Discmania PD2 - CHAOS

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discmania PD2 - CHAOS

Postby what'shisname » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:43 am

I finally got a chance to play around with these in a field last night in some stiff winds. I've been looking for something to get me some more D than my CFR PD's into the wind and I think I've found that in the PD2's. I have a production run PPD2 and a couple Euro Open CPD2's. The EO's are beefy and don't turn at all for me into a strong headwind. My PPD2 will track right into the wind and then come back to finish pretty straight for me. They were very reliable for me in the wind last night and seemed to net me an extra 40-50' over my CPD's.

I don't think I'll throw them a lot, but they definitely fill a role I've been looking for.... max distance into a headwind.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Booter » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:17 am

Finally picked up some production pd2s. Since switching back to pd2s after tr3ing my forces for a good while,ive been happy with the predictabilty of the cpd2. I still have my proto I was using but wound up sticking a fresh production in the bag. Orange just like my proto,similar dome and feel.both fly the same and that makes me happy.

Though,i have seen flat cpd2s around in production runs,anybody throw those yet to see any difference from domey ones?
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Timko » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:23 am

I don't have a flat one, but I've got one of the AJ's in merlot that is super, super stiff. It's still mint, but feels like it's going to be a beefcake.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Joz » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:14 pm

Booter wrote:Finally picked up some production pd2s. Since switching back to pd2s after tr3ing my forces for a good while,ive been happy with the predictabilty of the cpd2. I still have my proto I was using but wound up sticking a fresh production in the bag. Orange just like my proto,similar dome and feel.both fly the same and that makes me happy.

Though,i have seen flat cpd2s around in production runs,anybody throw those yet to see any difference from domey ones?

I don't have any production C-PD2s, but I did pick up 3 of the CFR Euro Open C-PD2s. Two of them are uber domey (yellow and red) and the other is super flat (clear). The flat clear one has a noticeably higher PLH than the domey ones, so I assume this will be a meathook. The one I am currently using, my red one, was what everyone has described in terms of flight but its finally starting to beat in. I think its going to be a pretty sweet bomber when its settled in.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby rusch_bag » Wed May 25, 2011 6:46 pm

So how do the production C PD2s fly compared to the EO CPD2s? Also, has anyone beat in a P PD2 yet?
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Booter » Wed May 25, 2011 7:32 pm

everybody has been saying that eo's are beefier than productions but i havnt thrown a EO so i cant comment
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby discspeed » Wed May 25, 2011 7:38 pm

rusch_bag wrote:So how do the production C PD2s fly compared to the EO CPD2s?

They are a hair less HSS and LSS, but have more glide and a more forward fade. I have orange max weights because all the other colors of 175s were OVERweight. I throw my production CPD2 at least twice as often as my EO CPD2. BTW, this disc is really catching on among my friends, especially the FH dominant throwers.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby himynameismatt » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm a little late to the party but I just got my first P-PD2 yesterday. Bought it online and it's the Soft blend of P, kinda disappointed as I've read in this thread that it flies much more understable than the stiffer blend.

Meh. Oh well.

So I was quite surprised to see how deep the groove on the top is, the same one that destroyers have and PD's have to a lesser degree, it's quite noticeable especially compared to those two. Is this how all PD2's are or is mine a freak?
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Postby Booter » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:19 am

Just get a champ if you want it beefier

Btw. I threw my flat one and its less stable than the domey ones.
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby himynameismatt » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:04 pm

I don't need something as stable as the C-PD2's. I max Pro Destroyers out around 420' hoping for this to be a more stable version of that.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Postby Booter » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:07 pm

get a avery jenkins star destroyer or an echo star.
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Mike C » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:36 pm

speed differences aside how do the PD2's compare to QOLFS? If I wanted a faster QOLF would this be a good disc to try?
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby roman » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:28 pm

I picked up a C-PD2 at a tournament last weekend because their disc stock was lacking and I had funny money to burn through. It's marked 175 but I weighed it on my scale at 177. I think I accidentally found the disc that I've been looking for. This thing flies just like my beefy Z Predator, but it's much faster. I love it!
roman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jubuttib » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:48 am

himynameismatt wrote:So I was quite surprised to see how deep the groove on the top is, the same one that destroyers have and PD's have to a lesser degree, it's quite noticeable especially compared to those two. Is this how all PD2's are or is mine a freak?
Yeah, the groove is pretty severe in all of the wide rimmed anhyzer top discs (PD2 and DD2). It's less pronounced in premium plastics, but still pretty huge.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Booter » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:15 am

Any word on s line pd2s yet?
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment