Michigan Bachelor Party

Give your questions or comments on your favorite or least favorite courses, locations, etc.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Michigan Bachelor Party

Postby cfair » Thu May 19, 2011 1:21 am

Howdy fellas! My best man is putting together a trip into michigan and wanted to see if any of you fellas wanted to join us for a round at The Ponds, Black Lotus, or Toboggan. We may hit other courses but we'll probably play 3-4 courses total then finish the day at Founder's Brewery for final "round" and dinner. There may also be "side trips" but we'll leave that to speculation

So if anyone is interested let me know and I'll get details to you. Or if you know anyone in the area to contact let me know. I think we'd like a Pro player to join us and maybe do some teaching but we'll see how everything goes. And maybe some wrestling.
cfair
Tree Magnet

Re: Michigan Bachelor Party

Postby Robin Hood » Thu May 19, 2011 4:49 am

the courses you mentioned are not close to Founders Brewing Co. a solid 2.5 hrs. away. If your gonna be out that way go to SW MI courses like Oshtemo, Coldbrook, Victory Park, and Fallasberg
Force/Tracker/Hornet/Buzzz/Comet/Zone/Challenger
Robin Hood
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Apothecary » Thu May 19, 2011 5:22 am

fallasberg is a really nice course.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby isobar » Thu May 19, 2011 10:53 am

I had a friend get married last year, and his bachelor party we drove to Kensington Park for DG at black locust, then went across the street and hung out at the beach and played volleyball. Had to keep all our alcohol in the car, as they didn't allow any on the beach sadly.

But yeah, founders brewery is Grand rapids area I believe, where as the courses are Detroit area, at least Black Locus and The farm. Not sure about the third. I live about 10 minutes away from Black locust, and it's definitely worth playing. but if you are looking to end up at Founders, then you want to head out to Grand rapids and play some of the courses out there.

If you are making a road trip out of this, i would suggest skipping playing multiple courses and just drive to Flip City, and hit up Founders on your way back.
isobar
Noob

Favorite Disc: Surge

Postby Flipflat » Thu May 19, 2011 12:28 pm

cfair wrote:Howdy fellas! My best man is putting together a trip into michigan and wanted to see if any of you fellas wanted to join us for a round at The Ponds, Black Lotus, or Toboggan. We may hit other courses but we'll probably play 3-4 courses total then finish the day at Founder's Brewery for final "round" and dinner. There may also be "side trips" but we'll leave that to speculation

So if anyone is interested let me know and I'll get details to you. Or if you know anyone in the area to contact let me know. I think we'd like a Pro player to join us and maybe do some teaching but we'll see how everything goes. And maybe some wrestling.

Is the Toboggan open right now?

Also when you say "The Ponds" do you mean The Ponds at Lakeshore? If so, I'd skip it, it's just an old ball golf course converted to disc golf. It's ok, but wouldn't be worth the trip if you're coming from out of town. I'd suggest hitting up Black Lotus at Kensington and then the two courses at Hudson Mills. They're probably a half hour apart, and you could probably blow the whole day (if you started in the morning) between the two of them.

Founder's in on the other side of the state, but there's a whole bunch of micro breweries in the metro detroit and ann arbor area.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby cfair » Thu May 19, 2011 11:00 pm

we definitely want to hit Founders, KBS is on tap at the moment. But the reason I said Ponds (yes at Lakeshore) is because the throw shop is right there and Ben and Terry may hook us up with someone who is willing to teach us to play better. Anyway we'd hit the store in order to gear up anything we want. But yeah, courses near the brewery would be good.

Is one of the Hudson Mills courses The Monster?
cfair
Tree Magnet

Postby fullnelson » Fri May 20, 2011 3:29 am

cfair wrote:Is one of the Hudson Mills courses The Monster?

Yep!
fullnelson
Noob

Favorite Disc: Saturn Comet

Postby Wrathchild » Fri May 20, 2011 4:24 am

Go south on US-131 from Grand Rapids until you hit the 84th street/Byron Center exit. Take a left and head east. Just past the 2nd light, (Division) you will come up to Brewer Park. Its on the left. The 36hole disc park is all the way in back. Just follow the drive way.

I live in Hudsonville myself. The course here isn't too bad. Kinda short. I think the largest hole is 300ft. But it's all wooded too.

As far as Brewer, I head there with my girlfriend to play. She lives close to it. This weekend I'll be going to the Holland course @ Winstrom Preserve. That's heavily wooded there. With, maybe 1 somewhat open hole. Saugatuck is another course I highly recommend. It's on the backside of the Felt Mansion. It's my favorite course. Plus, when your done, you can take the trails back to Lake Michigan to cool off :)

There's also the PDGA website course directory. Just enter Grand Rapids for your city, and you'll see all the close ones. The is a bunch around here.
Wrathchild
Noob

Favorite Disc: Z Glo Nuke

Postby Robin Hood » Fri May 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Brewer sucks so does Riverside. If your gonna be in GR play Fallasberg. If you wanna make a day trip and hit Founders head north and play Flip and the Mason county courses.
Force/Tracker/Hornet/Buzzz/Comet/Zone/Challenger
Robin Hood
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby colombo117 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:47 am

I second hitting Flip City and the Mason County Courses, then hitting Founders.
Ion Challenger Roc EL/EX QJLS Valkyrie Predator
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Return to Courses