clard's bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

clard's bag

Postby clard » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:09 am

Just thought I might as well throw this up to see what people think. I've changed my throw and bag a whole lot in the past couple of months so things are very much in flux right now. I can throw my wraiths about 340(on a very good throw), buzzzes 290, and challengers 260.

Drivers
12x Star Wraith 175: fairly beat, max d
Pro Wraith 167: almost new, trying to beat it in
Champ Valk 152: turnover drives, lower power drives
DX Valk 169: new, turnovers

Fairway
Champ TB 175: mildy beaten, reliable straight drives
Star leo 175: new, trying to wear it in (kinda beefy right now, hard to flip)
Z XL 166: really straight finishing drives, turnovers

Mids
Pro D Buzzz 171: newish, reliable fade
X Buzzz 161: worn, more glide, reliable fade
ESP Comet 178: new, super straight glidey shots
X Comet 179: worn, smooth turnovers

Putters
(2x) Soft Challenger 174: lightly worn, main putters
Black Soft Challenger 171: worn, approaches

I am lacking something very overstable and was unhappy with the banshee I used to throw, so I just ordered a couple Z Preds to try out.
clard
Noob

Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: clard's bag

Postby LADG Jones » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Might give the Lat. 64 Trident a shot, it's pretty similar to the KC Pro Banshee which is a whole different beast than the run of the mill Champ Banshees... Great for skip shots and very, very stable. Predators are extremely overstable too, as are Z Reapers. Other options would be Champ Monster, Champ Ape, Star Max or if you're wanting something more mid-range overstable a Star Gator would work nicely.
11x FIREBIRDS - KC PRO TEEBIRDS - VISIONS - RIVERS - WRAITHS - FR BOSS - PRO LINE MONSTER
BUZZZ - VECTOR - CORE
WIZARD - WIZARD- AND UH... WIZARD

Brand loyalty is ridiculous.
LADG Jones
Noob

Favorite Disc: Opto Vision

Postby clard » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:08 am

I'll definitely try some of those out if I'm unhappy with the preds I get. I've heard some good things about the trident.
clard
Noob

Postby clard » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:53 am

Just got 2 new 172 Z Predators and I am really impressed with them. I thought they were going to fade really hard right out of my hand but they go out a decent ways before they start. Super overstable and they don't even flinch at a 20mph wind. Really liking them so far.

Question: I am starting to feel like the XLs and Leopards are really similar except that I can make the leos do a few more tricks than the XL. But I love my XL for super straight drives. Should I keep both in my bag? I haven't been playing for very long so I don't have many beaten up discs yet and I'm not sure how they will perform once I've punished them a little bit more.
clard
Noob

Postby Peot » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:08 pm

Have you thrown any of the starlite Wraiths? Most of the Innova warp speeders in the 166-169 range are SUPER stable. I have a flat top 167 star wraith that I found at Schenley that is a total meathook.
Peot
Tree Magnet

Postby clard » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:56 am

I had a flatter, green echo star wraith that was really stable and I just got 2 new star wraiths that are slightly stable but they feel like they don't have much glide. Granted they are shiny and new so they may just need a little beating. They are 169s or 172s...I can't remember. I wasn't aware of starlite until very recently but I'd kinda like to try some out.
clard
Noob

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion