looking for some tips/advice

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

looking for some tips/advice

Postby throwinrocs » Wed May 18, 2011 6:16 pm

I just filmed this in a field earlier today. I'm interested to here what I could do to improve my form/distance. The wind was very calm, so it was not really a factor. The discs I threw in order are: Beat esp surge(380 ft.), Two Champion Archons(390ft), Pro Destroyer on a hyzer(350ft.), Two.Glow Gazelles(340ft) on slight hyzers. Any advice is encouraged. I'd love to hear what I should work on. I'm happy with my distance, but I know I could push it more, and I already have over the past couple months. I also had a throw that I felt I griplocked, but it went 405 with the archon across the football field and into the baseball field. That one was not on camera, but it trailed off right more than I would like.
DestroyerSurgeArchonGazelleEXP1RocFuseWizard
throwinrocs
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: looking for some tips/advice

Postby ferretdance03 » Wed May 18, 2011 6:20 pm

Is that measured? I can't give a lot of advice from this video angle, but the one thing that sticks out to me is that you're reaching back under your left arm. You limit your hip/torso rotation by doing that.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby throwinrocs » Wed May 18, 2011 6:22 pm

Yes, it was measured. I was throwing on the football field by my house. That is the one thing I've been told before. I don't know why I do that though. Ive been trying to work on that, but I always revert back to it for some reason.
throwinrocs
Noob

Postby JR » Thu May 19, 2011 9:24 am

You keep the torso centered all the time. In the reach back you should twist the hips and shoulders to the left and in the throw after getting the elbow forward to the right pec position you should twist the hips then the shoulders to the right of neutral. You'll get more distance once you get body control and timing working with turning the back to the target and pointing both feet away from the target in the x step. If you also have good timing. It may take months to learn that depending on how good your balance and muscle power are. Some are just naturals at this others will have train.

If you move the left arm forward faster than the body once the torso starts to turn to the target from facing 90 degrees to the left of the target it will speed up the turning toward the target a little. That means more power.

You plant the final step left of the line you were running on that tilts your whole body thus the disc too to an anhyzer angle.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby throwinrocs » Tue May 24, 2011 12:42 am

I've been working on turning my shoulders and hips more away from the target, and also keeping my left ARM down to get a better reach back. I will get more videos up soon. Is there any other advice that would be helpful to me now? I'm losing a little distance by trying these things, but I know that is only temporary till I get all the mechanics back together.
throwinrocs
Noob

Postby ArcheType » Tue May 24, 2011 1:23 am

if you want to add something else to change already, you're not opening with your hips much, if at all. You want to rotate your hips first, then through to the torse, and finally pull through. I'll show you what I mean in person next time we play if that isn't clear enough.
ArcheType
Noob

Favorite Disc: Voodoo<3

Return to Video Critique