Disc Golf Clinic

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Disc Golf Clinic

Postby Mark Ellis » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:23 am

Play It Again Sports is hosting a free disc golf clinic in Milford, Michigan on Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 10:30 am at the Black Locust disc golf course inside Kensington Metropark.

Open to players of all abilities, including newcomers to the game, this clinic will be directed by Discraft sponsored Professional Mark Ellis and will have prizes and games from Play It Again Sports and Discraft.

The clinic will break down into sessions dealing with Long distance power driving (directed my Jamie Mosier, who will demonstrate launching a disc into orbit), forehand shots, putting and basic skills. Please bring golf discs.

From 1-96 expressway, exit at Kent Lake Road directly into the park to the first right, which is the Black Locust disc golf course. There is a park entrance fee of $4.00 per vehicle and a $2.00 fee per player to play the course.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Re: Disc Golf Clinic

Postby Apothecary » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:27 am

how can you argue with anyone who refers to himself in the third person? :P
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby Mark Ellis » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:29 am

Apothecary wrote:how can you argue with anyone who refers to himself in the third person? :P

Mark Ellis is not amused.

Ok, maybe a little. :D I posted this notice on different websites and just copied it onto here, failing to modify it as I should have.

Mark Ellis is properly chastised and will try to do better in the future.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Postby Peot » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:06 am

Mark Ellis wrote:
Apothecary wrote:how can you argue with anyone who refers to himself in the third person? :P

Mark Ellis is not amused.

Ok, maybe a little. :D I posted this notice on different websites and just copied it onto here, failing to modify it as I should have.

Mark Ellis is properly chastised and will try to do better in the future.

Looks like Apothecary successfully... "rattled" Mark Ellis?
Peot
Tree Magnet

Postby clard » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:08 am

We need a clinic out here in Pittsburgh... Thanks for directing clinics like this, Mark.
clard
Noob

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby cfair » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:18 am

Mr Ellis. I will try to be out there again. Last time was amazing and I have improved much, looking to improve more. Who will be helping you this time? Will Ben and Eirik be out again?

Side note... did Eirik ever get his bag back?
cfair
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:22 am

By starting with "Sir". Except if the person is not a star.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Mark Ellis » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:12 am

cfair wrote:Mr Ellis. I will try to be out there again. Last time was amazing and I have improved much, looking to improve more. Who will be helping you this time? Will Ben and Eirik be out again?

Side note... did Eirik ever get his bag back?

The faculty is still being recruited. Ben Lengel has a tournament and is out. Eirik is a tentative yes (and he got his whole bag back after it was stolen). Jamie will have a hard time matching last year's performance but is in :lol: . I have a couple offers out to very skilled players, so we will see.

Last year's topic was balance, which by happenstance was what cfair's game most needed. By now maybe cfair deserves a spot on the faculty?
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Postby cfair » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:07 am

I wish. Unless you are looking for someone to teach the virtues of the Comet I'm not much use. I'm not even sure I'll be able to make it out yet. Balance is much better though. What might this years topic be?
cfair
Tree Magnet

Postby isobar » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:51 am

Hopefully I can make it out to this one, but isn't it $5 to enter the park, or did they lower it? I have a pass, so I wouldn't really know, but I always thought it was $5.
isobar
Noob

Favorite Disc: Surge

Postby cfair » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:37 pm

3-5$ to get in. 2-3$ if you want to play the courses there. Black Lotus is very nice, but I think the Toboggan is down. Also it is looking more likely that I'll be there. If you are at all serious about me being "in faculty" I could help out beginners. Or I could be play fetcher for Jamie and others at the power driving field (that is if I can get some private instruction from Mr. Mosier). I mean c'mon getting that guy's discs back takes a little time.

And not to exaggerate to much, I don't know how well known Jamie is, but he really can throw so far it is almost confusing.
cfair
Tree Magnet

Postby Sean40474 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:36 am

Dear Mark,
Send your 3rd person and your pro team to AK to for a clinic. Obama said he'd be your friend and step down from presidency if you do. Kind regards from those that can't wait till 2012.

Sometimes I wished I lived in a place like Michigan so that I could attend things like this...time to move.
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Postby isobar » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:33 pm

I am not good enough to help teach but I could Probably fit the role if the student fairly well. I have raw talent and lack form hah.
isobar
Noob

Favorite Disc: Surge

Postby Mark Ellis » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:25 pm

The teaching faculty has been set for the clinic.

We have Eirik Kauserud, big power lefty for those of you who want to see the lines from a lefty perspective.

Sarah Demar ("Peach", no really, that is her nickname, when you see her it will make perfect sense), Discraft sponsored Pro. Has thrown away more trophies we can count.

Jamie Mosier, big power player who can throw it over the moon. Rumor is he can circumnavigate the globe and teach you to do it too.

John (Angus) Mcaskin, 1st year Pro who has been ripping it up. Master of the hyzer flip and unbelievable, jaw-dropping lines through the trees. Everyone thought it was luck until he kept doing it.

(Grizzly) Dave Milewski, True skill and charm all in one package. The wise will seek his insight and cherish it forever.

Me. Old, tired, somewhat feeble. Can still kick your ass. Hahaha.

We will break down into small groups to work on specific skills. If no one other than you shows up we can turn you into the next phenom. So don't tell anyone. It will be our little secret.

Presented by Play it Again Sports. Sponsored by Discraft.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Postby masterbeato » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:39 am

cfair wrote:What might this years topic be?

How about, "How to throw like a Masterbeato!"?

Slogan for that would be "Long, but not short!"
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Next

Return to Technique