Get Lit! (The Fuse Thread)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Fuse

Postby JR » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Which of the usual suspects hae you thrown? Comet? X palstic holds lines even better than Z.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11464
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Fuse

Postby jubuttib » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:41 am

DsmDisc wrote:I can't get enough of my fuse. A lot of you say the GL is a straight flyer, but the money shot with a GL is the slowly anny shot. I have yet to find any other disc that can even come close to holding a smooth slow turning anny like the Fuse. If you have a little obstacle or need just that ever-so-gradual anny, you will never find another disc that can do it better.

The one i have is a 180 gold GL. The golden disc only makes golden shots!
I take it you haven't tried a Comet?
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: Fuse

Postby khmer » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:46 am

Had my first ace of the year w/my 167 gl fuse last week, practicing for a tournament. Now if I can do the same thing today during the tournament would be nice :D
Giant x2 - King x4 - Sword x2 - Villain - Saint x2 - Saint Pro - Fury - xXx - Warship x3 - Sinus - Pure x3
khmer
Noob
User avatar
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:29 am

Re: Fuse

Postby DsmDisc » Mon May 02, 2011 3:44 pm

jubuttib wrote:
DsmDisc wrote:I can't get enough of my fuse. A lot of you say the GL is a straight flyer, but the money shot with a GL is the slowly anny shot. I have yet to find any other disc that can even come close to holding a smooth slow turning anny like the Fuse. If you have a little obstacle or need just that ever-so-gradual anny, you will never find another disc that can do it better.

The one i have is a 180 gold GL. The golden disc only makes golden shots!
I take it you haven't tried a Comet?



I have, but for some reason that disc just didn't agree with me. Granted my form was pretty awful when I was using it, but I just couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to. The Fuse agreed with me almost instantly.
KC/JK/DX Aviars
Fuse | Roc
Eagle | Teebird | Firebird
Archon | Pro Wraith | Destroyer
DsmDisc
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Des Moines
Favorite Disc: 06 Augusta Wraith

Re: Fuse

Postby jubuttib » Mon May 02, 2011 3:52 pm

Very possible, but when it comes to holding anhyzers the Fuse is a long way of from the Comet. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: Fuse

Postby bill » Mon May 02, 2011 4:08 pm

DsmDisc wrote:I have, but for some reason that disc just didn't agree with me. Granted my form was pretty awful when I was using it, but I just couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to. The Fuse agreed with me almost instantly.


i can throw my z comet ok, not great but ok. i can't throw my 175 GL fuse for shite. it turns and burns very easy. i have an OAT problem from time to time but it's not all that bad. i always figured i got a lemon fuse but i'm scared to spend another 16 bucks.
flow pd eagle leopard axis rattler ion
bill
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:42 pm
Location: kansas city
Favorite Disc: eagle

Re: Fuse

Postby turso » Mon May 02, 2011 6:47 pm

The fuse likes a lot of wrist control, if I throw it flat, full power and give it a bit nose down, it'll turnover bit too easily for my taste, but just a tad of nose up and it's pretty straight. I like the z-comet over the fuse because I don't need to fiddle with the nose angle quite that much.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.


NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions
User avatar
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Re: Fuse

Postby JR » Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 am

DsmDisc wrote:
jubuttib wrote:
DsmDisc wrote:I can't get enough of my fuse. A lot of you say the GL is a straight flyer, but the money shot with a GL is the slowly anny shot. I have yet to find any other disc that can even come close to holding a smooth slow turning anny like the Fuse. If you have a little obstacle or need just that ever-so-gradual anny, you will never find another disc that can do it better.

The one i have is a 180 gold GL. The golden disc only makes golden shots!
I take it you haven't tried a Comet?



I have, but for some reason that disc just didn't agree with me. Granted my form was pretty awful when I was using it, but I just couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to. The Fuse agreed with me almost instantly.


