Bag of a Wrathchild

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Bag of a Wrathchild

Postby Wrathchild » Thu May 19, 2011 11:55 pm

I could of swore I did one of these threads already, but after a quick search of my posts....nada. and here we go:::

Main Drivers:
175---Z Glo Nuke.
175---ESP Nuke.
172---Pro Starfire. This will come out soon. I just never got a feeling for it.
175---Star Wraith.
169---Champion Beast.
170---DX Wraith.
173?--Champion Valkyrie. Was my favorite main driver for a looong time.
173?--Champion Sidewinder. My main tomahawk disc. Mainly because its all beat to shit, But still flys great as a tomahawk.

Midrange:
161---DX Cheetah. Mainly an extra for a friend that may need a disc. I use it rarely.
???---Cyclone2. I found it years ago. Has the Grateful Dead symbol on it...so its for anyone needing a disc to use. It's beat pretty good. So I may use it on a horrid line.
180---Star Mako. I love this. Never thought I'd find a replacement for my retired Millennium QMS.
175---Z Wasp. I'm really digging the hyzer shots I can pull with this one. I love it.

Putters:

???---APX Elite Pro. My main putter. I found it my first year playing. Heavy enough so the wind wont effect it too much.
175---Star Aviar Driver. I was looking for good putter I could drive with on short holes. I like it so far.
171---DX Aviar. Another extra disc for anyone that's short handed. And a practice disc too.

Comments and feedback welcome. But know this, I was never able to afford to put a bunch of money into my bag until now. So no laughing at what I got. Lol.

I do want to get some more overstable discs since I mainly FH. I only BH on midranges. I plan on getting a Star Firebird for those headwinds. What other damn good FH discs should I get or try?
Wrathchild
Noob

Favorite Disc: Z Glo Nuke

Re: Bag of a Wrathchild

Postby Wrathchild » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:56 am

UPDATE 6/1/11:

Main Drivers:
175---Z Glo Nuke.
171---Z Nuke.
173---Z Nuke.
175---ESP Nuke.
175---Z Surge SS.
170---Z Flick.
175---Star Wraith.
169---Champion Beast.
170---DX Wraith.
173?--Champion Valkyrie.
173?--Champion Sidewinder.

Midrange:
161---DX Cheetah.
180---Star Mako.
175---Z Wasp.

Putters:

???---APX Elite Pro.
175---Star Aviar Driver.
171---DX Aviar.

I took out the Cyclone2 Deadhead stamp disc, and hung it on a wall in my place. It's officially retired. And, I gave away the Pro Starfire.

I added 2 Z Nukes. 2 different weights on purpose. Also, added the Z Surge SS. This has some nice glide to it once it comes out of an anhyzer FH shot. Seems pretty effortless to get some easy distance with it too. Reminded me of throwing a Nuke for the 1st time. Also, added the Z Flick.

Question about the Flick. How the hell do you FH that disc?? I tried using my typical grip, which is index finger pad on inside rim, and middle finger above it, with pad on rim. I've heard ppl refer to it as a power throwing grip for FH ppl. When I throw it that way, it just leaves my hand way early and i just mess up the shot. Could be because of the narrow ass rim on the thing. yeesh. I tried Mark Ellis' grip, and that seemed to be the way to go, but I'm also still getting used to that grip as well. Is there a certain grip I should use on the Flick on FH shots ?
Wrathchild
Noob

Favorite Disc: Z Glo Nuke

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion