Funny sheet

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Funny sheet

Postby JR » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:10 am

Post all of the odd and fun stuff here.

Kickoff: I received a letter from Georgia today. In it is my membership number that ends with the number 88. As a hobby military historian with focus on WW2 it was painfully funny to me to share the number of the most famous artillery piece of that war. And obvious disc golf meaning cannon.

I googled shirts with a number 88 and somehow i don't think the second hit of nazi clothing is gonna fly with me. Nor is maternity teeshirt. I mean sure as a military history buff an 88 shirt would be ok from that point of view but it would create misunderstandings of not at all wanted kind.

Apparently 88 has meaning in soccer and American football at least. Fine but i'm not really into those sports and am not hell bent on "supporting" any teams or appearing to be a fan of a number of WR hall of famers.

I think it was frank that made a joke about my handle way back when he called me junior. I didn't get the reference at first but i was pointed out that Dale Earnhardt junior was the funny connection. So when i saw a link to a shop selling that teeshirt i was like phew! A DGR joke about my initials that isn't gonna get me taken for a nazi or a preggers woman (i often have beard and mustache...). Only a redneck maybe but even that could fly at least in the south :-)

After seeing that shirt i thought that i could pull off crossing the name Dale Earnhardt leaving the Jr and 88 and adding PDGA # missing numbers in front of the 88 on the shirt like i had planned. I don't watch Nascar but way back when i used to play Nascar race games and Nascar car # 88 is cannon enough for DG purposes :-) Sure i could just get a regular shirt embroidered but where would the fun be in that?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Funny sheet

Postby Itchy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:49 am

I bought a Springfield Armory GI .45 1911 pistol once with "WW2" starting off the serial number. Was filling out the paperwork with the guy at the store and he stopped and looked at the pistol again and said, "Wow, you got kind of a lucky serial number there," and handed it to me... WW2! :lol:
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby JR » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:14 am

:-D Kinda like me buying tickets to Rush concert and paying for the fare home and having 21.12€ left on the card 8) For those that don't know it's one awesome album from Rush when you take the . off from the middle.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Parks » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:44 am

JR wrote::-D Kinda like me buying tickets to Rush concert and paying for the fare home and having 21.12€ left on the card 8) For those that don't know it's one awesome album from Rush when you take the . off from the middle.

Rush has an album called 2112 Euros?
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:55 am

That would be the going price for such a masterpiece of art!!!
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Itchy » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:28 pm

I misspoke. The serial number isn't WW2, it's WW11 ("1"s instead of "I"s) but still cool.

Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby JR » Sun May 01, 2011 11:28 pm

I feel more like crying but still am a little not knowing whether to laugh or cry at Apoth. Kaboom!!! 8) :mrgreen:
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.