Have you thrown a Comet recently and better yet side by side with the Fuse?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11464
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Fuse

Postby discspeed » Tue May 03, 2011 8:20 am

The Comet and Fuse aren't all that similar. I can't use a Comet for what I use my Fuse for. The Comet doesn't flip for me...When I see a gap I want to slide through on a hyzer angle and then slowly flip to flat or over throughout the flight, the Fuse is my disc. The Fuse is for turning shots where the Comet is a line holder. I love throwing the Comet, but it's a weird disc and doesn't fit in any bag I've ever carried...
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Fuse

Postby Wyno » Tue May 03, 2011 9:14 am

discspeed wrote:When I see a gap I want to slide through on a hyzer angle and then slowly flip to flat or over throughout the flight


That's what your x comet is for, I would agree if you only talked about new z comets though-
Late turn is one of the main reasons why I always bring a comet
Mark Ellis wrote:Most sins can be erased with a blunt edged disc.

Main Bag: Z Surge SS, Z Pred, N Volt, E Vector, N Axis, P Ion, P Anode. Touch bag: XLs, Comets, Rattlers
Wyno
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:56 am
Location: Lurkerville
Favorite Disc: MVP Anode

Re: Fuse

Postby Peot » Wed May 11, 2011 6:59 pm

Der Alte wrote:I have a couple of GL Fuses and at the moment I totally hate those! I have no slightest idea how to throw these to get them fly as they should be?! The normal fly pattern is straight about 200' and then Fuse starts to turn very hard to right and crashes and burns. Every single time so I'm pretty frustrated. I can throw my Ions and Jokeri about 260'-280' and ProD and Z Buzzz about 290'-300'. Please give me an advice what I should do? Throw a nice finesse shot, yank really hard or melt these Fuses together with some other discs that I don't like.


I was experiencing this a couple times over my past few rounds and I think it's just from laying into them. I can throw putters straight for 230-250', so I don't think it's OAT for me either.

As for the Fuse, I bought a 176g GL around Christmas and it's becoming my favorite mid. I've thrown Buzzzes since I started playing, but I feel like Fuse/MD2 (or something else) will suit me much better. The lack of glide on the Buzzz has been killing me. I'm thinking something along the lines of GL Fuse/Opto Fuse/S-MD2/C-MD2 to run the gamut of stabilities (I think there might be some overlap between an opto Fuse and an S-MD2 so I might have to test these out.)
Peot
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:58 pm

Re: Fuse

Postby khmer » Thu May 12, 2011 1:57 pm

bill wrote:
DsmDisc wrote:I have, but for some reason that disc just didn't agree with me. Granted my form was pretty awful when I was using it, but I just couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to. The Fuse agreed with me almost instantly.


i can throw my z comet ok, not great but ok. i can't throw my 175 GL fuse for shite. it turns and burns very easy. i have an OAT problem from time to time but it's not all that bad. i always figured i got a lemon fuse but i'm scared to spend another 16 bucks.


I'll take the gl fuse off your hand for ya, especially if you're not throwing it :D
Giant x2 - King x4 - Sword x2 - Villain - Saint x2 - Saint Pro - Fury - xXx - Warship x3 - Sinus - Pure x3
khmer
Noob
User avatar
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:29 am

Re: Fuse

Postby bill » Thu May 12, 2011 2:04 pm

khmer wrote:
bill wrote:
DsmDisc wrote:I have, but for some reason that disc just didn't agree with me. Granted my form was pretty awful when I was using it, but I just couldn't get it to do what I wanted it to. The Fuse agreed with me almost instantly.


i can throw my z comet ok, not great but ok. i can't throw my 175 GL fuse for shite. it turns and burns very easy. i have an OAT problem from time to time but it's not all that bad. i always figured i got a lemon fuse but i'm scared to spend another 16 bucks.


I'll take the gl fuse off your hand for ya, especially if you're not throwing it :D



oh i still try to throw it. it helps to show my bad form.
flow pd eagle leopard axis rattler ion
bill
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:42 pm
Location: kansas city
Favorite Disc: eagle

Re: Fuse

Postby discspeed » Thu May 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Fuses pretty much REQUIRE a clean and controlled hyzer release for any line off the tee without a tailwind. It's a turning disc...When the turn happens just depends on the amount of hyzer on your release and how hard you throw it.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Fuse

Postby Shank » Thu May 12, 2011 8:41 pm

They are nice because they get that super late turn, though.
Magic + Wizard + Fuse + Roc + River + Teebird + ????????
Shank
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:45 am
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Favorite Disc: The lake ate it

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests