Help me and a friend with our drives?

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Help me and a friend with our drives?

Postby SteelNitro » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:22 pm

Well I don't have my video up yet because after watching a video for wrist control, I decided to hold off posting my video till I can make another one tomorrow that includes what I've learned

Sorry its such a short video and you can't see the first step in his run up in one of the videos, your not missing anything important, there's maybe a half a step missing, both of these throws went about an estimated 200ft

My friends:

SteelNitro
Noob

Favorite Disc: None as of now

Re: Help me and a friend with our drives?

Postby JR » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:56 am

Those are approach throws not drives. You can do approach throws with any steps at all and not really lose distance from where you are now. In driving you need to read the standard threads here like snap 2009 and all the stickys in the technique section and articles on the main page. Basically you need to reach back way more and turn the back to the target at least partially but full distance needs pointing the back fully at the target. So your heels and back point at the target in the x step and the planting of the last step. In order to not hurt yourself you need to pivot with the heel or ball of the foot with little sole to ground contact.

You don't want to throw with a straight arm. You miss out big time by not bending the elbow as much as you can and leading the throw with the elbow getting it closer to the target than the side before you straighten the elbow. When the chest points 90 degrees away from the target. FH and BH. Just don't push the shoulder to elbow line pointing at the target fully or you can hurt yourself. An inch or two short should be safe and fully straight hurts!!!!
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby swel304 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:35 am

not that I am any kind of expert but I would say "galloping" down the teepad like that is generally very bad for accuracy. You would probably get better throws standing still.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby dgfanatic7 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:27 pm

to the forehand thrower, i throw forehand so heres what i suggest, for more distance, try a run up, if you want accuracy try a stand still throw, but in any case, all your torque comes from your wrist and shoulder, not your arm, focus on flicking the disc rather than throwing it, ill post a video for you to see in a couple days so you can see my throws
Check out my Trade Thread!:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25744
dgfanatic7
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Xcaliber

Return to Video Critique