lower right back pain

While mechanics are crucial to the disc golf throw, it's important to have your body in shape to throw. Talk about conditioning and injuries here.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: lower right back pain

Postby JR » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:41 pm

Was that a video phone you used then? 8)
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby masterbeato » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:23 pm

JR wrote:Was that a video phone you used then? 8)

unfortunately not. for my luck she could have been in the bath. :P

i went and seen her this morning to confirm my injury.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby JR » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:16 pm

Doc I've got a personal issue... In my pants... :mrgreen:
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby cynthiya » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:46 am

37 weeks pregnant and experiencing lower back pain with diarrhea. Could this be the start of labor? I've had severe diarrhea and terrible lower back pain all morning. It's a very consistent dull pain. I am 37 weeks. Could this be the start of labor?
Last edited by cynthiya on Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
cynthiya
Noob

Favorite Disc: desAT

Postby JR » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:22 am

That has got to be the best necrobump ever!
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby keltik » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:19 am

agreed
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby elnino » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:11 pm

don't rule out the IT band you might have over done it and that can cause the issues you are having....

was the hamstring pain down low close to your knee on the outside of your leg?
Positive feedback 56 Trade
Destroyer=Firebird=Striker=Roc=Wizard
elnino
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird/wizard

Postby Apothecary » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:26 am

dont do sit ups.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby rusch_bag » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:28 am

My lower right back has been killing me lately too. I have been playing with a lot of Tylenol in me and it helps during the round but after I feel it for sure. What are some good back stretches?
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Destin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:26 am

http://www.physicallytrained.com/fm21-20/physical-fitness-training/images/FLEX-hip-and-back-stretch-lying-down.PNG

Here's one that works for me. It's called the knee to chest stretch. You can google it to find out more about, how to do it properly, etc.

I also find it beneficial to stretch my hamstrings.
Champ Destroyer/X Nuke/Champ Beast/GL Flow/Vector/Buzzzes/Med Ion
Destin
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby CatPredator » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:47 am

rusch_bag wrote:My lower right back has been killing me lately too. I have been playing with a lot of Tylenol in me and it helps during the round but after I feel it for sure. What are some good back stretches?

That pain in your lower back/butt cheek is significantly linked to your right leg. The repetitive motion of pivoting [constantly rotating in one direction and balancing your weight] causes an imbalance in the muscle strength and flexibility in your hamstrings, quads, glutes, and hip flexor of your pivot leg which manifests itself by tugging on your lower back muscles and upper butt cheek really hard and causing pain. Putting exacerbates it and causes it's own issues. I had to really stretch the shit out of my hip flexor and hamstrings, improve the strength in my quads and glutes, and work on balance exercises to improve calf, ankle, and core strength to get rid of the pain but god was it worth it.
CatPredator
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Aviars

Postby rusch_bag » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:10 am

Well, after a month and a half of pain, I went to the doctor which lead me to some physical therapy. Turns out my right pelvis was slanted forward due to the repeated twisting as well as my hamstrings not being very flexible and pulling on it. That caused my back muscles to be overworked trying to make up for it to balance my body. She adjusted it back to where it was supposed to be and everything feels magical right now. I have a handful of stretches and exercises to do to work on the flexibility of my hamstrings as well as building the muscles in my back to keep my pelvis in place. Hopefully, I will be back out there soon. It has been shitty not being able to play and that is why I haven't been on here as much either. Hard to read about stuff you want to be doing, but can't.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Bernardo » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:12 am

I have experienced the lower back pain last year in the summer due to siting in the office chair all day long it might be some siting position issue but physical therapy really helped to recover.....
Bernardo
Noob

Favorite Disc: Banceyy

Postby Mark Ellis » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:28 am

masterbeato wrote:this has been going on for 2 weeks now and today it is the worst it has ever been. any experts on body death in here?

Well I'm certainly not an expert but I would bet "BODY DEATH" will solve your back pain.

Any time you strain something stretching and ice are a good start. I strained a hamstring the other day and my trainer spent a whole workout session stretching (both static and dynamic). If feels much better a day later.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

PreviousNext

Return to Body Conditioning and Injury