Rip my bag apart PLEASE!!

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Rip my bag apart PLEASE!!

Postby Rocaholic74 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:49 pm

Drivers:
DX Wraith-168 (max distance)
CH Sidewinder-169 (distance, S curve drives)
Star Leopard-169 (fairway driver for s-curves or left finishes)
DX Gazelle-170 (fairway driver for straight wooded holes)
CH 10x TeeBird-171 (wind driver and hyzer drivers)
DX Beast-174 (found in woods)

Midrange:
DX Ranch Roc-174 (*second favorite Roc/very beat in and goes dead straight with very little fade)
San Marino Roc-176 (*favorite Roc/ can do almost anything with this Roc)
Ontario Roc-170 (turn-over shots and hyzer-flips when snapped correctly)
DX Cobra-172 (only used for rollers...extremely flippy)
DX Stingray-172 (used for hard right shots)

Putters
SSS Voodoo-175 (not sure if I like them...out of the bag for now) (doesn't want to hyzer/anny like the Wizard)
M Wizard-174 (long putter drives)
S Wizard-175 (medium putter drives that I want to stop quicker than the medium and long putts)
SS Wizard-174 (for lay-ups so they stop on a dime)
SSS-Magic-174 (main putter)

If you find any holes or discrepancies in my bag feel free to rip me a new one....but be gentle..
"Goin' where the water tastes like wine."
Rocaholic74
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Rip my bag apart PLEASE!!

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:51 pm

What's your max distance and what is the normal distance you throw drivers for controlled shots?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Rocaholic74 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Frank,

I just got back into the game after taking a small hiatus. I've only been playing DG for about 2 1/2 years. My max distance is about 330' with the Wraith and Sidewinder. My controlled distance is about 315'. There are however times I throw that San Marino Roc longer than I do my Wraith and Sidewinder..I play at Tyler Park and hole number 26 when it is in C is approximately 326'. I've gotten the San Marino Roc there on a few occasions. My throw is a work in progress. To be honest I just figured out the whole late acceleration thing and working on putting snap into my throws. The last time I was out was last night and everything I threw went right...even my midranges and putter drives..I've never been more frustrated..I even shouted out loud to myself a few times..people must have thought I was insane. I've been trying to learn the flick as well. I usually just use the Sidewinder for my flicks but have used the Wraith with some incredible results every now and then.

I just wanted to know what more experienced people thought about my noobie bag. I will always keep the Rocs though because when I do throw them correctly...they fly just like I want them too and the results are amazing. Sorry for the rant.
Rocaholic74
Noob

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:47 pm

Take the wraith and dx beast out of your bag. Add a valk or river in the bag for max distance. Also take out the stingray.
Frank Delicious

Postby Rocaholic74 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:27 am

Is there a reason to take out the Wraith? I use that for my hyzer drives.

I have a Star Valk that I have but don't really like it. I'll take it back out into the field and try it again...I bought it when I was very new to the game and my form was horrible (form is better but not great).

I use the stingray for those hard right shots (I can also just flip the cobra for that too).

How about putting a MVP Vector or a Fuse in there and taking out the Ontario Roc?
I know you mentioned the River for Lat 64.....Why not the Opto Line Vision or the Flow?
Rocaholic74
Noob

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:00 pm

You aren't throwing far enough to really use the wraith to it's full potential and it beats in real quick and is pretty squirrelly. The Valk is more in your power range and you could use it more to it's full potential.

The stingray and the cobra overlap.

Ont rocs are pretty straight to flippy, Vectors are overstable mids, the fuse might work out nicely there but since you are rolling in rocs, why not just keep the rocs?

Flows are pretty fast and while need less power to throw far, you should prob stick with something slower until you are throwing a bit farther more consistently. The vision is quite understable and isn't really a distance driver. it would more replace your flippy driver.
Frank Delicious

Postby Rocaholic74 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:35 am

Thanks for all the suggestions. What weight do you think I should get in the River? What about the type of plastic? Should I go with the GL or the Opto plastic? Which do you think would be better for a semi-noob like me?
Rocaholic74
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion