Get Lit! (The Fuse Thread)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Fuse

Postby Apothecary » Fri May 27, 2011 3:25 pm

oat your comets much? :P
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby jubuttib » Fri May 27, 2011 4:15 pm

BrotherDave wrote:All the Comets I've thrown were more understable than my Fuses. My 179 GL is basically a reborn CE QMS and my 177 Opto that's very seasoned is easy hyzer flip straight. They lock onto lines better than any mid I've thrown.
And all the Fuses I've tried were more understable than my Z Comet. Not by a huge margin, but they do turn more. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby BrotherDave » Fri May 27, 2011 8:36 pm

Apothecary wrote:oat your comets much? :P

Says the guy that thinks Z Comets are flippy. :lol:
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby Apothecary » Fri May 27, 2011 8:39 pm

in comparison to my 182g esp it is. :P
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Postby discspeed » Sat May 28, 2011 8:54 am

Apothecary wrote:come to think of it i cant think of a primo plastic mid thats more understable than the fuse. the cool thing about them, though, is that they flip x degrees and then stay there, not flipping more and not fighting out of the angle they lock into.

I totally agree with this. I've tested heavy Optos that were seemingly stable initially, but after only a week or two of use they fly like every other Fuse I've thrown...Understable. The orange 177 GL in my bag has been there since the Fuse first came out...I lost it for a couple of weeks and broke out my identical backup. In my mind I had thought that my Fuse was quite seasoned, but actually it was only a touch less stable than it had been brand new. I'll throw it flat for approaches from about 200' and in, but outside of that it will have high speed turn.

The Fuse is the first truly understable premium plastic disc I've thrown since the discontinued Z Breeze. Even my Meteors needed some seasoning to hold a turn like a new GL Fuse. It's really key to have an understable mid that is easily replaceable if lost.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby LumberJack » Sat May 28, 2011 10:28 am

Flat stalls with the Fuse... mmm soooo yummy. Just pop it nose up and it finishes with just a trickle of a fade. Don't get me wrong, I put the comets in the bag every now and again. And I'll pull the Fuse out of the bag and put my seasoned Rocs back in sometimes too, but the Fuse and I just ching! Cha-cha-cha-Chains baby! Haven't aced with my Fuse yet but i've wrecked all sorts of chains with it. I have a couple of optos and they seasoned up pretty quick but have stayed in the state they are in for quite a while now. I hope they stay that way for a long time to come. So, instead of carrying 3-4 Rocs I carry 1 Fuse and 1 Vector now. I'm going to try a Pain because the Vector and i haven't really clicked yet.
Pure, Rhyno, Roc, Saint, QOLF, Astra, Quasar, Predator

People deserve the government they get. Why? Because they haven't learned to govern themselves.
LumberJack
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby BrotherDave » Sat May 28, 2011 6:49 pm

discspeed wrote:The Fuse is the first truly understable premium plastic disc I've thrown since the discontinued Z Breeze.

I swear to god, if you make another Fuse/Breeze comparison I will drive down to FL and stab you.

As soon as gas prices go down that is. :| :wink:
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Postby DsmDisc » Sat May 28, 2011 8:26 pm

discspeed wrote:
Apothecary wrote:come to think of it i cant think of a primo plastic mid thats more understable than the fuse. the cool thing about them, though, is that they flip x degrees and then stay there, not flipping more and not fighting out of the angle they lock into.

I totally agree with this. I've tested heavy Optos that were seemingly stable initially, but after only a week or two of use they fly like every other Fuse I've thrown...Understable. The orange 177 GL in my bag has been there since the Fuse first came out...I lost it for a couple of weeks and broke out my identical backup. In my mind I had thought that my Fuse was quite seasoned, but actually it was only a touch less stable than it had been brand new. I'll throw it flat for approaches from about 200' and in, but outside of that it will have high speed turn.

The Fuse is the first truly understable premium plastic disc I've thrown since the discontinued Z Breeze. Even my Meteors needed some seasoning to hold a turn like a new GL Fuse. It's really key to have an understable mid that is easily replaceable if lost.

I completely agree as well. The best thing about them is exactly what Apothecary said, they hold the angle they lock in to. Put it into an anny and it is not fading back unless you put it nose up or high in the sky. Between my Rocs (which seems to hold hyzer-to-straight lines the same way the fuse holds straight-to-anny lines) and my fuses, I don't see another mid getting put in my bag for a very long time. There is no shot out there that I throw mids on that, between these two discs, I cannot accomplish.
KC/JK/DX Aviars
Fuse | Roc
Eagle | Teebird | Firebird
Archon | Pro Wraith | Destroyer
DsmDisc
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 06 Augusta Wraith

Postby Apothecary » Sat May 28, 2011 9:08 pm

i agree with apothecary as well. he just knows so much! how does he contain it all?!?
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat May 28, 2011 9:18 pm

So I threw a fuse again the other day and I think what messes with me with this disc is that it is fairly fast but the turn on it is very slow so by the time it starts turning, it's already past where it needs to turn.

Also the fuse is def more understable than Z or ESP comets.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Apothecary » Sat May 28, 2011 9:23 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:So I threw a fuse again the other day and I think what messes with me with this disc is that it is fairly fast but the turn on it is very slow so by the time it starts turning, it's already past where it needs to turn.

why not throw it with less hyzer?
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat May 28, 2011 9:34 pm

I just decided to throw comets.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby BrotherDave » Sat May 28, 2011 10:59 pm

Oh okay I see, so one way or another everyone is full of shit because everyone's first impressions of the Fuse was "just like a Comet!," "Great HSS!," "versatile, works great as a stand alone mid!"

So either you guys are really shitty on giving first reviews of discs or you waffle more than Joe Lieberman?
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Postby what'shisname » Sat May 28, 2011 11:13 pm

I think most if not all first impressions mentioned that the fuse was a good bit faster than a comet.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Powdertoast » Sun May 29, 2011 1:12 am

I don't think the Fuse is faster, but it is longer for me than a Comet. I don't turn and burn a Fuse as easily as a Comet. Most importantly for me, I have a better feel for a Fuse's flight than a Comet's. I thought the Fuse was a great standalone mid when I first started working with it, but eventually dropped it, worked some other mids, and just added it back in to complement my Vector. Ion for short mid shots, Fuse or Vector for longer ones depending on the line, that's how I roll these days. Subject to change, yadda yadda.
Cinderella story. Outta nowhere.... It looks like a mirac... It's in the chains!
Powdertoast
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Vector

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment