone just needs to test the C-DD2 and we'll have the whole lineup checked out

fwiw, i bought a c-dd2 after falling in love with the p-dd2. out of the box i love the p line, but soon i was flipping it over more often than i would like so i was hoping the c line would be slightly more stable version.

i have a bright orange 171 c-dd2 and so far i love it. as expected the c line flies a bit more stable than the p and perfectly fits the flight path i was hoping for. i am currently using it on max D drives that arent into a headwind. just have to throw it clean and it flies forever.

If a P PD2 is as high speed stable as a C PD2 or less your power is either immense or you suffer from some form flaw that makes the disc flip. Or have massive headwinds.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:12 am

JR wrote:
carlitocal wrote:

If a P PD2 is as high speed stable as a C PD2 or less your power is either immense or you suffer from some form flaw that makes the disc flip. Or have massive headwinds.

DD2 JR, not PD2.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby discspeed » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:44 am

carlitocal wrote:

I did test the CDD2...I was not that impressed. It had a lot of movement in the flght...More turn than a Champ Boss with an earlier fade. I could not get great D out of it in all my attempts. I'm not sure, but it also didn't seem quite as fast as the Boss/Katana/Vulcan.

If you really like all of Innova's speed 13 discs you may have a use for a CDD2 in your lineup as it turns and fades more reliably than any of those others.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby JR » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:20 pm

jubuttib wrote:
JR wrote:
carlitocal wrote:

DD2 JR, not PD2.

Argh all the similar sounding abbreviations... No clue about the C DD2s because broken in ES DD2 is long challenging Nukes for distance king position for me and P DD2 can't take abuse for long without changing flight a lot but it could become killtastic max D disc. Possibly longer than Nukes which reminds me that now that practice field ain't white like my P DD2 i gotta break it out and break it in :-D Boooom i think.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Joz » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:11 pm

discspeed wrote:
carlitocal wrote:

I did test the CDD2...I was not that impressed. It had a lot of movement in the flght...More turn than a Champ Boss with an earlier fade. I could not get great D out of it in all my attempts. I'm not sure, but it also didn't seem quite as fast as the Boss/Katana/Vulcan.

If you really like all of Innova's speed 13 discs you may have a use for a CDD2 in your lineup as it turns and fades more reliably than any of those others.

WOW. Well now I don't feel alone. I was gonna post practically the same thing but I didn't feel like hearing about how it's the Indian, not the arrow. I have tried several C-DD2s, 1 CFR and 2 regular run, and I have had unsatisfactory results. Before testing these c-lines I had an E* DD2 that was much more predictable and had better glide. Additionally, discspeed, I share your sentiment that it lacked the speed that my Bosses and Katanas do. Initially I was hoping for a disc that would resemble my first run bosses or super beat bosses, but it has definitely lacked the consistency.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Re: Discmania PD2 - CHAOS

Postby jubuttib » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:47 pm

I have an Asia Open C-DD2, and it is indeed pretty meh. The orange and green ES-DD2s are much better, and the P-DD2 is crazy long, if not all that accurate after it beats in. Nice to hear I don't have to sink money into the C-DD2, I already have a buttload of the other plastics. I will however try out a normal S-DD2 (released this week

But back on the PD2, and especially the relative HSS between the P and C, there really isn't a big difference between mine, but I acknowledge that my P-DD2 is most likely freaky HSS.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment