knuu's bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: knuu's bag

Postby knuu » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:12 pm

JR wrote:Do the Valks fly farther than the Roadrunner? If not you have some power. The next step up in power requirement and distance would be Beast or a little easier Gold Line Flow.
Not having compared them in the field I would say they fly about the same distance given a successfully executed throw. I'm not really sure. The Valkyrie, of course, comes back a bit more at the end. Valkyrie + Roadrunner smacks of overlap to me (is it?), hence I thought to complement the Roadrunner with the SOLF.

I tried the TD in D-line and C-line plastic. The D was a bit lighter (~166g) and beat up quickly to become difficult to control, while the C had the plus rim which did not suit me at all.

I'm not sure I feel comfortable using anything faster than Valk/RR/SOLF given my current distance/skill level. The Flow and Archon are two discs I've had in mind, though.
knuu
Noob

Postby JR » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:58 am

I have an understable early blue GL Flow and straight Opto Flows and a 170 Star Archon. And 161 and 171 Star Vulcans if you want to throw try them if we can fix a time and a place. I've heard that S TD is better than the rest of the plastics in that mold and it ain't the plus rim. Eläintarha javelin field was filled yesterday but it usually is deserted during the week. There's a lot of Finnish baseball being played in Meilahti.

Archon and Vulcan fade too hard for best D but they still go far thanks to the speed and understability in the first half of the flight. So they have low power requirement for the speed and distance just like the GL Flow and easily destroyed R-Pro Bosses in light weights. One round in Meilahti and R-Pro Bosses are unusable.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby knuu » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:57 am

JR wrote:I have an understable early blue GL Flow and straight Opto Flows and a 170 Star Archon. And 161 and 171 Star Vulcans if you want to throw try them if we can fix a time and a place. I've heard that S TD is better than the rest of the plastics in that mold and it ain't the plus rim. Eläintarha javelin field was filled yesterday but it usually is deserted during the week. There's a lot of Finnish baseball being played in Meilahti.
I might take you up on that offer at some point, I'll let you know.
knuu
Noob

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion