Creative Jacket Storage

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Creative Jacket Storage

Postby emiller3 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:44 am

Has anyone thought about a creative solution for storing a light weight jacket on your Quads? I'm thinking about something like the rainfly straps that Fade makes, but for a jacket instead of a rainfly.

I mostly play in the morning and I have to start off with a jacket. If I could come up with a system to attach a rolled up jacket to my Quads, it would free up my Chimp's big pocket for 3 more backup and practice discs, which I'm in need of now that it's tourney time. If I could protect said jacket from getting dirty when I drop the quads on the ground, that would be even better.

Some kind of velcro loops or cinching straps attached to each rear quad strap would be a start...I don't have sewing skills though.
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Creative Jacket Storage

Postby ferretdance03 » Wed May 18, 2011 6:32 pm

I had pieces of hiking boot laces tied to the plastic pieces on my Quads for this purpose exactly. I upgraded to two pieces of bungee velcro that worked just as well.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby JR » Thu May 19, 2011 9:45 am

http://www.chillcheater.com/aqshop/cata ... hp?id=1836 click the link on how the Pertex jacket looks like. The jacket is quick to wrap to palm size and to open back up again. If you have a caribeneer you can put the jacket hanging by the rubber band closing the pouch. Mountaineers and kayakers use that jacket. It's super light and unobstructive to throwing too. Somewhat breathing for a heavy sweating person but stops the wind. Being overweight the size is very tight for me compared to other jackets so check the manufacturer for measurements for yourself. It's not overly expensive and it rocks. It won't stop long hard rain but shorter drizzles don't penetrate it. Actually light rain for 90 minutes in one session didn't penetrate. It wicks sweat away fairly well. Not nearly as well as a technical shirt alone though. I love mine.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Mark Ellis » Sun May 22, 2011 5:14 am

emiller3 wrote:Has anyone thought about a creative solution for storing a light weight jacket on your Quads? I'm thinking about something like the rainfly straps that Fade makes, but for a jacket instead of a rainfly.

I mostly play in the morning and I have to start off with a jacket. If I could come up with a system to attach a rolled up jacket to my Quads, it would free up my Chimp's big pocket for 3 more backup and practice discs, which I'm in need of now that it's tourney time. If I could protect said jacket from getting dirty when I drop the quads on the ground, that would be even better.

Some kind of velcro loops or cinching straps attached to each rear quad strap would be a start...I don't have sewing skills though.

You framed the answer in your question. Don't attach your jacket to the quads, rather carry them ON your quads. Your quads attach to your bags with caribeeners. So when you remove your jacket during the round, zip the jacket up, unclip the two caribeeners on top of the bag, slide the jacket over the quad shocks (through the bottom opening and up through the arm slots) then reclip the quads to your bag. It takes less than a minute to do. It is sort of like dressing a store maniquin.

I figured this out a couple years ago and it works well. You need to slide the jacket up and down to carry the bag or to get discs in and out but this is easily done. Since I normally carry a camping stool to sit my bag on anyway, it keeps both my bag and jacket out of the dirt. Even if you don't use a stool, the jacket is secured to the top of the bag and this keeps it out of the dirt as much as your quads are.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby emiller3 » Sun May 22, 2011 10:01 pm

^^^ Awesome, why did I not think of that? I'll try it out tomorrow. I was looking at little storage solutions at REI but nothing quite fit the bill. I've got a tourney this weekend and the weather here has been up and down, so thanks for the timely reply.
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby AikoAdam » Thu May 26, 2011 4:33 am

I have a packable raincoat that folds inside itself and zips up into about 7" x 4" x 1 1/2". I imagine you could just clip it on with a caribeener.
I go north. The sun here burns my eyes.
AikoAdam
Noob

Favorite Disc: Star Teebird

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear