Two High End Sony Reference DVD players

General, Non-Disc Related Goods for trade/sale.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Two High End Sony Reference DVD players

Postby Blake_T » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:19 pm

if you really want to nerd out over dg dvd's, i'm selling a couple of extremely high quality DVD players that are built like tanks and should last 10+ more years. the picture quality and detail on these is absolutely superb. you should be able to nerd out with frame by frame or slow mo to your heart's content :P

these two models were defined by sony as "reference players" and were often used as benchmark players for their other video devices, etc.

while they are pre-progressive scan, they will give a clearer image than 95% of progressive scan players out there and unless you have a really high end TV, the set will likely upscale an interlaced image better than a progressive scan image anyway. these smoked every upscaling hdmi dvd player i've tried as well.

rich people with really expensive stereos often use these players as CD "transports," which basically means they use these to spin the discs and use the digital outputs into a separate DAC since the drives are pretty much silent and they're extremely sturdy players.

the downside is that since these are older players (in the 8-12 year old range) there's 2-4% of DVD's that are incompatible in their authoring formats. they also hadn't invented much of the laser tilt correction for warped discs at this time. both do have laser calibration in their service menus so that if you have a disc that is struggling to play you can recalibrate the optical pickup for that particular disc. this works for dual layer dvd's, single layer dvd's, and cd's. both are made in japan.

they are both pretty large at approximately 17" x 15" x 5" and weigh in at like 17+ lbs.

the first one:
DVP-S7700 w/ remote. component, composite, and s-video video outs. analog, optical, and digital coaxial audio outs. copper-plated chassis to reduce electromagnetic interference.
out of the two players this one has a quieter drive and slightly more vibrant color output as well as greater disc compatibility. i'm including a set of decent quality component video and audio cables.
original MSRP: $1199.99
$55

the second one:
DVP-S7000 w/ remote and manual. component, composite, and s-video video outs. analog, optical, and digital coaxial audio outs.
no DTS support
out of the two players this one has better overall video quality and is one of the few players on the market that doesn't suffer from the "chroma bug" (incorrect processing of certain reds). this is considered to be one of the best DVD players of all time. i'm including a set of decent quality component video and audio cables.
original MSRP: $1299.99
$55

I'd prefer to keep these local but i'd consider shipping them. shipping would be in the $12-20 range per player.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Re: Two High End Sony Reference DVD players

Postby Blake_T » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:26 pm

took some pictures of these in preparation for posting them on craigslist. giving people here first dibs.

S7700:

Cables included with both players:
Blake_T

Postby Blake_T » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:02 pm

kinda bummed no one is interested in these.

considering the number of people that whine about needing videos to learn anything i would have guessed that selling a couple of the top performing players for still images/frame by frame and slow motion of all time for like $0.05 on the dollar would have gotten at least one person's attention.
Blake_T

Postby Blake_T » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:33 am

Selling a third player. Rearranged things here and I'm having to downsize. Dropped the price on the other two players as well.

Sony DVP-NS900V DVD/CD/SACD player. Very high end player that bridged the gap between the DVP-S9000ES and DVP-NS999ES players. Original MSRP was $899.

Video quality smokes 99% of players on the market and its CD/SACD playback is excellent.

Includes a set of Monster Ultra Series THX 1000 Component Video and Audio Cables.

$100
Blake_T

Postby Blake_T » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:01 pm

The S7000 and NS900V players have sold.

the S7700 is still available.
Blake_T

Return to Garage Sale