150 Lovers

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby Dookville » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:16 pm

I agree, not so much the crushing D that you can get with ease, but the HSS is very nice. It's nice to throw a nice laser that just doesn't move off line. I've thrown nose down short shots with the Leopard that hit so flat they skip and take off again. I have improved my throwing with heavier weight discs just because I have been able to work things out with 150's getting my technique down. I have been able to slow my arm speed down and work on my snap at the hit and then slowly increase the speed and weight, been a great training tool. Then you fall in love with what you can do with a 150 and it stays in the bag.
"JimW wrote:
Every time I've ever tried to implement any of the advice from on here to get more distance on my drives it has ended up wrecking my game completely for a while.
Dookville
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:42 am
Favorite Disc: PAIN

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby marmoset » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Say it loud, say it proud!
Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic. ~Author Unknown
marmoset
King of Calipers
User avatar
 
Posts: 2813
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 10:23 am
Location: 24073

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby fanter » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:28 pm

I tried out my first 149 SEX today. Like butter!


Edit: I guess I should be a bit more thorough. It flew as I'd hoped it would- a tad straighter (longer) than my heavier *EX and so much more easily. I didn't turn it over at all but it looked like it wanted to flip a couple times. I imagine that the HSS will beat out eventually but I don't see that causing much of an issue since I need a lower HSS fairway driver. I was throwing in light crosswinds and didn't notice much negative effect on the flight. It glides way better than my heavier Eagles. I'll definitely keep it in the bag and maybe seek out a lightweight mid also.
fanter
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:38 pm
Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby Dookville » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:07 pm

fanter wrote:I tried out my first 149 SEX today. Like butter!


Edit: I guess I should be a bit more thorough. It flew as I'd hoped it would- a tad straighter (longer) than my heavier *EX and so much more easily. I didn't turn it over at all but it looked like it wanted to flip a couple times. I imagine that the HSS will beat out eventually but I don't see that causing much of an issue since I need a lower HSS fairway driver. I was throwing in light crosswinds and didn't notice much negative effect on the flight. It glides way better than my heavier Eagles. I'll definitely keep it in the bag and maybe seek out a lightweight mid also.

Another convert.....welcome to the fold.
"JimW wrote:
Every time I've ever tried to implement any of the advice from on here to get more distance on my drives it has ended up wrecking my game completely for a while.
Dookville
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:42 am
Favorite Disc: PAIN

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby NoLifeLeft » Thu May 12, 2011 10:44 pm

I decided that I should crack out the old 150 bag for a few rounds to see how my form is holding up. Ordered myself a 150g Pro D Force, anyone tried these yet? I haven't heard any mention of them.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1655
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:13 pm
Location: Winchester, VA
Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby Monocacy » Fri May 13, 2011 6:09 am

Still happily throwing 150 drivers. I don't throw faaaar, but I have yet to meet a headwind that will bother a 150 Champ Teebird thrown on a low hyzer. Throwing into a 20-30 mph headwind the other night at leagues, I was the only one in my group to clear the pond (hole #9 at Woodsboro). Everyone else turned and burned their heavy drivers into the mucky water.

fanter wrote:I tried out my first 149 SEX today. Like butter!

Shameless self-promotion: I happen to have an orange 148 Star Eagle and a few 150 Eagle-L's on my trade list . . .
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:05 pm
Location: Maryland
Favorite Disc: Clutch

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby fanter » Fri May 13, 2011 11:38 am

fanter wrote:I tried out my first 149 SEX today. Like butter!

Shameless self-promotion: I happen to have an orange 148 Star Eagle and a few 150 Eagle-L's on my trade list . . .[/quote]


Don't tempt me...I just sold back some books since the semester is over and I'm sitting on a little extra cash...



Edit: Quote fail.
fanter
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:38 pm
Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby Monocacy » Fri May 13, 2011 12:56 pm

fanter wrote:
Monocacy wrote:
fanter wrote:I tried out my first 149 SEX today. Like butter!

Shameless self-promotion: I happen to have an orange 148 Star Eagle and a few 150 Eagle-L's on my trade list . . .

Don't tempt me...I just sold back some books since the semester is over and I'm sitting on a little extra cash...

Oh, gosh, the last think I want to do is tempt you to buy a buttery-sweet 148 Eagle with cash that you just happen to have sitting around . . . :roll: . . . but send me a PM if you change your mind. :lol:
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 550
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:05 pm
Location: Maryland
Favorite Disc: Clutch

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby Rogue9 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:55 pm

So I just read through the whole thread. What is a good max D driver in 150? is DX wraith about it?
Rogue9
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: Lakeport, Ca
Favorite Disc: MVP Axis

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby bill » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:24 pm

Rogue9 wrote:So I just read through the whole thread. What is a good max D driver in 150? is DX wraith about it?


teebird is pretty sweet. s-pd of course.

i bet a leopard would be nice but slow. high plh sidewinder?
flow pd eagle leopard axis rattler ion
bill
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:42 pm
Location: kansas city
Favorite Disc: eagle

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby Rogue9 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:30 pm

So, I am thinking of getting 2 S PDs, 2 P PDs with the intent that one or eventually both the Ps will become turnovers. The S PDs should handle most wind if thrown properly correct? For massive winds I have a heavy Pred. I throw a 168 star TL for alot of my drives at my home course, but can't really find anything other than a winder in 150 class that flies similar. I was thinking of a 150 Valk for my young son, and now maybe even using it myself. Rocs and wizards to round the bag out. So for all out D I was thinking Dx wraith in 150.
Rogue9
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: Lakeport, Ca
Favorite Disc: MVP Axis

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby Rogue9 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:44 pm

one other question I had after reading this thread. Distance should be the same as heavy weight discs, just less effort, more effect by the wind, and better technique required?
And I have seen the Pro/con list in the thread.
Rogue9
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: Lakeport, Ca
Favorite Disc: MVP Axis

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby dgfanatic7 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:18 am

there are 150 z flicks now, since z is more stable than esp, a great choice
Check out my Trade Thread!:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25744
dgfanatic7
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 327
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:53 pm
Favorite Disc: Xcaliber

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby Smyith » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:42 am

Rogue9 wrote:one other question I had after reading this thread. Distance should be the same as heavy weight discs, just less effort, more effect by the wind, and better technique required?
And I have seen the Pro/con list in the thread.


on a no wind day i will typical get about 5-30' longer with a 150 OLF over a 170 OLF with similar effort. for the same distance is prolly about 80-85% for the 150 to 100% of the heavier weights. 150s dont push back against the wind as effectivly as max weight. if you buy the right mold it can still do very well in the wind. better technique matters more on the mold than the weight. an overstable 150 wont require as good of input as a 175 understable disc. but a 150 understable will require alot better input then a 150 overstable.

*by Input i mean the skill you have at telling the disc what you want it to do**
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:25 pm
Location: Crystal Lake, IL

Re: 150 Lovers

Postby Dag » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:14 pm

Smyith wrote:*by Input i mean the skill you have at telling the disc what you want it to do**


I have no problem telling the disc what I want it to do, at times rather loudly. Now if I could just get the damn thing to listen.
...there was a time when you were taught to find the best disc for you, not the best disc for your situation on the course, which is how they are sold now. IMO, the flight charts are basically there to point out all the stuff you dont have in your bag and why you suck.

Chase Roberts
Dag
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 318
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:55 am
Favorite Disc: Discworld

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests