ArcheType's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

ArcheType's Bag

Postby ArcheType » Tue May 24, 2011 11:15 am

Distance (360-380+)
PPD: Long bombs, hyzer flips, some anhyzers
SPD: Stable drives, some headwind shots, hyzers, and thumbers
Glow Destroyer: Spike hyzers, serious headwind shots, and my go-to mask my crap FH form disc

Fairways: (350-380)
Opto Trident: Spike hyzers, headwinds, really heavy fade shots
Glow gazelles: Straight, hyzers, slight annys, just in between the other 2 fairways
DX Gazelles: straight shots, annys, turnovers, my go to for tailwind drives (1 mildly seasoned and 1 pretty beat)

Mids: (300-340)
ESP and Z Buzzzes: straight shots, slight hyzers, more/less fade,
ESP Meteor: big annys, long hyzer flips, sharp turnovers, tailwind
Z Hornets: hyzers, windy shots, really heavy fade shots

Putters: (300 and below)
SSS Voodoo: really beat up, annys, right fading turnovers
SSS Voodoo: go to putt and approach discs, as well as straight drives
HPP Evo Voodoo: more overstable upshots, hyzers, longer straight drives

Distances are (Average-Good day). I'm currently toying around with a cfr am worlds archon, not sure if it's gonna stick around just yet. Also, I've found that as I can push my putters out farther and farther, I find myself reaching for the buzzz less, is this normal? I've realized I end up pulling out the hornet/meteor more often to cover lines that are tough for me to get out of putters, but not as often the buzzz.

Also, my best drives in open field shots usually cap in the 400'-420'
ArcheType
Noob

Favorite Disc: Voodoo<3

Re: ArcheType's Bag

Postby JR » Wed May 25, 2011 4:40 am

I got my Archon yesterday and was tired when i threw it in winds so i can't tell how long it is gonna be. What i can say is that there are probably longer discs around that you could use to improve your max D. X or Z Nuke and some broken in states of DD2s are longer than Destroyers at your power.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby ArcheType » Wed May 25, 2011 12:26 pm

Yeah, the Destroyer isn't my distance disc, at least not in glow plastic. The archon is surprisingly long for me, a good bit longer than my PDs, I'm just not as consistent with it yet. I've given Z Nukes a few tries, and never really cared for them, I may have to check out an ESP or X though.
ArcheType
Noob

Postby JR » Thu May 26, 2011 3:45 am

I haven't thrown other ESP Nukes than first runs which are more HSS and LSS than Z. I've heard later ESPs are different from first runs. X Nuke flips more than Z and have the same fade when new. X needs less power to stay turned over equally high percentage of the flight or at the same power stays turned over longer than Z.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu May 26, 2011 7:24 am

Get an X nuke, those things bomb for people in your power level (me).

Also how much difference do you get between that beef glow destroyer and trident? I would imagine they are pretty close on everything but skip.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby ArcheType » Thu May 26, 2011 11:15 am

The biggest differences are with overhands. I get anywhere 50'-80' more distance from the destroyer. Also, the destroyer gives me a longer range for spike hyzers, its just less accurate. I try to use the trident as often as I can, but I'm aware when I can't make it.

Oddly enough I actually prefer the trident for skips, not sure if that's normal or not.
ArcheType
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion