VictorB video drive

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

VictorB video drive

Postby victorb » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:22 pm

victorb wrote:didn't want to make my own thread for this, but it might be one of the only drives I have that's actually on video.

footage from our Bluebird Championship Series (Regional Tour, qualifies into a state championship)

only shot of mine on the video is at 8:29. Throwing a 172 Goldline Flow in a pretty big tailwind. Angle for drive analysis isn't that good, but it is what it is.

I originally posted this in the technique section like a dummy.

Anyway, in this shot I'm trying to flip the disc from flat in a pretty substantial tailwind. Brutalysis go.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: VictorB video drive

Postby Craig Smolin » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:04 pm

better form than 95% of the players on that video ... just ... brutal technique to watch on a wide open crusher course ...

looked like you came through a bit fast, maybe a later release than you intended? Maybe a bit right of the line that you wanted? Hard to tell. Audible snap, and good acceleration. I'll keep it simple and say to focus on a better hip turn away from your target, as it might help you to slow down just enough to hit your line.

I recently added a slight elbow forward push on my line before reaching back, and it's helped me hit my lines better and also to not accelerate my arm forward too quickly.
The University of Michigan - "Hail to the Victors" - Class of '99
Drivers: TLs, Sidewinders, Wraiths
Mid-ranges: Shark, Meteor, Buzzz, Wasp
Putters: Wizards
Craig Smolin
Tree Magnet

Postby victorb » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:15 pm

Much appreciated. Could you explain a little more about the elbow bend? I can't picture in my mind what you're talking about.

I typically have a tough time throwing distance type drives on natural teepads, I just feel so off balance the whole time. Normally I just try to throw more controlled fairway drives, but that particular hole and distance was too tempting!
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby JR » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:46 am

Hitting at the target with the elbow. Elbow closer to the target than the right side. My guess.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Video Critique